Track and car recommendation for my noobish friends

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Shodan0000, Dec 24, 2022.

1. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Monza junior and Cordoba No2 (I think the TC one).
    These tracks have a straight, braking into a tightening bend, braking into a sharp corner.
    With cordoba it also has a chicane with a quick left right flick before the run to it.
    I use that track now for testing base setups. Here's a little Classics race I done at that track, just for reference.

2. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I wish the sim racing community embraced the available car variety out there a little bit more, because speed is definitely not an absolute requirement for good racing.

Speaking of challenges and weather, it would be cool to have time trial leaderboards for a couple different weather setups on top of the current default. Maybe one for a cold night and one for a rainy day? Could add rainy nights as well if we really want to go nuts.

Edit: I veered a little bit off topic here. Sorry.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2022
  3. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

From experience with the same thing, Modern Mini Cooper is good. Handles well and front-wheel drive means it won't spin easily.

I'd also give them a blast on an Oval with the Mercedes Sauber C9, racing some average A.i. on an oval is fun for a non sim-racer. Once they get used to it, give them an open wheeler maybe.

Kyalami is a fun track too and I'd recommend thunderstorm weather on Buenos Aires in a fiat Uno to finish lol.

4. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

SuperV8 or Ultima Race at Old Kyalami is always fun - a huge uphill and downhill straight, some lovely fast sweepers and a couple of testing slower corners.

5. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Went with the gt4 Porsche and perhaps it wasn't the best option, because the backside did breakout at times. Track I chose Jerez, I thought it was easy to learn and also nice for quicker cars.

However they had actually the best time in the Porsche GTE on SPA Francorchamps, weirdly. The grip ofcourse very good and they LOVED the sense of speed. The contrast is very nice and it's a well known track, so it's more interesting for them to see how it looks like.

They thought spa was actually not that difficult, although they did mess up a few corners consistently and I gave them cues when to brake.

Ultimately it does not matter so much which is best to learn, but what impresses them the most, for just an afternoon of playing around.

Next time perhaps it is best to play a gt5 car on a simple track after they get some feeling, let them try faster cars on other tracks, which is nice to experience the contrast.

Or maybe next time I just put them in a group c car on Nordschleife and see how they cope :cool:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Start with F-Ultimate at Monaco... no joking. It serves for them to learn how much they are newbies... after that, anything goes.

If they were intended to learn and had more time with the sim, I would recommend to follow some RL patch... as to begin with karts, them go to F-Vee or Mini Challenge and on and on. But it will only be some hours... and if you initiate them with F-U at Monaco, will be easy, aftert hat, to try the GT3 cars, that are a blast with daring newbies in real servers.

In the end, the best combo to display the game is to show something they see and like.

• Like Like x 1