Reiza Thrustmaster recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dmand, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

In the ffb guide from Reiza, they have a bunch of recommended settings for many wheel bases accept for Thrustmaster.

For the life of me, using default or default + feels soooooo bad on a T300. If it was not for custom ffb, i would not be able to enjoy this so much.

Please Reiza, post some recommended settings for a t300, I would love to feel the game they way you meant us to feel it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If the defaults feel bad, then the recommendation is "use custom FFB". Nothing is going to greatly improve just with the four in-game sliders. They're not magical.

3. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Turn up all the built in wheel strength and the lower the in game FFB to about 25%. Took AMS2 from a 8/10 to a 10/10

4. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What is the issue you have with the FFB exactly? I have the same wheel and the only games I would say feel a little bit better are RF2 and AC and by the slightest of margins.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I got a thrustmaster tx...

Im struggling too, using the suggested settings since update 1.4 with default ffb I've lost alot of tire detail, grip build up just gets heavier as the tire heats, when the tire starts to slip I can't feel the build up to the peak limit...it's like a light switch on/off.
    Very little load under braking and minimal chassis feedback.

Prior to update 1.4, I believe 1.39 when they started implementing the physics to a few cars, it was feeling pretty good and I could feel the effects I mentioned above that I don't know?

Many of the cars feel like I'm driving a trike (3 wheels) bumps are coming from the center of the wheel, very disconnected making the ffb effects feel a bit canned and slightly delayed.
    Similar to before they stiffened the tire carcass.

All drivers updated, deleted custom ffb file, profile, verified steam files, recalibrated wheel/pedals, reset setups every time I load a car.

In-game settings:
    900 degree rotation
    Use authentic aids
    Damage, tire, fuel etc all on
    FFB. 60/10/50/40

TM profile
    75/100/100/100

Edit: for a while I was using the rfuktor file and the tire detail was fantastic, I recently installed it again after encountering issues with the default ffb and it's now lacking tire detail too, not sure what's going on?

Thinking it's gonna be a full game reinstall

Last edited: Jan 4, 2023
  6. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

I have been LOVING the DanialKart files. V46 is soooo good, brings out much of the detail that is missing form the default profiles

You can also try turning the Damping to 0 in TM control panel

Last edited: Jan 4, 2023
  7. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree while I don't know about non-default TMCP.

Maybe you need a reinstall but I don't know... if your TX had a fantastic feel before, it's hard to believe Reiza ruined FFB even for Customs.

Before reinstall game I would suggest:
    1. Change FFB to default and close game;
    2. Reboot PC;
    3. Delete "ffb_custom_settings.txt"
    4. Run AMS2 just to see it is again close to normal FFB
    5. Reinstal Custom FFB

Hope this will solve.
    And please take a look at my sig for FFB config.

PS: And of course, verify installed files