Automobilista Time Trial Challenge - Season Completed!

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 13, 2017.

1. taris

taris Member

@Matty28 are you using the in car Traction Control?

2. Matty28

Matty28 Member

Yeah it's on medium

3. Koba

Koba Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Shadowbounty is pretty formidable. I don't think he can overcome missing the first week (too many points to make up), but it will be interesting so see where he ends up if he sticks with it the rest of the way.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Marcos Furriel

Marcos Furriel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

36th.
    I'm soooooooooo slow in formula cars.
    This is soooooo sad. :'(

5. Sando75

Sando75 New Member

Holy crap dude. I've analysed your lap and I can confirm the following:
    1. You've used some sort of video editing software to speed this up a little - no one can be that fast
    2. You have super glue on your tyres
    3. On a serious note, I can't believe the range of gears you use compared to me. For example, you drop back to gear 2 a couple of times where I'd be in 3, or maybe even 4! I find that I can't control the car if i drop back too low, too quickly. I guess this is just a racing experience thing, and I have a lot to learn.

Thanks for posting the lap, it was exciting to watch:)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  6. Kostis Vigos

Kostis Vigos Active Member AMS2 Club Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS @Matty28!!!!!
    Because of work I haven't had the time to run this week and I was thinking to skip it. But just by seeing where your braking points are, saved me so many laps and made me wanna try to beat the 107%!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Matty28

Matty28 Member

@Sando75 Haha the only thing the video software did was make it look like 240p (classic Windows Movie Maker). If you mean at 1:11 I do often do that in 3rd, just this time I slowed down a bit more to touch the apex and straighten the car. But yeah I think it's just practice and you'll be able to anticipate what it will do or avoid any problems by doing it at the right time. When I first started going to 1st at the hairpin caught me out a lot, and it still does occasionally.

@Kostis Vigos No problem :) Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

The combo for the third round of the Time Trial Challenge has been confirmed - from Kansai we´ll be heading to Imola with the Boxer Cup. Round 3 starts on monday May 1st!
    Screenshot55929.jpg

Meanwhile round 2 at Kansai is still ongoing - over 300 entries so far with more certainly to come until the deadline on Sunday 30th 23:59 GMT. To participate, launch Automobilista, select one of the Formula V10 cars and Kansai Full in Time Trial mode to set your time - you may then attempt to improve it over the course of the weekend, and it will be automatically exported to both regular leaderboard and the TT Challenge board.

Make sure to get your time in to secure those participation points - if the time is within 107% of the best you´ll already be in with a chance to win an official Stock Car Seat!

• Like Like x 5
  9. Matty28

Matty28 Member

Well that was quite different to last week. Last week I felt I hit the point where there was no obvious way to improve and I was just lapping until I did some impossible move which gained me time. This week was more frustrating because I know there was at least 2 tenths to gain just by nailing a full lap but never managed it :mad:.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hotlap Masochist

So dragging the tub around the entire racetrack didn't lose speed, and in fact gained speed. Tried tuning the car the way I know how, ie setting ride heights and using packers correctly for minimum scraping; then I slammed the ride heights, took the packers out, made it bottom all the way around. It was glued like a slot car, and top speed also improved. No speed loss from bottoming, no loss of control in the corners. Ground effect? Very much so, but not in 2002, and I'm fairly sure even ground effect cars were tuned to keep their bellies off the track.

That's not even the top sets. The top sets predominantly used maximum rebound and minimum bump on the primary and third springs to completely tie the car down and get rid of as much travel as possible. Seems legit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Renato Simioni

That´s one of the reasons why we wanted access to those setups too Ethan :) Setup loopholes that only become evident in competitive situations are a common theme in sim racing - once we´re aware of the exploits we can do something about them.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Renato Simioni

Round 2 of the Time Trial Challenge finished last night - over 400 drivers laid down the rubber at Kansai, with the top stop being taken again by brit: Shadowbounty got it this time. Congratulations to him!

Turks still lead the overall table thanks to a close 2nd place finish at Kansai. You can check the current standings for the TT Challenge here: Virtual Xperience

The clock for the third round is now running - it´s time to take the Boxer Cup for a ride around the legendary Imola circuit!
    AMS 2017-04-28 15-06-37-72.jpg

To participate, launch Automobilista, select one of the Boxer Cup cars and Imola 2016 in Time Trial mode to set your time - you may then attempt to improve it over the course of the week, and it will be automatically exported to both regular leaderboard and the TT Challenge board.

Only laps scored from May 1st 0:00 GMT to May 7th 23:59 GMT will count for this 3rd round of the Time Trial Challenge. Make sure to get your time in to secure those participation points - if the time is within 107% of the best you´ll already be in with a chance to win an Official Stock Car Seat!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hotlap Masochist

Great stuff. I'd like to point out that my annoyance wasn't directed at Reiza, only the shameless exploitation of this loophole. I intend to find as many as I can, and be just as vocal about them to get them shut down.

Boxer at Imola should be tons of fun. Tintops are my forte :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Morello

Morello New Member AMS2 Club Member

Does anyone have a track layout of Imola with the track limits marked? I must confess that I find it very frustrating when the white lines do not designate the track.

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Have you been talking to Martin Brundle? ;)

16. Renato Simioni

The combo for the fourth round of the Time Trial Challenge has been confirmed - from Imola we´re going to Londrina for some karting action with the GX390 Race model - Round 3 starts on monday May 8th!
    GX390 (1).jpg
    Meanwhile round 3 at Imola is still ongoing - over 200 entries so far within 107% of the best time, with more to come until the deadline on Sunday 7th 23:59 GMT. To participate, launch Automobilista, select one of the Boxer Cup cars and Imola 2016 in Time Trial mode to set your time - you may then attempt to improve it over the course of the weekend, and it will be automatically exported to both regular leaderboard and the TT Challenge board.

Make sure to get your time in to secure those participation points - if the time is within 107% of the best you´ll already be in with a chance to win an official Stock Car Seat by Cockpit-Extreme Racing!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Schlitty

Schlitty Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Would've preferred my favs the direct 125cc, but looking forward to some kart action in this challenge. Should be my highest finish. :cool:

18. Koba

Koba Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Great combo! The Londrina Kart 1 layout is super fun. The nice flow of this combo (not as frantic as the 125 would be) and short lap time means people are going to put in a ton of laps—and the lap times are going to be super tight.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Race Fanatic

Race Fanatic Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I genuinly don't know if I should laugh or cry, got easy 10+ times that's a 1:43.0XX but never under 43... always a different sector that's not good enough.

What's even worse is that I did a 43.0XX where sb came into my room on s2 and lost me 2 tenths, would have been such a good lap... I'm genuinly hugely frustrated.

• Like Like x 1
  20. diabolus79

diabolus79 New Member

Can anybody tell me how this thing works? I select Boxer Cup, click on Time Trial, select Imola 2016 and just go right? If so why my not so good time doesn't register on the ranked list?