Reiza & IndyCar (re: MSGM/iRacing news)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by DjFIL007, Dec 21, 2022.

1. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm glad that Reiza as been in some form of discussion with IndyCar. It seems there's some mutual respect there with the addition of the Indy Motor Speedway to AMS2, and a discussions of a modern IndyCar in limbo ("unofficial" version on hold, with official license possible, showing respect to the license holders).

But as we saw today Motorsport Games who still actively holds the license for a 2023 video game, even though their company is barely treading water (NASDAQ has them on watch list for failing requirements, board of directors left, even after 10-for-1 reverse split their shares are back down in the $3 range (after being below $1 for 2-3 months).... their agreement with IndyCar is still active and has now put major restrictions on how iRacing can use their Dallara IR-18 car (can't be used at any track actively on the IndyCar schedule, and all IndyCar logos/references are removed). We don't even know if an IndyCar game will release in 2023... my guess is at most it will be a few special esport events (Virtual Indy 500) hosted in rFactor 2.

My ask is simply that if MSGM goes under (they're heading that way every day), and if Reiza gets a deal with IndyCar, that they don't be greedy and make it 100% exclusive. Competition is a good thing (as we've seen with NFL video games, NHL video games, and many more with exclusive licenses removing competition)... and iRacing and their users aren't 100% competition to other sims (as there's a large group who are unable or unwilling to pay subscription plus content costs).

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Let’s see if the Indy deal with MSG affects the Reiza deal. Could mean it doesn’t happen

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Iracing discords are losing it. Dumb asses are wanting to void all Penske INDYCAR stuff. They should have known this was coming. No longer can anyone broadcast an “INDYCARs after end of year.

My question is, is INDYCAR legally bound to msg or did they reach out to ams2 hoping msg would be defunct by now? You’d think INDYCAR would have put a time frame in the contra to adhere to or have an out to say good bye. I’m no iracing fan boy so seeing people in their lose it shows how sad their life is when it evolves around a game , argggg sim lol

4. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is really dumb for Indy. If the Porsche deal taught us nothing, it is that exclusive deals are terrible for the consumer and fan. The best possible scenario here is that MSG goes bankrupt (good chance of this) and the contract is void.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Yes but wasn’t INDYCAR smart enough to have some out in there? Why would they contact ams2 then, because they thought MSG was going to die soon. ? MSG’s parent company could bail them out (be stupid) Irqcings license expires 12/31/22. And everyone is freaked out , cancelling all leagues because of no broadcast. A broadcast is nice but wtf, we aren’t movie starts being paid to watch us pretend to race. I’d like for the Ams2 ceo to comment on what they’ve heard from INDYCAR. If they’re dead in the water release the likeness of the ir18. You could get some iracers, all ir18 guys are not renewing and being stupid are wanting to boycott rf2 also lol

6. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Indycar probably contacted Reiza for the very same reason Iracing did this announcement. Seems this deal is quite draconian in the exclusivity MSG have with rights of the cars.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Right. I just want to know what’s the deal with ams2’s copy of the ir18. Will it now not see the sun come up or what. If not the rf2 I’ll have to get my ir18 likeness fix there

8. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

It will be like the F-ultimate cars if they don't struck a deal

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

That’s good with me

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is 100% my guess of why they reached out to Reiza... as a backup plan, and nothing more. My hope is if MSGM goes thru and actually releases the 2023 IndyCar game (big doubts they will), then Reiza will move forward with "Modern Formula USA" or whatever.

This is the #1 example. Same with NFL for Madden (RIP NFL 2K). But even EA has recently shown a slight turn, by pushing away FIFA after they made an unrealistic request for raise of fees (now in 2023 it will be "EA FC" with no FIFA license).

• Like Like x 2
  11. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

The market trend of having exclusives can be, and I hope it will be, a boomerang.
    Do you want so much money to get your car into a sim? Forget them.
    In the history of motoring there are so many series from which you can come up with something beautiful and I think, I hope that there are no market trends like those of today in there

Categoria:Serie automobilistiche per vetture monoposto - Wikipedia

• Agree Agree x 1