Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

No you don't :p i haven't changed that (or can't remember if so; nothing logged here) and tbh. i'm inclined to raise keeping "Weight Jacker" also for the german version because the current german translation is goofy and misleading.

2. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Don’t know if previously reported but at Imola racing Mcclaren GT3 in heavy cloud the track is completely dry as it should be but there is constant spray and rainfall. Tried on 1st may and 1st September

regards

3. _ShadowWolfe

_ShadowWolfe Member

Exact game version is 1.4.5.2.2245.AVX
    Track & Layout Used: Buenos Aires Circuito No.6 S (but seems to be any track)
    Car Used: Formula Reiza
    Applicable Settings: N/A
    Report: Tyres aren't properly colored based on compound. All tyres have the "Medium"/Yellow band, quite jarring when on Inters, Wets, and Extreme Wets.
    Steps to reproduce: Load the F-RZA on any track, switch through the various tyre compounds (Soft to Extreme Wets), and all tyres should show up with the yellow band.

4. Iuri

Iuri New Member

Same problem to me. Anyone have found the solution to this issue? I use the same wheel (microsoft sidewinder wheel ffb).

5. _ShadowWolfe

_ShadowWolfe Member

General bug seems to be the Drone Camera running into invisible objects when attempting to move forward, downhill at Bathurst's Skyline corner (turn 11-13).

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Exact game version is 1.4.5.2.2245.AVX
    Track & Layout Used: Jacaperagua 2012 GP (probably any track)
    Car Used: Brabham BT62
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer replay
    Report: Wrong car in replay selection screen
    Steps to reproduce: Save multiplayer replay and when you go to watch it some time later, on the replay selection screen the car is shown as Corvette GTP.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Spa 2022 layout
    Custom championship
    Date 27/10/2019
    Real time
    Real weather
    Live track default progressing

Track is going from dry to wet far too quick in the practice session , after about 10 minutes it starts lightly raining and within 3 turns it’s far too wet for slicks . This is killing using weather for me which is one of the things I think ACC gets spot on.

8. ohmotorsport

ohmotorsport New Member

Track & Layout Used: Snetterton (all layouts)
    Car Used: Formula Ultimate Gen 2 (Happens on all cars I believe)
    Applicable Settings: None
    Report: Snetterton circuit does not load in, leaving only the car in a white void with small bits of grass floating around.
    Steps to reproduce: Load any layout of Snetterton, I used Formula Ultimate Gen 2 but I believe it happens with most or all cars.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. jeanvendors

jeanvendors Active Member

1.4.5.2.2245.AVX
    Track&Layout: Imola Historic 2001
    Car: Porsche 911 GT1-98 (have reproduced this with other GT1s and other car classes)
    Applicable Settings: none
    Report: Track wetness is stuck on “snow” even though the weather is set to clear and live track is set to “default progressing”. This is true for practice, qualifying, and race sessions.
    Steps to reproduce: Enter a single race at Imola Historic 2001 with any weather type. I initially noticed this with GT1s but it’s still the case after trying with Formula V10 Gen 2.

10. _ShadowWolfe

_ShadowWolfe Member

HUD related bug with OculusVR, version 1.4.5.2.

Overall, the HUD editing for VR is quite annoying. At 1.0x render resolution on Oculus software, the HUD appears overblown ever so slightly on the monitor, and the mouse can click on only certain parts of the HUD to adjust them. It's borderline impossible to edit the HUD to get elements on-screen for the monitor, as they only get edited for VR. Attached is a photo that shows how the HUD elements appear on-screen, when playing in VR. When playing in Desktop mode, the HUD appears normally.

Hopefully we can have a way to adjust the desktop HUD when in VR, as opposed to just the in-headset/VR HUD? Seems like it could be an issue with the Oculus resolution taking control of the HUD's monitor scale for some reason.

Attached Files:

11. RaxusPrime

RaxusPrime New Member

Version: 1.4.5.2
    Track & Layout Used: Nürburgring 2020 and Jerez 1988 (potentially at every track)
    Car Used: Any Formula Classic Gen 3
    Applicable Settings: N/A
    Report: The McLaren MP4/5B does not render its rear wing when in the distance, with the wing only showing up when the player is close to it. It does not happen with the other cars from the same class.
    Steps to reproduce: Start a session.

[​IMG]

12. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Version: 1.4.5.2 or current release candidate..
    Track & Layout Used: Adelaide 1988 and Montreal Historic (various other tracks suffer from the same issue)
    Car Used: Any Formula car type car...
    Applicable Settings: Normal AI values and special AI values that increased overtakes on other tracks, namely extremely low defending, extremely low forced mistakes, blue flags at 1.0 and middling aggression...
    Report: Even with a skill differential of 0.95 between cars it takes laps for a car to get past the slower car... And when they try to overtake they usually bump into one another before trying to back out of the move and then the other car lets them through...
    Steps to reproduce: Run with the AI in any formula car at Adelaide 1988, Montreal Historic and various other tracks which do not have a wide enough path for the AI...

[​IMG]

My observations are that the AI path is not wide enough at certain tracks, and too wide an Indy hence the 3 wide scenarios which just do not happen in real life...

The special AI settings helped at Spa 1991 before the latest AI updates where they were able to overtake even around the outside of various corners and usually did not spend a lap behind the slower cars... With 'normal' AI settings they were still following each other for far too long...

So there's 2 things at work here... One is the AI paths aren't wide enough at certain tracks, the other is that the forced mistakes and defending skills are too high as a base for any formula car leading to what is now termed as DRS trains...

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

I don't know if this belongs in this thread or if it's already known. The Mc Laren Senna is almost undriveable. Extreme steering anomalies as if all the weight is on the front axle, perhaps caused by the suspension. In addition, immediate slipping in every situation

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Track & Layout Used: Any and all tracks
    Car Used: Formula Vintage Gen 2
    Applicable Settings: standard race and AI settings
    Report: AI cars are extremely low to the ground, especially in the, Lotus, Brabham and i believe the Model 1.
    Steps to reproduce: Start any race with the AI in the F-Vintage Gen 2
    20230103131151_1.jpg

Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

same race settings in custom championship but not using real weather , instead using weather slots and the track gets wet slower as you would expect with light rain and feels spot on grip wise on slicks with it getting snappier on both braking and acceleration as expected.
    Instead of 3 corners and then undrivable it’s more like 2 laps.
    It seems it’s Real weather in custom championship that’s playing havoc with the live track.

16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The new Nissan GT3 redline on the dash is at around 6000rpm but on the HUD it shows as 7000rpm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. HondaJim

HondaJim New Member

Track & Layout Used: So far tried Jerez and Spa
    Car Used: Formula Classic Gen 4
    Applicable Settings: Race attempting custom start at 6th place
    Report: Different cars in class produce different starting position, not always the requested position.
    Steps to reproduce: Setup race and custom start position at 6th. Try different cars in Classic Gen 4 class. Mac starts at back.

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

It's not in the undriveable category, but does have the issues you describe to an extent that needs fixing.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

sory, maybe that was said a little too harshly, but compared to the other fantastic cars it's still not good for me. It's not a criticism of Reiza, just my personal feeling for this car

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Ovals
    Car Used: Formula USA
    Applicable Settings: AI agression high, 95% strength
    Report: AI cars seem to no longer be effected by dirty air, and no longer willing to attempt overtakes, allowing them to sit in a single file line nose to tail. Even when you attempt to ram a car out of line, the cars behind slow down, and allow the car in front to slide in front.
    Steps to reproduce:
    Autoclub seems to be the worst effected due to the type of racing. Although I've seen this at Gateway, IMS and Autoclub

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1