My one complaint.

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dmand, Dec 19, 2022.

1. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

I love this sim! The performance and visuals are TOP notch in the sim world, being able to drive in a full grid with great graphics in VR is amazing!

With that out of the way, I would like to share my one complaint... Sound.

Audio quality for some of the cockpit views make the cars sound like a unity sound pack or something from the ps3 days. The open wheelers with no roof seem ok.

The only car i have found so far that sounds as good inside as it does outside is the stock car that kind of looks like a truck.

Even stuff like adding some squeaks to suspension travel will go a long way for immersion

I understand the car will sound different on the inside compared to being at the tip of the exhaust, but the drop in quality in most cars is very noticeable.

Will this be improved on in future updates?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What about the Group C cars?
    I consider them one of the best sounding cars in all sims.

To which cars do you refer especially?

3. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

I just tried one. Yes, they do indeed sound very nice.
    One of the cars i was thinking of, is the Mitsubishi Lancer. Some of the older lower power cars don't sound well either. I'll try some more and get back.

4. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

To be fair, the inside sounds are pretty realistic if you consider that it's muffed because of cockpit/helmet/earplugs acoustics.

BUT, I think that Reiza could give to the player the option to choose if the internal sounds would be realistic as it is or something more close to the external sounds (or completely like it).

It's something that I believe that esthetic could be more immersive that realism... but everyone thinks different about it, and that is why I believe that letting players choose is the best way.

5. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

A slider for in tintop muffled sounds alongside the current player engine level would be great...

On some cars I have to turn my surround into a different mode to hear the engine, lots of electric sounding cars with only transmission sounds for engine notes when it's on the wrong mode... It adds another level of set up for a race for me... Not only do I have to adjust the sound sliders in game but also on Crew Cheif and Discord if I'm in a league race...

Reiza probably has a sound pass planned in development once some of the other glaring issues are tackled to clear up these issues...

• Like Like x 1