The wait for VR support is brutal!

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by onaflyer, Jan 18, 2017.

1. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

There is only ONE news: Reiza didn't drop the idea to have VR in AMS but they don't have the manpower to develop it right now (they are looking for coders).
    So, can you VR guys avoid to come here and moan about the lack of VR support or communication from Reiza???
    VR threads are boring as hell...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

then don't open and read them then :) if we wanna talk VR we will talk VR, you have the option to ignore these threads.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Okay guys - lets not get crazy with VS mode. :D

I think we can all agree that we want AMS to be the best it can be - no matter what peripherals / hardware is being used; we just have to be patient and let developers work within their means.

If one is determined enough to play AMS, it's easy enough to do without VR and if VR is considered as the only option, there are more games with VR support than ever before. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. DaVeX

No problem mate, I didn't want to say you guys shouldn't talk about VR, I am just bored to read Reiza didn't give any news to users or to see them bashed for lack of VR...is not fair in my opinion...they are working hard for us, even to add VR...they are looking for someone can help them...on the other side, a lot of forum users come here just to moan...just 2 min on forum and they will find the news they want...

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Helldriver

Helldriver New Member

This is exactly the right place to moan about the missing VR Support, no matter what you think about it. Or should i go to AC Forums to moan about it?

When i translate the latest news it sounds like:
    Nothing accomplished since last september and we´re not sure if we should do it at all!

Nice!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. DaVeX

You want VR and you are here asking for it?
    It's ok!
    But if you say:
    This is not true! Maybe they aren't giving you the news you want, but they are very clear and sincere with us since the problem pops up!
    So you find the news!
    Not the ones you want to hear but... you should admit they are talking to us a lot about the lack of VR support, do you like it now?

8. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Let's not make it a debate :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. onaflyer

onaflyer Member

Yeah no debate needed really, this was not meant as a negative thread by any means, I just wanted to see if I was the only one waiting each and every day to see VR support.

It is just super frustrating , Oculus and Steam VR are going on 2+ years in service now. VR wasn't/isn't exactly a surprise.

10. Dean Ogurek

Yes but, even Codies have not committed to VR support in Dirt 4 at this point; they are taking a "wait & see" approach even though, the underlying core work needed for VR is already in place (Dirt Rally does VR) and they are a much bigger team with a much larger budget than Reiza.

I suspect there's much more to adding VR support to AMS than is being talked about and we just need to be patient and let things develop in the right place and time. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. reidz

reidz New Member

I do have both VR & Triple screen; but I have to admit that I can't be upset at Reiza or Codemasters given the last sales results (Rift/Vive/PSVR).
    We, as simracing gamers, are already a niche; I can totally understand that VR is not an high priority task right now. That would probably be mandatory for simracing within 2 years, but for now... It's a "bonus".

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Magus

Magus Member AMS2 Club Member

I think for 'hopefuls' like myself, that tried VR & thought 'how can you race without VR?' & assumed most sim racers that invest in wheels/rigs/pc's would not doubt follow suit as it was truly the next evolutionary step in the genre, that all serious sims would then implement the VR. Seeing AC did such a sterling job on VR implementation I again erroneously implied it wasn't too difficult for other developers to do the same. So triple screens were packed up in a jiffy, a side monitor positioned around the rig and started waiting patiently for my 2 favourite games to follow suite (rF2/AMS).

My own fault for being so optimistic! So yes the wait for VR is painful but only eased by being allowed to play AC, however I do miss these games sorely & I'm hoping that once it comes to rF2 it won't be too difficult for AMS to translate that tech to their engine. I know the guys at Reiza & Luminis have worked together before, so hopefully they come together again here to ease my (& other VR-AMS lovers) pain :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. onaflyer

onaflyer Member

Yes I miss running AMS soooo much, but it has allowed me to find R3E and I really like it a lot. They did a good job in their first pass of VR support.

But I will say I way prefer AMS FFB to all other sims.....R3E is making the wait a bit easier though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dean Ogurek

There are some new VR developments coming in the next few months or so that may begin to convince more people that VR is going to continue to grow and be adopted by more and more players. VR developers still consider the tech to be in it's infant stages and "Baby Steps" are going to be the way forward for quite some time. VR progress will be a slow one - at least for those of us that are paying attention. :)

It's common for some to wait for the right time, a better version, etc. Some will fight tooth and nail to avoid anything new, protest loudly, or just dismiss it altogether. Nothing new in that. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

:)
    I'm glade you all pay for the development of VR, I'll wait till It's more mature. (and a lot cheaper)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

From what I hear the VR will disappoint!! Triple screens still the go to for now!

17. Dean Ogurek

You're welcome, it's a tough job but, someone has to do it. I'm pretty old so I don't have as much time to wait. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Dean Ogurek

. . . or better yet, get both FTW! :D

VR is quite amazing but, amazing may not be for everyone either. :)
    Triples offer the best coverage for playing various titles and you won't miss VR if you don't know what you're missing. The main things I'd like to see improved are the resolution and FOV; higher resolution will come in baby steps over time. Better FOV is going to require new tech features to make significant gains IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  19. denis dracup

denis dracup Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So you find the news!
    Not the ones you want to hear but... you should admit they are talking to us a lot about the lack of VR support, do you like it now?[/QUOTE] Well if you Say they are talking a LOT a 14 word sentence .since the last sept 3rd 2016 update.. is not a LOT .imo ..

20. Marcos Furriel

Marcos Furriel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The Oculus Rift here in Brazil cost more than 6,000.00 reals (1 dollar = 3,1 reals) . And the minimum wage of a worker is 900.00 reals. So Sad. So I do not mind the VR, but it definitely is something that brings value to a simrace game product.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 2