Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: JACAREPAGUA SHORT
    Car Used: Copa Montana
    Applicable Settings: Time Trial Of The Week
    Report: Nasty kerb behaviour quickly spinning the car. Seems the nose got caught on something in the track mesh.

2. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Race against AI:
    Although I set "repair damage" to "off" in my pit strategy settings AND the ICM, the game often does a repair without being asked for and it can cost you precious time in a close race.

3. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not seeing WWT in my tracklist, I have to use the USA filter to see it.

4. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Indianapolis Oval:

After FCY, there is still debris on the track. AI can drive through it like ghosts, while player can not.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
  5. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Version: 1.4.5.2
    Track & Layout Used: Kansai Classic
    Car Used: Mercedes CLK GT1
    Applicable Settings: Test Day, real weather 24/8/97, but I'm unsure if anything more matters as its something to do with set up...
    Report: The set up keeps resetting to a setting that isn't default and with only 3 laps of fuel when I change settings and return to the set up screens it goes back to this odd set up which is close to defaults with slight changes... I have deleted all set ups and it still continues to happen... I was testing with the McLaren GT1 for a while beforehand with no issues with the exact same game/session settings...
    Steps to reproduce: Take the Mercedes GT1 to Kansai Classic and see if it changes to a different set up after the set up has been changed to defaults...

I'm currently doing a steam verification...

EDIT: 9 files failed to verify and when I went back on track there was a set up in the list with no "*" I tried to delete it and it CTD'd...

EDIT 2: So the fix was to reset to defaults, create a new set up and save it... Then the weird set up disappeared...

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
  6. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Track & Layout Used: Any / all tracks
    Car Used: NISSAN R390 GT1
    Applicable Settings: Nothing specific
    Report: At a small distance away the car just disappears.
    Steps to reproduce: Have someone else drive a Nissan R390 GT1 and watch them on a long straight drive away. After a small distance away from you, you will only see tires and a little further away the car will disappear completely.
    48563034_1.jpg

Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Track & Layout Used: Tried at Road America, Jacarepaguá 2005, Interlagos GP
    Car Used: Ginetta G58 and Nissan GTR GT3
    Applicable Settings: Choose any Endurance Brasil preset
    Report: All AI is composed of GT3 and GT4 only.
    Steps to reproduce: Select Endurance Brazil 2019 or 2020-2022 and all AI will be GT3 and GT4, no custom skins used in any of the cars.

8. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Imola Historic
    Car Used: any
    Applicable Settings: any
    Report: track bound leaked.
    Steps to reproduce: refer vids

9. ChrisOuellet

ChrisOuellet New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Laguna Seca, but should work on any track.
    Car Used: DPi, in a DPi/GTE Multiclass, should work with any car.
    Applicable Settings: MP lobby with FCY. Can provide the full lobby settings if need be. Long race, so pitstops were needed for fuel, although not mandatory.
    Report: FCY occured. Theo was P1, 20s in front of Chris who was P2. Theo decided to pit for a very light amount of fuel, right after the FCY was brought up. Leader "role" with speed limit switched to Chris. Theo exited the pits before Chris caught up. Theo still remained P1 and had the posted speed limit, but Chris remained under the leader displayed speed limit, which was lower than the rest of the pack. So now, Theo and Chris are 5 seconds apart, each effectively acting as "leader" with a posted speed limit. Chris gets the green light coming out of the last corner, since Theo crossed the line, alone, 5s ahead. This tells me that Theo was effectively the leader who caused the green flag, so Chris basically had a stuck speed limit that should have went away.
    Steps to reproduce: Under FCY, leave a good gap between P1 and P2, have the leader enter the pits on an empty strategy to do a really quick stop, and come out ahead of P2.

10. MadMax1998

MadMax1998 New Member

Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: Formula Classic (all gens)
    Applicable Settings: .xml file in Custom Overrides (does not need to have texture data in it)
    Report: Driver models turn invisible as soon as an override file is found for these cars.
    Steps to reproduce: Make a formula_classic_gXmX.xml file inside Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries\Overrides and fill it with at least one LIVERY_OVERRIDE block. No texture needs to be provided. Result: the car will look blank (expected), but the driver model will be missing (unexpected). This makes any overrides for the F-Classic cars unusuable if you want to see the drivers.

11. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: Porsche GTE
    Applicable Settings: not relevant
    Report: The car gets huge lock ups and destroys front tyres very quickly
    Steps to reproduce: Just drive the car

I have ca 100 hours on this car over the last 12 months and with the latest patch the car started having huge lockups and destroying tyres in just one lap.

12. Dolph

Track & Layout Used: VIR full
    Car Used: P4 MCR S2000
    Applicable Settings: online
    Report: If you spectate another players car you can't hear their engine noise, just gear change sound
    Steps to reproduce: Create online session, friend joins. Instead of going on track, look at how they drive onboard and you will just hear gear change sound.

13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

There was no change to GTEs. I also just drove a longer race in the Porsche RSR GTE at Imola and noticed nothing out of line. I tend to use more rearwards brake bias at the start of stints for it though.

14. Dolph

I've been running thiis car two times per week for the whole of 2022. Smth definitely is different.

A friend of mine running a totally different system (computer, wheel) than myself also started getting the lockups and flatspots, so its not down to just me.

If the car was not changed, then maybe smth in general physics was changed.

The car used to snag a tyre easily before as well - I would drive often with a puff of smoke from the lock up, but now the lock up continues and the tyre just does not let go - it keeps the lock up and the tyre gets destroyed.

15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

We'll recheck but i have the logs in front of me already and there was nothing that could cause a change of that kind for GTEs.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Scar666

Track & Layout Used: Hockenheim 2001 maybe at other tracks.
    Car Used: Nissan r390 GT1
    Applicable Settings: none.
    Report: The wipers will not turn on...
    Steps to reproduce: Select the Nissan GT1 and go to Hockenheim 2001 and try the wipers...

17. Dolph

Here you have also someone describing the same issue with Mercedes GT3:

Mercedes AMG GT3 :: Automobilista 2 General Discussions

18. Scar666

Car Used: Porsche 962c
    Applicable Settings: Chrome base livery option
    Report: Spec and Fresnel files aren't picked up by any of the Chrome base liveries...
    Steps to reproduce: Try any of the chrome base liveries, set up the spec and fresnel files and load in...

• Like Like x 1
  19. ZakMcKracken

ZakMcKracken New Member

I have this with the Corvette C8 as well , but this seems to manifest monstly with accelerated tire wear (3x/5x).

If you purposely lock up and hold the break pedal, you can destroy half of the tire in one go (judging by the tire wear indicators) ,and force feedback certainly telling you that a major flatspot occured.
    The tire graphic will just 'jump' suddenly , not decreasing smoothly.

Also have to check if accelerated tire wear and higher track temperature play any part of this , I am not sure.

20. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Car: BMW Procar (others, too):
    Track: Any

When you adjust the tyre pressure in the pit strategy settings and save, then go back to results screen and once again back to pit strategy, you notice that the game has set the pressure values back to default!!
    This is the reason why the car feels terrible after pit stop, because the tyre pressure is not the one you would have liked. :mad:

Bug is there since day one and was reported a couple of times, will it ever be fixed??