Car setups of AI?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by herakles, Oct 20, 2022.

1. herakles

herakles Member

Hello!

I can see the AI in the oval at Fontana driving almost 35 laps without pitting. My tyres are worn out even at around 20 laps. So I am asking myself, how the AI can do so.

Therefore, I'd love to know: Is there a way to get the setups of AI cars?

Thanks in advance,
    herakles

2. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How do you know they are "worn out"? The telemetry HUD only shows 50% of total tyre wear. You can easily keep going past the tyre wear indicator being empty. Just stay out and the car will remain fine for a long time.

3. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

why does the hud only show 50%? that doesn't seem very intuative

4. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Its the tread wear. Once it is worn 100% in-game hud (or 50% as per telemetry in simhub) then you are driving the tyre bald. This doesnt seem to matter too much, especially for ovals where you can use arb/weight jacker to dial out bad handling. There are no tyre blowouts at present to encourage pitting.

5. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If that is true it's certainly not felt in any way, the car feels just fine. My lap times on ovals just keep getting faster and faster despite the tyres being "gone".

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  6. herakles

herakles Member

That is very interesting. Indeed, I never drove the tyres long enough to make them explode. But I must also honestly admit - if there are not blowouts currently, I feel this is sad. That'd be a lack of reality (and since this is called a "simulation", it should contain it IMO).

Greetings from Germany,
    Herakles

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. herakles

herakles Member

Anyway - back to topic: is there a way to get the setups of the AI - from any track?

8. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Afaik it is not possible.

Besides the AI doesn't follow the same physics as the player, therefore it is unlikely that their setup can be applied to the player.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. herakles

herakles Member

How about tyres being worn out - meaning they would explode or simply be destroyed after the tyre usage is "full black" instead of "green"? Is it still, that tyres cannot be detroyed, no matter how loong you drive them? Or has there been a change in one of the recent updates?