SteamVR Resolution and/or In game SS changes do nothing?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Juiced46, Feb 25, 2023.

1. Juiced46

Juiced46 New Member

I am running a G2 with a 4090 and 13900k. No matter what resolution setting I set in the Per app for AMS2 SteamVR setting or SS in game there is no effect. Is this broken for this game or is there a workaround that I am missing? I can set 200% in SteamVR and SS to 2.0 in game and no change to visuals or frame timing.

Also I am looking for a link to OpenXR settings if that is working with this sim.

2. Coldsalmon

Coldsalmon Member AMS2 Club Member

OpenXR/OpenComposite is the answer. It has a built-in supersampling option, which I use with SMAA. Note that foveated rendering does not work with MSAA medium or low; I find my performance is better with foveated rendering, supersampling, and SMAA.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The settings in AMS2 can be overriden by the settings in the NVidia control panel. In the 3D tab there are global settings and local (just for AMS2). So check these settings.
    This is a nice link to understand what all these settings do.

4. Juiced46

Juiced46 New Member

Awesome, thanks. Do you have a link to OpenXR setup for AMS2? I have only ran OpenXR with iRacing and MSFS

Thanks, I am familiar with NVCP settings. Nothing that I can see that will affect it overriding it. I do not have VRR enabled. Only thing I run is Antialiasing on Multisample which I do not think affects VR supersampling settings, or shouldnt. I run this in other sims and it works well.

5. Coldsalmon

I don't have a link to any setups - I just used the system-wide install option on OpenComposite, which works well with AMS2 (and almost everything else). You can toggle it on and off with 1 button for the games that really do need SteamVR.

The main settings I use in OpenXR Toolkit are foveated rendering, turbo mode, and override resolution.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wilfred de Ruijter

I did a system wide install as well, but I got a error: -2. So I had to install it locally.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Coldsalmon

Wish I could offer some more help, but it just worked for me. It's absolutely worth any setup or troubleshooting; the performance gains are real. Good luck!

8. Wilfred de Ruijter

I'm glad to hear the OpenComposite does work for AMS2. I asked what I could do to get rid of the error and they said I should run OpenXR. So I ran OpenXR, but my CPU load went up. So I really need OpenComposite. Searching on internet I didn't find a solution to get OpenComposite to work with my gear.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1