Automobilista v1.3.5 RELEASED, now updated to v1.3.7

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Vaken

Vaken Member AMS2 Club Member

BTW, I've got another freeze issue with this version. At the end of every lap in Time Trial mode (possibly in qualifications too, I'd have to check), when the timer is reset, I have a freeze of about 1s (enough to kill you in Brands Hatch unless you take a "survival" line, for example).
    This happens whether the lap time is better or worse than the previous one or your best one.

I'm pretty sure I had a freeze (possibly smaller) before but only at the end of the first lap in a run.
    My radio and spotter are turned off.

Yesterday evening I used swear words like "asynchronous" and "threads" and the like each time I had to restart the session :oops:

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Rob Nelson

Rob Nelson Member AMS2 Club Member

I have the same problem as Vaken. Some car/track combos are worse than others. Seems like the faster the car, the worse the freeze.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Now that it came to my mind, this freeze is most likely happening because of the setup sharing feature.

Also, it seems that every "out of the garage" best lap's setup goes to sharing, or something like that. I haven't been able to fully understand what is happening, but the #1 laptimes seem to have the standard setup attached to it. Other slower laptimes seems to work fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mat Kane

Mat Kane Member AMS2 Club Member

I noticed something similar - I took a different approach with a setup to find some time to try and beat my own TT lap. I ended up getting nowhere, and set a time about 1.5sec slower than my PB- but the game has uploaded that slower setup to the TT page and linked it to my PB time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Paulo Gomes

Paulo Gomes Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I thought it was dynhud... But I think Heitor is right, I'm getting this crazy freeze in tt too, If I recall it happens when I do a best lap on that stint, what is really annoying, because that new lap is going to the trash.

6. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Build v1.3.51 now up - this is a hotfix to address some issues reported in v1.3.5.

Changelog:
    • Fixed potential crash in Time Trial mode
    • Adjusted Setup files UI to display longer file names
    • Corrected cockpit camera clip planes in latest cars to usual standard to minimize texture flickering
    • Lance R: Corrected vehicle gearbox information
    • ARC Camaro: Fixed engine overheating
    • Superkart: Softened default roll bar settings (reducing chassis stiffness)

We´re looking into the issues reported in TT mode. Another hotfix might follow later this week depending on what we find.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Can you specify which cars? Would like to test this.

Also, do you want other info screen errors than the Lancer? Like Mini showing "V4" engine instead of I-4? I can provide more ;)

Will go look now to see if bonnet view on ARC can still see through to the engine bay because of missing bonnet. This goes unnoticed more easily when the bonnet view cam is so high it's actually a roof cam and you only see the bonnet when you look downward :)

8. Renato Simioni

All cars released since the Montana (Brit Pack, F-Truck etc). This however will not resolve all the issues you´ve reported unfortunately - it would require a bigger adjustment than this which would in turn cause some clipping in cockpit objects for those running triples. We have an idea or a proper all around solution but we´re not there yet.

We´re due to review onboard cameras also to fix some inconsistencies, same with fuel consumption / estimates being off in some cars.. That will be done in time for v1.4.

And yep, welcome to report whatever vehicle info you find incorrect :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Marc Collins

Excellent!!! Thanks.

P.S., DynaHUD editor seems to be not working again with latest release. It is incredibly finicky. Must be very annoying to work with and I am sure you are looking forward to the next title with a proper dynamic HUD built in from the beginning!

10. zAmboni

zAmboni New Member AMS2 Club Member

I was in the TT with the formula vinage '69 at Imola. The first time I went into the TT, the game crashed. The next time I went in, the game crashed when exiting the TT. After that it didn't crash at all (weird).

One thing I noticed with the file sharing feature is that when you click to download a file (within the game), it resets your CURRENT setup back to default. But when you go to the setup screen the it still lists the CURRENT setup as being the last one loaded (not default). This is a problem because if you aren't careful you can try to save the setup you were using and it gets rewritten as the default setup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Frodesa

Frodesa Member AMS2 Club Member

When using autoshift in the minis it doesnt work right. When canging from 1 to 2 gear it will og from 1 to 6 and downshift from 6 to 5 to 4 to 3 to 2 instead of going from 1 to 2. Its the same in the Beta Version.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Seems every time I launch the config tool it switches AA off, sweetfx is disabled and I run 8xAA, I have to close the config tool and restart it and select resolution and AA again?

Anyone else having issues?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

I run with SweetFX disabled and AA at 4x. Nothing from AMD drivers. Since last update AA doesn't work for me anymore. It doesn't matter if I save Config Tool twice to make sure 4x is selected, or manually enable 4x on Config.ini file. No AA at all, which I don't mind that much as I don't have a lot of resources in my laptop.

14. Renato Simioni

Build v1.3.7 is now up:
    • Added support for auto-rotation with Fanatec CSL-E, Fanatec LEDs native support & a command mapping option to toggle LED to display Gear, Speed or Off
    • Fixed logic exporting Setups in Time Trial mode which could allow setup from a slower lap time replacing one from a previous faster lap
    • Adjusted qualifying lap limit (20 laps for most series, 12 for modern formula series)
    • DynHUD: set trackmap in Original / Telemetry overlays to fixed (can be be switched back to rotating via DynHUD Editor); added missing race widgets to Telemetry overlay
    • Adjusted AI performance in various kart tracks
    • Karts: Revised tire model, adjusted weight distribution in all karts; Adjusted default steering lock. Adjusted AI performance
    • Boxer: Fixed brakelight graphical glitch
    • F-V12: Fixed LCD display rev range
    • F-Trainer: Minor tire model adjustments; fixed differential settings mistakenly left adjustable
    • Mini: Corrected engine description
    • Caterham: Corrected 360R gearbox as H Shifter
    Please make sure your Fanatec firmware is up to date for this release.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  15. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

16. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

How do I set track map back to rotate like it was before? I tried using the DynHud.exe but it doesn't work.

17. Marc Collins

dynhud_editor.exe in the editor folder.

Then find the right overlay that you are using.

Then edit the map widget (click on it and see the options in the panel on the right). Not too hard to figure-out, but not simple, either.

18. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I had found dynhud_editor.exe before posting but it didn't work, I figured out I had to update Java, restart my PC, then it worked, but it's kind of tricky figuring out how to change stuff since the readme file doesn't have much info.

19. Carlos Carvalho

Carlos Carvalho New Member

Unfortunately DynHUD still has that bug when someone leaves the server

20. Renato Simioni

Instructions are as in that link, however you need to restart Steam to have the previous branch to show up.

For those who may prefer the rotating DynHUD track map rather than the fixed one included in this update, here´s the previous version of the Original overlay - just unzip it to your AMS install folder.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1