Racing Life - AMS2 Career Mode Companion App

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Ricardo Pombeiro, Oct 27, 2022.

1. Coldsalmon

Coldsalmon Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, I am really enjoying your app! I'm having a blast driving the old Copa Classics. One minor niggle: the Caterham 620R doesn't actually participate in any race series, it's just a road car. The Seven Championship uses the 420R, which is roughly similar to the Superlight in AMS2.
    https://www.caterhamcars.com/en/models/the-iconic-range/seven-420r-race-package
    Caterham Racing - Wikipedia

It's not a big deal, as I can just buy the 620R in the app and use the Superlight in the game. But your app is so good and fun that I wanted to help improve it if I could. Thank you again, I will donate to Ukraine :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ricardo Pombeiro

Ricardo Pombeiro Member

Thanks for the awesome support! =D Yes Racing Life its not a true 1-to-1 representation of reality.. we just want to give the player a reason to actually play with all the content in the game and have some sense of progression =) Keep enjoying Racing Life and feel free to join our Discord and share your progress/feedback!

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Quick question: Does the app determine what AI strength should be used?

4. ndevree

ndevree New Member

I have been absolutely loving Racing Life! Would love to be able to do more online racing, but with 2 young kids who love to interrupt it's not really possible much, so Racing Life has given me something closer to that feel.

I have been running into an issue lately when trying to add a fourth ongoing championship. I will do the first race of that championship, but when I return to the custom championship menu I can't open that last championship anymore until I delete one of the others. Since I started at the bottom as a sim racer in my career I am leasing cars and trying to pack multiple championships so I can be efficient and like the variety. Anyone know a way around this? I would just run all single races, but like being able to score them within AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ricardo Pombeiro

Ricardo Pombeiro Member

No, this is up to the user to manage

6. Ricardo Pombeiro

Ricardo Pombeiro Member

Thanks for the kind words! =) Yes there has been some issues reported with the latest update regarding custom championships =(

7. CourtG

CourtG New Member

I absolutely love this app!! It's exactly what I've been looking for since DTR. If I could make a request for future consideration, being able to enter two race results for dual race weekends would be great. ATM I just average the race results but I don't believe it's the same as two separate races run with the same results.
    Anyway no big deal, thanks so much for creating this!

Edit: Actually it wouldn’t work properly without pulling race data out of the game. The in game post race screen shows the “round” win which is good enough.

Last edited: May 21, 2023
  8. Ricardo Pombeiro

Ricardo Pombeiro Member

• Like Like x 6