Setting specific track conditions

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GeekyDeaks, Sep 18, 2022.

1. GeekyDeaks

GeekyDeaks Member AMS2 Club Member

This question might really be 'is there a way to set ideal conditions for a track'. At the moment I can only figure out how to set the time, date and weather. It's fine if this is all that is available, just curious if I am missing something as all I can find when searching is VR performance or tyre pressure settings. If this is the case, is there a way I can work out the ideal time/date for a track? Is it just the default?

I'm trying to do some comparisons with the GT1 cars on different tracks and having comparable conditions might help a bit

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the best way to do this would be in Time Trial mode.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

it's difficult I think, you can set the track rubber to max and the date to high summer (end of July imo) and the time of day to 2pm, but there will still be differences according to which bit of this Earth, flat or globe o_O , you are racing on. So I don't think it possible tbh. :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This. However, note that Time Trial is best for comparing vehicle lap times for qualifying and sprint races. For full-length races and endurance races, factors like fuel consumption and engine wear come into play (e.g. full-boost turbos damaging the engine).

• Like Like x 1
  5. GeekyDeaks

Cheers all! I tried the TT as suggested and that seems to work well enough for my purposes.

• Like Like x 2
  6. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

ah, I didn't think of that, so are the conditions the same for all tracks regardless? it would make sense for a virtual TT.

7. GeekyDeaks

I'll need a bit more time to properly tell, but I found myself putting in a time over 1.5s faster in TT mode than the default conditions at 2001 Hockenhiem in the Macca GT1, so I figured that the conditions were at least close to optimal

• Informative Informative x 1