Automobilista 2 Beta -The F1 Car with the BEST Engine SOUND! Let's test it in an AI race at Montreal

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Ralonso, Jan 12, 2023.

1. Ralonso

Ralonso Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello Simracers!
    ;-)

I have coincidentally discovered the Formula Gen 3 Model 2 car (from the year 1991) lately as one of the best if not the best sounding F1 car ever heared in a Sim!

Let's listen to it in an AI race at Montreal 1988!

Which is YOUR favourite car in terms of engine sound?

Tell me down below!

From Ralonso

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brain Garnish

Brain Garnish New Member

I think that after the update gen 3 is based on the 1990 season, with now gen 4 being 1991.

3. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

If that is indeed the case, the gen 3 cars needs some 1989-90-looking car models. The MP4/5B looks out of place amongst fully 1991–looking cars, with their more advanced front-end aerodynamics.

They should make generic 1989-90 models, perhaps based on:
    V8: Tyrrell 018.
    V10: Williams FW12.
    V12: Larrousse LC89.

That brings me onto another point. All the Formula named classes(Vintage, Retro, Classic, V12, V10 and V10 G2) should have an abbreviated year suffix to them (Formula Classic ‘90, aka FC90 in this case, for example), instead of gen numbers, for more instant recognisability.

So, for example:
    Formula Retro gen1 (FRG1) becomes: Formula Retro ‘75 (FR75).
    Formula Classic gen1 (FCG1) becomes: Formula Classic ‘86 (FC86).
    Formula Classic gen2 (FCG2) becomes: Formula Classic ‘88.(FC88).

You instantly know where you are, when you have year numbers instead of initially-confusing gen numbers. I guess the same could be also done with Formula USA cars, to just a ‘95, ‘98 & ‘2000 on the end.

@Renato Simioni :)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Brain Garnish

Brain Garnish New Member

The Gen 3 Classics have a different set of generic cars. Most of the models were ripped out of Gen 2 (1988) but they did make one new model based on the Williams FW13 from 1990.

5. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We did this discussion already

Not for me the more general name makes it possible to use a car for several years and therefore for several liveries without breaking the immersion too much
    I prefer the opportunity to be able to change the relationship between the different models in a class so that we can omit certain models and supplement this by using more of a different model. Then they are even easier to use for several years