2023 Spring Cleaning list

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dylan Hale, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This exists to hopefully provide the Reiza Studio Dev team with a list of the smaller legacy bugs that hopefully will be an easy fix, as well as some creative content ideas to maximize what is already in the game. Hopefully, some of these can get knocked out in the next update or 2.

This is NOT including the glitches of the lastest content. (As I'm sure the Reiza is already hard at work fixing these things...)

Features

-Pit Road Speed Limit Setting for Custom Championship

-Motorsport presets in the Custom Championship.

-Custom Scoring for Custom Championship, (Including the ability to blend 2 classes so they’re counted as one class in a championship, gt3+gt open as a example)

-Stop Autoclub from DQ’ing player on pace lap.

-Can we get Historic Tracks by decade in the Menus?

-Art pass for Historic Track to bring the older tracks to the level of 1970’s Spa and the Historic Track Pack Tracks? (Bigger crowds, animated marshals and animals, so on.)

-Flag Waving Marshals for city tracks, and ovals (Where they are most needed when racing without a hud.)

-Free Cam for replays (PLEASE, I BEG OF YOU! THINK OF THE FREE ADVERTISEMENT!)

-Button to make the driver figure hold up fist (as a celebration or out of frustration)

AI

-Indy Road Course AI, Mainly the 2nd chicane on the first lap. Turns 5 and 6

-Indy Oval. (Reasons show in Austin Ogonoski and Empty Box’s videos) Currently indy has the worst of all the oval AI, with the AI making poor moves getting stuck side by side and clumping into unpassable packs.

-Hockenheim, All Vintage layouts.- AI attempts to snap back to the racing line entering chicanes, constantly causing crashes, and or ramming the AI or player off the road.

-Imola 70- AI is just a little slow and clumsy. Likes to clatter tall curves and crash. Snaps to racing line in some areas. Just needs some touch up.

Rio Oval 2005- Invisible wall on the back stretch must be sticking out 1mm on the back stretch because sometimes AI go flying as they hit a invisible wall with a tire at 220 MPH

Kansai (Suzuka)- AI dive bombs the first turn, going 2-3 car lengths into the grass on the first lap.

Silverstone 70- Back half of the AI field stall on the line. Would be a cool thing to have happen randomly, but it’s basically 18th place back, every single time

Content Ideas

-Mclaren F1 LM (GT Open) The Mclaren F1 went from being one of the worst to drive cars on the old physics to being one of the best IMO, and I would love to drive it more. Could we get a GT Open BOP-ed version? This would also give GT Open a stick shift option, which I very much want!

-Hypercar race. While screwing around with the Supercars DLC, it dawned on me that AMS 2 has a unique opportunity to show the world what the hypercar class could have been had it stayed based upon the road cars. (Or what is now SRO GT1) So could we get a class, giving the Current Hypercar class proper slicks, and racing liveries? We could call it Hypercar club, or Hypercar Race and would be a much needed boost to AMS 2’s least compelling and honestly, worst value DLC.

(Having done some tests, when the Hypercars aren't slamming into the back of the slower GT3 cars, they fit right in between the DPI and the GT3 class, running 10 secs a lap slower than the DPI and 10 seconds a lap or more faster than the GT3 depending on straights. This would be a massive boost to that DLC IMO as right now, I wouldn’t own it without the season pass...)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. donaldd

donaldd BANNED BANNED

Not a bad idea - hehe eventhough I personally dont care about anything else than formula cars:eek:

3. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Enable multi class scoring in custom championship.

4. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thats not the emote we want

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Gotta stay rated E