1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 - User Livery Overrides

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Rob Thompson, Dec 31, 2020.

1. MajkiMajk

MajkiMajk Active Member

Hi,
    I have a question about the Sauber c9 windscreen banner. How to set up a banner. I save it as BC1(no alpha), and the windows are foggy on the inside. I also saved the main livery as BC1; I also tried BC2, BC3 and BC7.

2. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

There are many beautiful liveries for Group C at RD (Porsche and Sauber). But only useful on road tracks, they do not fit the long tail models.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

The Nissan R89C default liveries really arent the most inspired, they kindda look like they were made in a hurry.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

The template of the Nissan is already here for download. I'm pretty sure that some painters will come up with nice liveries quite soon.

5. Turbo Granny

The last time I checked it wasnt there yet, hopefully the template allows to somehow make a skin that fits both high and lowdownforce variants. If not its kindda useless... well, not useless, but rather frustating.

6. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Yeah, different models for different kind of tracks might be welcomed by many simracers, but it turns into a nightmare for painters if they gotta paint seperate liveries for every model.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
  7. Turbo Granny

Still I would happily adapt liveries for the low downforce variant if we atleast had the option to do it, it seems the game is abble to do it since the default skins for the 962C are perfectly adapted between the 2 variants and the 2 templates are totally different.

8. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

i vote for detached versions.
    free selectable.
    I'm sure there are tracks where both variants feel good.

9. Turbo Granny

It's not a bad tought also, even if I like the way it is now as a idea, its just not well implemented on the liveries side... Also detached versions would increase the problem of the 40 liveries limit per class.

10. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Reiza has to fix the Nissan longtail version before I'll release anything... Livery overrides and custom AI do not work for it...

I think I'm at 18 out of 36 liveries... So halfway there, but most of them are the annoying Sauber and Porsche's with their need for 2 liveries per car... Which as I've worked with the CART cars won't be that much of an issue, they'll just take longer...

I've got a working AI file for Spa 1993, but I'd like to have some basic track specifics for the other tracks on the 1989 calendar before I release an early BETA of it...

So no ETA at this time... But as soon as the Nissan is fixed, maybe give me a week and I'll put something out with basic skins for the Porsche Saubers and the actual Porsches...

• Like Like x 2
  11. Scar666

The Vette and Nissan are pretty good in this regard...

Gonna have to make 2 versions for the other 2 regarless so there's going to be a need for grid changer to get updated or Reiza to make our lives easier...

Due to the Nissan's current bug with it's Longtail, I'm wondering if Reiza is already trying to set up a different xml entry for LD versions of the skins like the helmets...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Scar666

BC3 with alpha...

There's a square in the bottom left of the template which plays a role somewhere else on the car and is left blank on the template... This maybe the cause of the issue when you saved as BC3 in the past..

13. Turbo Granny

Here is hope for that... the way it is now feels half done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Chris Buescher and Chase Briscoe
    More progress with the Brazil Stock Cars 21 - Modern Nascar Liveries.
    One more car to finish and then it will be another number update.
    154651.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  15. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Excellent work, it looks like it. Maybe that will give Reiza the idea to bring some Nascar. I was very surprised to see Harvick's car: I was expecting a Busch or Jimmy Johns decoration which are more regularly used.

16. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Thank you !

To be completely honest here, i didn't do Harvick's 2022 "Busch" livery because it looks way too difficult right now and it would take far too long for me to make it look properly, and rather than have it delay the whole pack, i made one of his other liveries that was much easier (albeit still difficult).

Eventually once i finish the pack i will re-visit Harvick and attempt either his Busch livery while keeping the Subway as optional, or the Jimmy John's.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
  17. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

It's noted but don't worry, the Subway livery is very successful.
    Black and white Jimmy Johns with Freaky Fast on the side is the one that comes to mind when talking about Harcick but maybe that's just me lol

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
  18. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Puuuh, on Racedepartment, people do not stop complaining about the missing drivers in F_Classic when using custom liveries. Obviously, not many players find their way to Reiza's forum.

19. Scar666

Even a fair chunk of those that do don't read anything and report it as not a known issue...

Just bad timing for Reiza to release a buggy release before going on holidays...

20. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

But it was already explained in all the relevant threads at RD that it is a Reiza bug. Instead of reading the message, the next guy shoes up to complain, although the explanation is just above his posting.

• Agree Agree x 1