Wheel lost

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by LoloRRR, Mar 20, 2016.

1. LoloRRR

LoloRRR New Member

in my case it is strange, seems to be "quite" fixed as it happends rarely, but it happens. Played yesterday online and offline and no problem...

2. Marcel Kleene

Marcel Kleene Member AMS2 Club Member

Still having a lot of problems with Accuforce. Loose the connections nearly every time I change something in setup...sometimes even without changing anything..

3. Mate Egri

Mate Egri New Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but still happens to me too. T550RS + TH8. As Marcel above said, it seems to me too, that it's connected to the setup. If I have a properly set up car, it works always. If I just change the fuel, there is a big chance the wheel will be dead on race start.

4. Didi Draxler

Didi Draxler New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Guys!

At least the question
    A friend of mine did buy the Thrustmaster Xt Racing wheel leather Edition.
    Yesterday we tried to do some Laps in Automobilista.
    Everytime when he was in Pits FFB works very well.
    But after first time BREAKING on course FFB was gone and never came back,
    Only exception when he pressed the " FFB restore" Button in game during driving.

He uses Win10 64bit Edition
    Thrustmaster XT Racingwheel Leather Edition with Pedals
    Thrustmaster Driver Version 1.48
    Firmware 50b9
    900° wheel range
    Effects: "pure 360"
    Newest Steam Version of Automobilista

So any informations to solve the problem

Greets from Austria
    Didi

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  5. Cleadge

Cleadge New Member

Im having this problem now. It started about a month ago for me.
    Some times i can play fine online and offline other times my wheel stops responding can be from 1min to 10min into a game.
    Restarting my pc is the only way to close the game when it happens and that doesnt seem to fix the issue (wheel stops responding)

6. Auduns75

Auduns75 RWB Audi AMS2 Club Member

Do you have any commands bound to your shift key? Swaybars etc? A guy in our club suffered the same problem as you, and it turned out he had the shift key bound to adjusting the swaybars, after some clicks the windows sticky keys activated and the focus shifted from the game to Windows with result of lost wheel and needing to restart the game.
    Best regards

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Cleadge

Cleadge New Member

Nah dont use my kb for anything. Also have sticky keys dissabled.
    Apparantly there was an update which may have fixed it.

8. Ray Huang

Ray Huang New Member AMS2 Club Member

Fanatec GT3rs wheel, cannot get game to recognize wheel, but everything else works (th8 shifter, V2 pedals, paddle shifters, button assignments on wheel, just no wheel rotation.

Happened in Windows 7 and Windows 10 after installing a new mobo, i57600k processor this week. It is Windows 10 64bit home edition.

Everything fine in Assetto and iRacing.

9. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Have you tried unplugging / re-connecting the USB cable? I've just read some posts where this fixed wheel issues for others since recent OS updates were released.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ray Huang

Dean, yes I tried that. Thanks for advice. Still get nothing. I am racing AC and iRacing daily. No problems. Confused.

Anything else?

11. Ray Huang

I looked in the ini files and found this, my wheel is not listed. Is this it?

All matches are 'starts with' matches.
    Profiles auto loaded on new PLR file creation.

Logitech G25 Racing Wheel -> LogitechG25.ini
    G25 Racing Wheel -> LogitechG25.ini
    Logitech G27 Racing Wheel -> LogitechG27.ini
    G27 Racing Wheel -> LogitechG27.ini
    Logitech Driving Force GT -> LogitechDrivingForceGT.ini
    Logitech Driving Force Pro -> LogitechDrivingForcePro.ini
    Logitech G29 -> LogitechG29.ini
    Logitech G920 -> LogitechG920.ini

Fanatec CSR Wheel -> Fanatec CSR.ini
    ClubSport Wheel -> Fanatec ClubSport.ini

Thrustmaster T300RS -> Thrustmaster T300RS.ini
    Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel -> Thrustmaster TX.ini

SmartJoy PLUS Adapter -> Playstation Controller.ini
    Playstation -> Playstation Controller.ini
    Xbox One -> Xbox One Controller.ini
    Xbox 360 -> Xbox 360 Controller.ini

if nothing loaded we attempt to load a profile with the exact name of the controller.

12. Jakerock

Jakerock New Member AMS2 Club Member

Just as an accolade to the Automobilista Devs, I dont think that my DFGT has ever had a problem that wasnt user error. I cannot say that for ANY of the other contenders except AC.

With my DFGT... When it gets issues, I
    1. exit the game
    2. make sure the logitech profiler IS RUNNING and set to the profile I made for rfactor2.
    3. unplug power from DFGT, unplug/replug USB, wait for windows sound confirming USB connection
    4. replug the power to the DFGT and let it do its self test.
    5. restart app

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Have you confirmed that you have the latest Chip-set drivers from your chip-set vendor / USB drivers?

I've had some strange things happen with my USB connections with the various hardware I'm using. USB drivers can be quite troublesome for some; some people do better using the Windows drivers while others swear by ones directly from the vendor website. In some cases, it may be related to the install process / sequence / or having devices unplugged during an update.

On top of that, some Mobo's are more finicky with USB than others. Using some VR devices can be related to USB issues as well and I have found that updates are more successful with the HMD unplugged until the update and system reboot has been completed.

14. Dpmalito

Dpmalito New Member

same with OSW simucube. Can't get it to detect no matter what, and doesn't seem like im alone. Can't believe Reiza isn't even reading my posts...

15. Mate Egri

Mate Egri New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm messing around with this issue for two days. Started AMS for, dunno, maybe 100 times by now these 2 days. And I was trying to fix this on 10-15 other occasions before.

Here's a chunk of the log file I find important:
    hwinput.cpp 11118: Entered HWInput::Init()
    hwinput.cpp 11127: Failed to read steering wheel range from Thrustmaster device, won't reset it on quit.
    hwinput.cpp 11147: Entered HWInput::Restart()
    hwinput.cpp 3212: FFB:: Restarting... Current Value 2
    hwinput.cpp 3219: FFB:: locking
    hwinput.cpp 4555: FFB:: Crashed
    hwinput.cpp 3227: FFB:: releasing lock

I suppose "Entered HWInput::Restart()" is happening when I click the restart controller detection button. I noticed hwinput.cpp 4555: FFB:: Crashed. So I tried even with FFB turned off, same happening.

The easiest to reproduce is: start a single race, progress to race session, go to controller options, press the controller reset button (it usually works now), go to garage, change fuel, go back to options. click reset again and there is some chance it breaks by now. if not, repeat going to garage, change fuel, press reset now. At most after 3-4 tries it breaks.

Please folks, this issue isn't being solved since last year. I'm not active on the forums, but I played Ftruck and GCC a lot even before steam, my review is among the top on Steam (kutya) (I left it positive, regardless this isn't fixed since last year). Also supported your next game.

Config:
    T500RS wheel + TH8 shifter
    AMS installed on D drive (SSD)
    Win 8.1 64bit (also on SSD)
    GTX 970
    Intel i5 -6500 CPU
    Triple screen
    16 GB RAM

EDIT: i tried many variations, turning steering range on/off, 180Hz, 360Hz, all others, even turning off FFB, single screen/triple screen, changing USB ports, running without TH8.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  16. Erhard B.Jussen

Erhard B.Jussen New Member

I have the same problem with my Thrustmaster T500 RS F1 + Fanatec V2 pedals, it just does not work anymore. Is not anyone of Reiza Studios able to take care of the problem ?? Just a pity because the simulation has improved so much. I uninstalled them out of sheer frustration,

17. Erhard B.Jussen

Erhard B.Jussen New Member

my Thrustmaster T500 RS F1 works only by itself, as soon as I connect the Fanatec V 'pedals nothing works, no separate pedals / steering wheels are recognized in AMS ????:(:(:(:(:(

18. Alexandros

Alexandros New Member

Hi guys.i have a problem with my devices.every time i launch the game my devices are all detected.i choose a car i drive and all good.when i exit to change a car or track my devices are lost.i refresh but nothing happens.ihave to quit tbe game and restart for every car.then again the same thing.im running the game through sim commander for my accuforse but through steam without sim commander its the same problem.today i made aclean instalation of the game from steam and on sim commander but nothing changed.my devices are the accuforse, 3 bodnar inputs for button box,pedals,shifters,and a th8a.i have no problem with any other title like assetto,iracing,raceroom all my devices works fine so iknow there is no problem with any of my controlers.