Block share setup in TT mode

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Antonio Castagna, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Antonio Castagna

Antonio Castagna Active Member

After the last update, someone say how can i block share my setup in TT mode ?
    Thx ;)

2. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Disable Steam Cloud syncronization. (Rightclick on Automobilista in Steam -> Properties -> Updates)

But i hope that not many are doing this. This TT setup sharing is a great community feature. The fastest guys will still be fast, even with default setup.

3. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Or at least block it just for the challenge which is totally understandable. Other than that, I completely agree with ernie, its a great community feature

4. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not sure if this works. The missing setups on the TTOTW doesn't seem to not be there because of that configuration. My setup is not showing, but I didn't change anything. And it was showing with my previous slower time. Also, pretty much all the missing setups can be shown if you go to the All Time Best page.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Antonio Castagna

Antonio Castagna Active Member

Ok, thx at all ;)

6. Daniel Shinji

Daniel Shinji New Member

Did not work for me =/

7. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hotlap Masochist

I wholeheartedly agree that sharing setups should be optional.

I absolutely love that my setup has helped those lower in the ranks find some speed, and move up a few spots. Maybe it taught them a thing or two about settings the car reacts well to, so that they can experiment with their own setups. I love that, bring me all of that; I will bend over backwards to help people find speed, set up their cars, and have fun - seriously, my PM box is open.

However, setup-sharing becomes an issue when it's a competitive setting for a very real prize. I have spent years learning how to set up racecars of all types, and have put a lot of effort and research into it. I spent a decent amount of time at the start of the week extracting every drop of speed that a setup can possibly give. I was successful, and ended up gaining two tenths on the rest of the field - this is an advantage that I earned through hard work.

The issue is not that I was beaten; this is a competition, and I can't blame a guy for doing everything to win. The issue is me utilizing my knowledge and skills to create one cracking racecar, and reaping the rewards of my hard work, only for someone else to be able to have the same opportunity without putting that effort in. In his own words, he didn't care to learn how to set up a racecar and just wanted to hop in and drive. That is not fair, and it really stings. Call me crazy, but I believe that if you want something, you should put in the work to get it. I did.

I propose that setup-sharing should be made optional for at least TTOTW competition, if not everywhere. You deserve to have the choice of if and when to release your hard work for people to use.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1