1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD Support

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dave Stephenson, May 29, 2020.

1. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I have occasionally seen steamcmd fail to update exes. Usually a process was lingering or something but it doesn't always recover from it even with validate. If you're using steamcmd try to delete DedicatedServerCmd.exe manually, then run update/validate

2. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

So I think this is a bug with the current DS.
    If you set the number of players to less than the number of grid slots, AI drivers appear on the server even if the AI driver option is turned off.
    Eg: set Grid size to: 30
    set max players to : 28
    sef fill session with AI to: OFF

Once you start the race, you'll get 2 AI drivers to show up on the server. Very easy to replicate everytime. "Fill session with AI" setting seems to have no effect. Only way to avoid it seems to be set max players has to be the same as Grid size.

3. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just gave it a try it and I can confirm it does happen.. 2 AI were added when setting to GS to 30 and max players to 28..

• Like Like x 1
  4. Harald Loch

Harald Loch HarryHole AMS2 Club Member

Hi there,
    i have one problem with setting full course yellow via web interface. I activate fcy and click on "Save session". I go in the game and the session settings show fcy off. I return to the web interface and fcy is deactivated. All other changes/settings via web ui work fine. What I'm doing wrong?

Greetings
    Harry

5. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

are you using any custom webfiles by any chance, i had this exact same issue when i was using betorobson custom webfiles

6. Harald Loch

Harald Loch HarryHole AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for your response. No custom webfiles.
    I deleted and reloaded the server files and now it´s working fine (even fcy).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Touc

Touc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi we have just started using Emperor and are very impressed with it. Do you know if it’s possible to setup a server with a short practice session then back to back races etc.
    or even an event that cycles tracks

8. DaWorstPlaya

Unfortunately I don't think so, I haven't seen the option to do that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Touc

Just a quick question. How’s performance on for you on the Emperor Server. It has been shockingly bad for us. Server in Europe and most racers in the uk or Europe and the pings are through the roof. Thinking of binning it off

10. Roy Niessink

are you using their servers or a own locally hosted server with their software?

before we moved to justrace.net we used emperor on a local server here in my house in the Netherlands, and never had issues

• Like Like x 1
  11. Touc

Their servers.

12. Roy Niessink

ok, so that seems something on their end then

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DaWorstPlaya

I'm hosting Emperor server locally on a server and all the racers are geographically located close to where I live (western US), so I'm not sure I'm a good metric. But we've had pretty good performance, ping times are about 50ms for everyone and we've been having close bumper to bumper races with few netcode issues. Netcode issues still happens occasionally with 50ms ping times, it's not that bad but it shows there is still room for improvement with netcode with AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Kro

We have had Emperor for the last 2 years without any major issues. It was rough for a while but after the latest build its been pretty good as long as were under 15 players, however we just go an email today from them stating they will no longer be offering any new AMS2 servers due to the status of the game and stability issues:( anyone else get that email? Ours came today :cool:

15. DaWorstPlaya

I didn't get the email, but as I said I'm using their server software and hosting it on a PC at home (local). We've regularly hosted races with 30 drivers in a lobby and it's worked pretty well. There is the occasional netcode but it's not bad at all.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Roy Niessink

Just checked the emperor website, and there is no mentioning of AMS2 there anymore, so what you are saying sounds about right.

Seeing that, makes me glad we went to JustRace with our league, as i guess this means any new game/server features wont get added in the emperor server anymore in the future.

It is strange that they still support Project Cars 2 though.....

17. Touc

They are keeping the sever manager up to date but not hosting servers for the time being. If it becomes more stable in the future then they will

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. DaWorstPlaya

I can see that, here are some of the MP bugs/issues, I've personally seen during our league races.
    1. Netcode still an issue with low ping/latency players (50ms).
    2. People can still select other car classes when class and cars are locked on server to specific class.
    3. Weather doesn't change even if multiple weather slots are selected for laps based race.

19. Roy Niessink

i can add invisible/floating cars to this as that happens quite a bit as well in our league races

20. Kro

In a follow-up email, they explained we can keep our server & they will keep an eye on the game and keep updating the servers as new builds come out but will not be offering any new AMS2 server accounts ATM, however, Like Touc said, if things change for the better they will bring them back...

• Like Like x 1