Automobilista bug report thread (Please read the opening post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 25, 2016.

1. AMS_SR

AMS_SR Active Member AMS2 Club Member

V.1.3.1b
    Edit:
    Track & Layout Used
    : Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Single Player, Training
    Report: u play and go back to mainmenu -> game crashes to desktop

Edit: I sorted out as a ram consuming issue since 1.3.1. After reboot it works for 1 time, but after second try - drive and back to menu - he crashes sporadically to desktop. When i load a track and switch to windows - my ram manager shows 96mb left.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  2. AMS_SR

V.1.3.1b
    Track & Layout Used
    : Any
    Car Used: Mini
    Applicable Settings: half automatic, auto upshift, manual downshift
    Report: auto upshift jump from 2. to 6. gear

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

I can´t reproduce this - worth doing a Steam integrity check to make sure the install is OK?

4. AMS_SR

Edit: Integrity checks more than enough. Its a ram issue. It seems this version 1.3.1 is more ram consuming.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  5. Rudolph523

Rudolph523 Member

Track & Layout Used: boxer cup championship tracks.

Car Used: Boxer cup

Applicable Settings: singleplayer, Championship: 1 practice, 1 qualifying of 30 minutes, 1 warmup, and 1 race session of 30 minutes

: goes straight to warm up when starting new race weekend during a championship. had it in velopark, kansai and spielberg. have this issue since 1.3.0 and also in 1.3.1r. when i say restart weekend it goes to practice 1 and everything is fine. i hope this gets fixed, havent tried other champ series, so do not know if this issue is also there.

steps to reproduce: start a championship using the boxer cup. with my used settings. had the issues from velopark onwards, but that is when i started using 1.3.0, hope that this is the info you guys need as this is my first bug report.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  6. Rudolph523

Rudolph523 Member

update: I did start practice yesterday at spielberg, when i wanted to do the practice again today it laoded up the race session, while i quitted to main menu from the preactice yesterday. i only fid that so i already had some laps in and a feeling for the track.

7. Buzzhornet

Buzzhornet New Member

When using multiplayer in game (not dedicated server) the following parameters do not work in game.
    1. Multiplayer Ai speed
    2. Race start type (set for standing does nothing) defaults to fast rolling.

Edit: you change settings to work in the cch file (Ai) and the player file (for race start type)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  8. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used:Brasilia Outer Ring & Brands Hatch GP
    Car Used: Formula Extreme
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: Using the same aero package you get different wing setting options for each track
    Steps to reproduce:

9. Riches

Riches New Member

I was exploring the latest update and some of it's content. Its so much i hardly ever get around getting to know all cars. I can imagine that finding all the bugs with so much content is quite difficult.
    These errors are not hardware related, but bugs in the coding.

Track & Layout Used: Oulton Park CLassic
    Car Used: F-Vintage
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: Right rearwheel is popping visible/invisible at close range. I suspect a LOD value error, as it's just that one wheel that has this behavior.
    Steps to reproduce: As above

Track & Layout Used: Oulton Park CLassic
    Car Used: F-Vintage
    Applicable Settings: Rolling Start
    Report: When doing a rolling start the whole race restarts it self to the beginning of the rolling start. So you get drive all the way just beyond S/F, than instantly you zip back to were the game started. Like you get stuck in a loop. Pressing esc. gets you back to the menu. Trying again gives the same result. Probably some error in the AI file.

Track & Layout Used: Brands Hatch GP
    Car Used: all Caterhams
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: Game completely quits to desktop, even after Steam verified all content twice.
    While all other cars runs fine there.

I guess these things are easy to fix.
    If i find more i post them.

10. Lorencini

Lorencini Luciano Lorencini AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Adelaide
    Car Used: Super V8
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: Fuel lap estimation in Garage are wrong.
    Did a 20 lap race in Adelaide, Fuel Comsunption X2. Garage estimation says a full tank lasts 13 laps. But actually, both myself and AI were able to complete all 20 laps without a pitstop.
    Steps to reproduce: As above.

I've perceive same behaviour in othe cars and tracks (e.g. Boxer Cup @ Brands Hatch).

11. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just tested and can't reproduce the last two. Can you try creating a new plr file and see if it still occurs?

Then provide complete details of the setup you are testing if it still occurs. (game mode/various settings etc)

12. Ekull

Ekull New Member

Track & Layout Used: Goiania
    Car Used: Copa Petrobras de Marcas A.I.
    Applicable Settings: Difficultly 85%. ~1/2 hour into race. Full field. First race in season
    Report: A.I. pitting, skid into fence.
    Steps to reproduce: As above.

13. Riches

Riches New Member

Ok i get on it.

14. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Formula V10
    Applicable Settings: All aids off except for tc (low) in garage.
    Report: Engine explodes after some laps, temperature between 90/95 degrees
    Steps to reproduce: Take a few laps on any track and wait for the Boommmm.

This is not my favorite car, but a friend told me about the problem and I tested it to prove, as I have not seen any reports here on this, the report goes.

EDIT: Today I noticed that FReiza also presented the same question, so I believe the reason is for the last update:
    "Updated engine wear parameters in several cars, addressing some reported issues"
    Or no?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

New engine wear & reliability functions have been added for v1.3.0 and fine tuned in v1.3.1 for all cars - they will blow up if abused, how easily or not depends on the type of engine. Temperature is not necessarily a factor in this case (though it may also accelerate engine wear) - the engine may blow instantly if driver does terminal damage to it but also after a few laps (some have said the engine just blows for no reason, but if one keeps bouncing off the limiter while sitting on the grid for ex he´ll already have hurt it and pretty much ensure it will blow up later on).

In the case of F-V10 and F-Reiza which have a rev limit setting in garage, running a race on max rev setting will almost certainly lead to failure in race. On the other hand, lowering the rev limit can substantially increase their lifetime. A slightly more conservative setup and sensible shifting style should make it very hard to blow any engines at all even in long races.

That´s by design - low downforce packages are automatically assigned for high speed tracks such as Brasilia Outer Ring, Jaca Oval and other similar tracks as they´re the ideal configuration for those tracks.

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

This is wonderful from a sim perspective. But since most people will not know about it, the sensible approach would be to make the default setting not the maximum revs, but one designed to last a full race, assuming minimally abusive shifting. Then, if someone is sure they are a great driver, or, want to take some risk, they can go into the garage and adjust upwards toward or to the maximum rev limit. Default setups should always be somewhat conservative and safe, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. muzarati

muzarati Member

Car Used:SuperV8
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: Occasionally AI will wiggle on the approach to T8, could be line or corridor issue? Also constantly getting yellow flag at last corner for no reason?
    Steps to reproduce:

18. muzarati

muzarati Member

Car Used: Montana utes
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: Sound issue with starting up, silent gap between starting and idle
    Steps to reproduce:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Vaken

Vaken Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't think that's related to a car or track. I've experienced this sometimes with other cars (Boxer, I'm sure of it) and at other tracks (but I would have trouble saying where, that doesn't happen a lot to me).

20. muzarati

muzarati Member

Car Used: SuperV8 & others
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: Cars crash into each other while under safety car on formation lap