Automobilista 2 Mods!!!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by ZeferinoCoutinho, Jan 4, 2021.

1. RockyTM

RockyTM Modder AMS2 Club Member

New Track is out:
    Check the usual places.
    Cheers!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I have a question: Is it technically possible to mod PC3 tracks and cars? I know the game is what it is (and I agree) but this one has interesting tracks (Bahrain, Havana, Shanghai, Yas Marina, A fictional oval...) and interesting cars (Audi TT coupé racing, Dodge Challenger, Honda Civic Racing, Mercedes-Amg Coupé C63 racing, Renault Mégane TCR...). Or, because of simplified physics (magic tires...), it's not possible? Just out of curiosity...

• Like Like x 3
  3. RockyTM

RockyTM Modder AMS2 Club Member

In theory yes, if someone would put in the time and effort to do it. As it stands now, the game is so far departed from PC2, that it would be a monumental task. Somebody might want to spend the time, but I doubt it will happen anytime soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Thank you for your answer, which is moreover, argued. Always interesting to read.
    And PC1, it's the same thing ?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Think it is easier with PC1 due to it being a worse version of PC2, but at least sim like

6. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

yes it is possible. Almost all the cars of PC1 are in PC2 except 2 cars: the Mercedes C coupé DTM and the Caper Monterey. These 2 cars would be a very nice addition in my opinion.

7. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Formula B isn't in PCars2 either, it's a better car than the Formula Renault 3.5 imo.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TonyM

TonyM New Member

I have installed and enabled all the files...
    BUT I don't see the tracklist.lst in steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\tracks\_data\
    What should I do?

EDIT: SOLVED! I removed the bootfiles and then I re-enabled these and the tracklist is there now.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  9. Racinglegend1234

How long should it take to enable Azure? I have sat here for 5 minutes and nothing is happening
    Edit: took me like 20-30 minutes

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I also thought it was taking too long so I closed the mod manager and tried again, this time walking away for an hour or so. It worked, I just don't know how long it took. Then I reactivated the bootfiles and also walked away again.
    Great track! I think I can guess the next track they will release as well... another fan favorite. I really like the point to point tracks and thought Reiza would release one with the supercar DLC tbh. Luckily modders came to the rescue!

11. Racinglegend1234

Took me like 20 minutes to activate

12. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Just making sure...

Are we allowed to share screenshots of mod cars in AMS2 on the forum here?

13. TronLi

I think screenshots are ok but links are not, depending on where the assets come from. Is linking to a general Discord allowed?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

As I'm on both sides, I would say yes for the screenshots, but I'm not categorical on that. It would be better to wait for a more impartial opinion than me :p

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just from other forums and discords im in, they mostly have a stance of not being allowed to promote, distribute, share etc, hacked or pirated content.

I'm not really sure where Reiza, or indeed what's left of SMS would stand on this.
    I mean, Reiza is licensed to use the Madness Engine amd obviusly has access to a broad range of assetts from PC2.

I'd assume the modding support briefly talked about would be scratch made content, or converted with permission content from the likes of VRC or RSS etc.

I'd definitley wait for clarification before going ahead with posting anything.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Scar666

So your interpretation is that a scratch made mod or converted with permission from a modder would be ok... But obviously ripped content is not to be shared or promoted here...

What if it contains files from cars not released but are within the AMS2 files, likes sounds for example?

I know it's not a clarification from Reiza staff, but I'm just trying to find out where the community stands as well before posting anything... As there's always a bit of controversy surrounding mods these days and even posting screenshots of one of the liveries I've made for a mod gives me pause...

I've posted it up on RD's screenshots if you want to know what I'm talking about... It's currently got released cars sounds... But obviously there are other sounds that would work better...

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
  17. TronLi

I don't think the community cares tbh...we want everything available.

Also, screenshots of the tracks were posted and nobody was forced to remove them (at least I don't think so). You could always throw them up on YouTube (linking to the video on the forum) and post a link to a Discord in the details area. Disable comments to avoid everyone asking for links lol.

18. Scar666

This one is almost guaranteed to get a few people's gears going... As we've seen with a few comments in that GT3 mod thread... And I've already seen elsewhere about it... People really care about the events of the last few months... Especially fans of a certain sim...

I know most of the AMS2 mod using community will be all over it...

But I won't post anything here until I get clarification...

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm sure all the users on our end would welcome any modded content, but I think we'd all be wary of putting Reiza in any sort of difficult position that might affect licensing talks etc. My own opinion is that mod talk is best kept to a minimum on the official forum.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Racinglegend1234

Time to go to discord

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1