PhD project?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Bhabani Sankar Mishra, Dec 14, 2022.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bhabani Sankar Mishra

Bhabani Sankar Mishra New Member

The game is out for like 2-3 years now? It is a game or a phd project? where is the gameplay? Just physics and engineering updates, are you writing a thesis for your phd? There's no multiplayer nor single player gameplay! Am I to get mesmerized by foggy drizzles all the time?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

You probably want to find a game that suits your requirements better, rather than playing a game that you don't enjoy, hoping the developers change it to suit your desires. That seems foolish to me. Have fun! :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bhabani Sankar Mishra

enjoy your doctorate, have fun.

4. Pacchia

Pacchia Member

The pursuit of knowledge is more valuable than its possession.
    We AMS2 players like to gather in tearooms, smoking opium pipes and speculating about the philosophical implications of the multiple lines through turn 1 at Cascavel.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  5. Bhabani Sankar Mishra

Not really, the forum is full of players wishing for more than engineering degrees, look at all the posts, some unhappy with AI, some sad about multiplayer, etc etc, and a few delusionals giving me lecture on playing something else and **** off.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  6. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. lukester

lukester Trey Ulbraking AMS2 Club Member

Man I hope there's not a limit on the ignore function in this XenForo software.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What the OP probably meant (in a very grotesque way) is that AMS2 kind of feels like a sandbox game atm, which I agree to some degree.

For example, if you take the F1 202X games, while terrible regarding simulation, they do provide the whole "F1 experience".
    If we go to iRacing, ACC and rF2 they do provide a consistent MP scene (ACC and rF2 namely through LFM).
    If we add AC and AMS1 to the list above, they do provide league racing.

Now, I don't agree that AMS2 is just a PhD project. If the right parameters are met, it can be a really good sim, even in the current "broken all over" state. Proof of that is there are some local leagues running it, albeit requiring massive patience from anyone willingly trying to host leagues in the game.

Edit: thinking better, actually AMS2 does provide the full experience of some brazilian real life series. So yeah, definitely not a sandbox - I revoke that statement.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 is still very much W.I.P. (as are other sims - rF2 / iRacing / etc.). I'm still waiting for iRacing to fix their ffb! :p:D

Regarding AMS2 development . . . As Yoda might say, "The Sim for you this is not".
    At least, not yet. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

Some of the best gameplay I've ever had was in the original Sonic 1 on the MegaDrive/Genesis. Have you tried that?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Bhabani Sankar Mishra

Exactly my point, you dont need perfect FFB to be at the top of Sim Racing Sims.

Attached Files:

12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Maybe you don't need perfect FFB but, I'd put that aspect miles ahead of MP in terms of priority. I'd also place drive-train physics and audio far ahead of MP but, that's just me.

We all have our priorities for Racing-sim feature wishes but, developing them requires time, a lot of it. In simulation terms, a few years of development is not much at all.

13. Bhabani Sankar Mishra

iRacing has... like what 20 or 50 times more active racers compared to AMS2? Let's not live in a bubble.

14. F_B

Seems you're immune against everything others tell you, no matter if they're kind. Might be about time that you look for another sim and stop wasting everyones time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Bhabani Sankar Mishra

This advise is already taken by majority of sim racers, and also seems AMS2 fan boys are also immune against everything others tell them.

16. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

[​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. F_B

It's just the way you act here and how you articulate your problems. You're not friendly.
    Thus people are not willing to help you or just cannot help you because you have already decided that AMS2 is not your cup of tea.

Personally I'm not a AMS2 fanboy because I also use all the other sims. It's just that I stick with AMS2 more frequently since some time.

18. Bhabani Sankar Mishra

Bunch of fan boys telling people not play the least played Sim.

19. Bhabani Sankar Mishra

How is this related to my post? was there any help asked from anyone? it's not by cup of tea as the cup is emptied. I am not friendly in my criticism as its criticism to AMS2 not a love letter, the criticism is of the game not fan boys who are telling me to foff and play something else.

20. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Good luck with that - I think you'll struggle though. Might be better to start with sandpit and colouring in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.