AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD Support

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dave Stephenson, May 29, 2020.

1. Julien Lemoine

Julien Lemoine Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey Guys,
    We want run Adelaide Historic but this track is not in dedicated, it's an issue ?

2. Asturbo

Asturbo Member AMS2 Club Member

3. Julien Lemoine

Man, i already know all this, we have a software to manage automatically AMS2 servers ^^ , Adelaide is not just in exe. If you try to join a Adelaide Historic, it's Cleveland

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Julien Lemoine

+ With AMS2 Controlpanel, there is no Adelaide Historic

5. Julien Lemoine

6. Asturbo

Asturbo Member AMS2 Club Member

It's strange. I've mounted Adelaide Historic in my server before posting and shows Adelaide Historic. Not only in the browser, when you join the session loads the right track.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
  7. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. JB_Oz

JB_Oz New Member

G’Day, I’m wanting to add a mandatory pit stop to my dedi-server but irregardless of what I try it only opens the pit on the last lap just at the pit entry point and then I’m DQ’ed a few seconds later when I pass the finish line.

I’m setting up some Retro F1’s in a multi-class (Gen 1, 2 & 3) on the Gateway oval track.

Am I doing something wrong I need to look for or is there a bug..?

Many thanks

9. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is a bug with the RC, but just discovered this on the dedicated servers we are running this week. The cars do not have TC/ABS, The "Force Realistic Driving Aids" flag is active, but I can go into the Gameplay Options in the session and enable all the arcade help settings! WTF!
    20221108010755_1.jpg
    Here's the server setup 20221108010702_1.jpg
    This is how it should be. 20221108010903_1.jpg Authentic and the driving assists should be greyed out and unchangeable.
    Hope this is a bug that will be fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Roy Niessink

I think thats always been the case, however turning it on in your gameplay settings doesn't have any effect, as the server overrides that setting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Redvaliant

In the 3 servers and sessions I tried, the brake assist, steer assist and auto gears were all enabled in game. TC/ABS were high/low/off in the menu and showing as active on the HUD. This is a real issue if these are in effect on servers running authentic, aids off races.

12. Nobkins

Nobkins Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure if this helps but with the dedi if you want Authentic driving aids you must enable all TC, ABS and Stability.

What authentic does is disable the driving aids that the car does not have but it does not work unless they are already enabled.

From the JustRace website this is how we do it. Note the red circle highlight authentic and this forces all the other options you see in blue to on:
    upload_2022-11-8_9-33-30.png

Then looking at a server started like that in the web config you see this:
    upload_2022-11-8_9-35-6.png

I find the best indicator of if driving aids are working on not is the hud element in the bottom right corner with the RPM, speed, gear and TC. ABS, SC status.

Hope that helps.

In short to use authentic driving aids with the dedi ALL driving aids MUST be enabled so that they can then be turned off as per the car settings.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Redvaliant

I've often wondered if the Force Realistic Aids flag will allow TC/ABS if they are not set to on in the dedicated server files. I've seen the TC settings, 1 - 10, respond to the assigned button and the Speedo hud shows the TC being active in cars that have TC, but was unsure if they were really active - I hardly ever drive cars using electronic aids. I will test tonight's race with the electronics off in the json file and see if I can enble them in session. The Steer and Brake and Gear assists are all able to be turned on regardless of settings.

14. Nobkins

Nobkins Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can only assume a mis configuration as that is not the case on our servers. The settings are locked down as we configure.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

maybe just a personal update problem.
    I'm running a more or less default setup dedi, supported with Teamviewer, as its some 100km away. A long time i updated only the exe file, until i found out that sometimes also other files got updated. Since then i upload the full content from my local folder to the server.

16. Redvaliant

I added the Aids flags - TC/ABS/STB to the rotate.json file and ran the server with Force Realistic Aids. The result in the P3s was all 3 driving aids were off but the steer/brake/gear helps were still available. I will leave these flags in the server as I do run modern TC cars from time to time.

17. Harald Loch

Harald Loch HarryHole AMS2 Club Member

I can confirm, that thismay be a bug. I activated all flags in the dediserver via webinterface. During practice i have tc and abs (GT3-Class) working. I can change this settings via assigned controlbuttons As soon as the qualifying/race starts abs and tc aren´t working. It´s easy to recognize, because the assigned controlbuttons aren´t working anymore.

18. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

hey guys, we ran our first league race today and i was wondering if it was normal to have yellow and red pings mostly on a dedicated serv? the machine was a 4core 11th gen mini pc with and upload speed of 35mb so it should have been good pings for everyone, there was an american in the race so would that effect everyones ping through peer to peer?

19. Roy Niessink

Yes, thats probably the case, also keep in mind that the first person that joins the server becomes the host, if that person has a bad connection it affects everyone, the dedicated server is still relying on p2p heavily unfortunately

20. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i was the host, then someone else was, we both have good internet, 30mb + upload and 200 upload