Automobilista Time Trial Challenge - Season Completed!

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

STEAM.png

Now it´s for real - Automobilista Time Trial Challenge starts next week. This is your chance to win an official Stock Car Racing Seat from Cockpit Extreme Racing!

Over the next 12 weeks starting April 17th up until July 9th a new round will start featuring an unique car / track combo. Contestants should select that combo in Time Trial mode at any point during the week to register a time, which will be ranked against the best from the other participants. Current standings will be available both from the in-game timing screen as well as from the VX portal TTotW page. Each round will only be announced on the Friday preceding it.

Scoring will be calculated by both participation and results - every contestant gets 100 points for participating in each round, plus result points inversely proportional to the number of participants - if for example a contestant wins in one round featuring 250 contestants in total, he gets 350 points (100 for participation + 250 for total contestant); 2nd place gets 349 points, and so on all the way to 250th place who gets 101 points that week. Whoever has the most points accumulated over the 12 rounds wins the Time Trial Challenge!

However, not only the fastest will have the chance to win - there will be a second Stock Car Racing Seat awarded by drawing amongst all participants. To get a ticket in the draw, all you need to do is register a lap within 107% of the best time set that week in any of the 12 rounds. You can accumulate up to 12 tickets in the draw for every round you participate with a valid lap - the more rounds you take part in, the better your chances!

The combo for the first round will be announced tomorrow - keep in mind however only laps scored from April 17th 0:00 GMT to April 23th 23:59 GMT will be valid for this 1st round of the Time Trial Challenge - laps posted outside that schedule will count only for the regular leaderboards . The same will apply to every subsequent round.

Good luck everyone! If you have any questions feel free to ask here :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 12
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ladose

ladose New Member

Hi, is registration on this portal mandatory?
    "VX portal TotW page"
    Thank you

3. davidantx

davidantx Member AMS2 Club Member

Great!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Renato Simioni

Nope, that´s an option for you to log into VX with your Steam ID, and customize your profile. The results exported from the game will already be linked to your Steam ID. It´s strongly recommended you do fulfill your profile details in VX however.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Renato Simioni

AMS 2017-04-14 14-37-32-70.jpg
    Next Sunday the Stock Car V8 series will be at Velopark for the second round of the 2017 season, so that´s where we go for the first round of the AMS Time Trial Challenge!

To participate in this first round, select one of the StockV8s and Velopark in Time Trial mode to set your time - you may then attempt to improve it at will over the course of the week, and it will be automatically exported to both regular leaderboard and the TT Challenge board. Only laps scored from April 17th 0:00 GMT to April 23th 23:59 GMT will count for this 1st round of the Time Trial Challenge - laps posted outside that schedule will count only for the regular leaderboard.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  6. Clayton Wylie

Clayton Wylie digitalracer

Any corner cutting rules?

7. Schlitty

Schlitty Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Gonna be fun pushing to get to that 107% mark at least one of the weeks for me so there's a "what if" chance to win something. But as an outsider I'm gonna have great fun watching the top guys battle it out too. Good luck to all!

8. Nobkins

Nobkins Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a way to tell if you are within the 107% on the vx portal or in game?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hotlap Masochist

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

As far as I know there isn't. But you can quickly check by multiplying the laptime in seconds by 1.07.

You are one of them, my friend.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Renato Simioni

Track limits are controlled by the sim - whatever it allows, is valid.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Josema

Josema New Member

Hola, me gustaría participar pero no se donde, una ayuda lo agradecería, un saludo

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Great concept and execution.

A quick question--when there is no link to download a set-up from the portal, does that mean the stock set-up was used or is there an option somewhere to not share your set-up?

14. Ethan Dean

It means the user has disabled sharing setups. You do this by right-clicking Automobilista in the Steam list of games, Properties, Updates, then uncheck Steam Cloud syncronization.

15. Marc Collins

Thanks. Interesting. I won't be doing that, because I never have set-ups that are so exciting. But out of curiosity, what else gets disabled if you do that? It won't tell you the time trial record when you load a track...anything else we would notice?

16. Ethan Dean

Strange, mine still shows the time trial record. Nothing else appears to be disabled

17. taris

taris Member

:eek: Why would anyone do that? :(

18. Marc Collins

By the way, are the real Stock Cars that skittish and unable to handle even flat curbs or turning and accelerating even gently at the same time? ;) I have mostly ignored these cars so far, but thought it would be fun to join the contest. Wow, I can barely drive these things! The times suggest others are not having any problems!!

19. Ethan Dean

Because having people piggyback off your hard work sucks. I am all for sharing my setups at other times to aid learning and help people out, and I will bend over backwards to help anyone who has any question or need for advice at all, but this is a competitive setting for a very real prize, and I can't be putting this much work in only for my competitors to be able to waltz in and take it.

Still, there are a few days left - c'mon Graham, let's make this an all-British podium!

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Schlitty

Schlitty Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That makes sense. I imagine up at the top there's far less wiggle room as to what people are doing differently so every little bit counts.

I find my slow style hasn't matched up with any setup I've 'fetched' so far. Which is probably why I'm nowhere near the top! Haha. But I'm also okay with it as I like building a setup nowadays. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm just aiming for the 107% but I enjoy keeping track of you fellas competing too.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017