1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

Request Title: VR replay screen room

Description:
    Vr replays not functioning correctly , some tracks do not have auto switch to follow car between cams
    Other views alter by themselves when user is switching between cars (highly frustrating )

Proposed solution from user perspective:
    Replay room with big static screen to display the replay as a monitor user would see it ,
    Vr user could watch in VR as if viewing a large static screen ( all in VR )

+stop cams changing if user switches between different cars during replays

Benefits:
    Good replay function for VR users

thanks

• Like Like x 2
  2. mille_eintausend

mille_eintausend New Member

I'm new in the sim racing game and I consider myself a filthy casual who enjoys casual driving and racing with others or against AI. All sims nowadays have terribe menus and navigation, boring presentation and it always made me feel deteched from the motorsport world.

I have two wishes for the future and these would go hand in hand with a possible career mode someday:

#1: One or several TV broadcast overlays with standings/split times like we used to have in singleplayer games like DTM/Toca Rce Driver or F1 games. It would add to the immersion and there would be unlimited possibilities if modable and depending on the class and racing series + options for private leagues/cups/competitions.

#2: Using deep learning to analyse a session replay and create highlight videos of every session. This could be perfectly combined with #1 with little to no effort for the user. The deep learing system would analyse on-screen details (overtakes, split times, contact, failures, pitstops, tire wear and fuel, flags and penalties) and based on that automatically create a video summary of whole sessions/races from one or even all relevant cars.

I know it's wishful thinking but things like analysis of videos to create highlight reels already exists for content creators out there (Athenascope being the best one, unfortunatelly discontinued) and boradcast overlays while monitoring is something that should be way easier and would add a lot to the atmosphere.

I would see it as a chance for AMS 2 to stand out even more and don't be a sterile experience like many other sims out there are.

That's all. Man, I love this game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. benvelor

benvelor Member

Request Title: Different power for cars in the same class

Description: Some car more powerful and quick than other, setting by xml files like AI, and different reliability. Even for player's car
    So we can have a IA with high performance in race, but a poor car and viceversa
    and we can feel the difference driving a car for, i.e., 500 of power compared to a car with, i.e., 600 of power, driving a Ferrari F1 1990 would be different to drive a Fondmetal in the same class
    reliability in xml for cars and not more in IA ones

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stefan Denninger

Stefan Denninger New Member

Request title: better performance in night and / or rain conditions. Especially in vr.

request title: a guide to edit the custom ffb-file.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. wanderschikanentv

wanderschikanentv New Member

Request title: Earlier handover of control to player in single-player race with rolling start without formation lap
    Description: Control over the car should be handed over to the player already a few seconds before green light in races with rolling start without formation lap. I use this configuration a lot for short races, and as control is only handed over in the moment of green-light, oftentimes, you are getting control while the car is on a curb or similar, resulting in a spin when player control and force-feedback kicks in.
    Benefits: Clean starts, no need to restart races after an annoying spin due to player control kicking in at race start.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

agreed total control by user zero pre-control by software imo ( as iracing )

7. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Could we please get some target level for tire temperature in setup screens?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Options --> Gameplay --> Manual rolling start "Yes" (Just two seconds "pre-control")

• Like Like x 2
  9. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

Maybe an optimal range is a little more useful, but I'm all for more information on the cars/tires/tracks in general.

• Like Like x 2
  10. wanderschikanentv

Good to know and better than nothing. I would have never searched in the Options menu for this setting, so thanks for sharing!

• Like Like x 1
  11. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Working flags

12. pipimax007

pipimax007 Member

Request title: chase cam engine volume
    Description: when you switch cameras, the car engine in chase cam is like 200% louder than interior cams. It does sound awesome, but it is really distracting when you come from the interior cameras. It would be nice to have a separte slider for player's car volume in external cameras.
    It was the same in PC2.

13. =Robert=

=Robert= New Member AMS2 Club Member

Any chance of adding Oschersleben track ?

• Like Like x 3
  14. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

One feature I'd like to see brought back from AMS1 is the mechanical wear rate, so that even in condensed events there will be a realistic reliability, or rather lack of reliability.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

Hello mates, this is my personal gold list of feature requests (and improvements) to launch AMS2 to a very high level IMHO compared to other racing simulation games on the market. Many of these petitions are among the most popular here after reading 60+ pages of requests. It is valid that some think that I could be cluttering the forum but I think that this summary can be useful to many who do not have so much time to read through the entire thread*

REPLAYS/SPECTATE:
    - Overhauled freecam for replay more focused in content creation (please take notes from R3E)
    - Mouse clicking to jump around timeline on replays
    - Helicopter & drone camera views

VISUALS/PERFORMANCE:
    - Support for Raytracing, Ambient Occlusion, DLSS, VRSS and FSR
    - Better balanced visuals for all cars (Improved internal visuals for lesser / not so popular ones)
    - Improved dynamic animations for vibrating stuff like mirrors, hood, racing nets, antennas, cabling and other moving parts.
    - General tarmac texture enhancements with better high res tire marks
    - Visual damage enhancements with cracked windshields
    - Improved sparks effect. More sparks for classics open wheel cars
    - Improved raindrops, splash and smoke effects
    - For VR users: virtual driver body toggle on/off ...OR EVEN BETTER: rag doll driver with neck linked to player head movement
    - Animated race marshalls waving flags, track LED boards flashing and pace/safety cars (officially announced in development by Renato).

MENUS:
    - More vehicle info on the UI. ie. car year.
    - Concentrate all menu buttons to central screen (essential for triple screen users)
    - Thumbnail images for all tracks in menus for better/quick identification

CONTROLS:
    - TC, ABS & engine modes mapped to buttons and multi switches
    - Mappeable neutral button
    - Mappeable menu navigation buttons
    - Secondary button assigments (useful for users with more than one shifter)

HUD:
    - HUD enhancements including widget scaling
    - ICM widget movement and scaling

AUDIO:
    - Get rid off all shared/synthetic engine sounds of some cars
    - Varied suspension sounds when hitting sausage kerbs, going airburne or off-road
    - Improved sound effect of dirt/dust hitting the car. ie. when drivers ahead go off track and kick up clouds of dirt, impacts should be heard while going through such clouds.
    - Built in audio engineer/spotter
    - Wind friction sound effects for cars that apply

MULTIPLAYER:
    - Improved net code
    - Admin commands
    - Broadcast mode
    - Ability to save a custom lobby setup for multiplayer including lobby name
    - Driver swaps
    - Organized weekly races with various categories and series to encourage people to experience/discover the vast and diverse nature of the game.

GENERAL/QUALITY OF LIFE:
    - Ability to edit player name
    - Separate settings for auto clutch, auto blip and auto lift
    - Onboard push-to-pass-ready light (plus sound beep)
    - More garage spots for tracks that lack them
    - Ability to share custom championship files
    - Complete career mode (officially announced for 2023 by Renato)

*More could be added/deleted in the future.
    Go :hurrayreiza: go!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Gabriel Sanabria

Gabriel Sanabria New Member

I would like to suggest to the developers to open the possibility of the race host, or a designed race admin, to be able to control some aspects of the racing during the session.

Mainly thinking about organized and league racing.

Things like:
    • Trowing out a full course yellow at any time, deciding for how long the yellow will be active. (Some racing categories throw out a programmed yellow for packing up the cars again, sppliting the race in two stages)

• Ability to command when the start lights go out (For realism proposes, would allow the drivers to go out from pits to the starting line, just like in a real race event.)

• Ability to restart the session at any time. (Just in case some drivers pile up at the T1 or something goes wrong in the starting sequence)

• Ability to control the grid starting order (For races with two sessions with reverse grid order between them)

• Ability to give penalties to individual drivers regardless of the game auto penalties. (If the race director found out a driver caused a collison for example)

• Ability to modify the race length and/or end the session keeping the results at any time while the session is ongoing. (Like the start lights ability, the race director can end a race at any moment)

• Ability to drivers join the races at any time, even if it is on going. (This is not race director related, but would be useful for MP in general. If the drivers could join a ongoing race it would greatly increase the number of racers on servers)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd like to see:
    An in lap after quali.
    Being allowed to rev during pitstops.
    England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales in nationality/region.
    Ai tyre selection in pit menu.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Is there any chance that AMS2 and Automation would be integrated as happens between Automation and Beam.NG?

Automation devs once told that they tried to do it with Assetto Corsa but Kunos refused the integration.

Would be amazing, even if the extra cars use a more simplified physics compared to official content (as already happen with BNG).

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. wanderschikanentv

I'd like to further back-up on this one:

Request title: More Frames-per-second in VR in races at night, in rain or in fog against opponents with headlights

Description: In races at night, in rain or in fog, frames-per-seconds, especially in VR, drop to 30-40% lower values than under clear conditions at daytime, when racing against opponents with headlights. The drop of fps occurs when opponents with headlights are behind your car.

When racing against opponents without headlights (e.g. open-wheelers), fps drops are not observed.

It appears that the fps drop is due to how the graphic engine handles how light from behind is either lightening the cockpit or the mirrors.

Benefits: Rainy, foggy or night conditions can be used in races e.g. for GT3 class with a smooth gaming experience.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

To be able to tag and choose cars by favorite.

• Like Like x 1