Setups invisible, ghosts disabled

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by herakles, Jan 1, 2023.

1. herakles

herakles Member

Hello!

a) Then I don't get it, why on some times of other drivers, you can select them as ghost, but the setup the won't be available once on track. The button for downloading the setup just is not visible, although this was "announced" prior to going to the track when selecting ghosts.

b) Then I can see a driver having driven crazy times on Hockenheim Histoic 1988 and Hockenheim Hostoric1977 on the new Lotus 98T. Apart from the fact that the times set seem totally out of this universe, you can neither select this driver as ghost, nor check his setup (same error for me as descibed above in "a"). Is this correct and how can he disable being visible as ghost (driver name: "Bruno Boe")? Again: I wouldn't want to do so, but I am curious, how this works (sadly, there is no manual for Automobilista 2 available).

Thanks for any hint in advance,
    Herakles

2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Hint: What you call "crazy times" is just a LEGAL example of how fast you can drive a lap if you practice enough.

ByTheWay: And know how to create a custom setup.:whistle:

3. herakles

herakles Member

hey bruno!

my deepest respect! but why may we not watch you riding against us as ghost? (and how can this be disabled?)

all the best,
    herakles

4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Thank you.
    I have had this discussion a lot of times before in this forum.
    I would gladly admit people to load my ghosts to check out if they are able to follow my (sometimes) special lines.
    But will not allow people who dont bother themselves to use their ohh so precious time on setups to "steal" mine.
    This forcing to share setups is 100% a lousy gaming thing in AMS2/PCars (IMO).

ByTheWay: BrunobĀ“s New Approach To Racing Setup
    BrunobĀ“s New Approach To Racing Setup - N2K3-Setups

5. herakles

herakles Member

And again my question: why are some setups download-able and some not? Is there a way to set this up? I wouldn't want to, I'm just curious.

In addition: how is it possible to disable ghosts? Again: I wouldn't want to (why should I?) but how is this possible?

Thanks,
    Herakles

6. herakles

herakles Member

heyyyy, I just learned something!

you can only download the setups, if you use the same car, not just the same class of cars. but only if there's the sign for downloading the setup.

ok. but still there is the question, how to disable setups and ghosts to be present to other racers.

7. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Afaik he and others do this by disconnecting after setting their laptimes. It's a known bug.

• Informative Informative x 1