AI - First place does not take distance

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Lucaschevy, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Lucaschevy

Lucaschevy New Member

Good morning, I wanted to tell you that the first place never distances itself, it is surpassed and the new first is surpassed again and so on. The only way this doesn't happen is when he manages to get more than 1 second out of a second place mistake. It seems to have AI Limiter. The same thing happens with the groups that form behind, who leads the group does not move away, they surpass it and the new group leader also surpasses it again. It gives the feeling that the first are always at a disadvantage. This occurs with all attacks and levels. I invite you to try it, for example, with the Stock Car in Interlagos.
    I like to simulate races and in this sense Automobilista 1 was great. Hopefully it can be improved in the future, I hope the data is useful to you because if this is modified it will greatly improve the simulation of races against the AI.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Pacchia

Pacchia Member

Please keep it this way.
    Races are more fun.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The only way you can sort of improve the issue is by using a custom AI file, and even then if the first few cars are evenly matched they will stay pretty close to each other until pitstops, lapped traffic or a mistake.

4. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

No they are not. In a lot of classes, classic GT in particular, this results in AI pushing players and pack leader out of the track, instead of a clean overtake.
    On tracks like historic Spa this results in a pile up sooner or later, a lot like Wreckfest. Which was suggested to play next after 3 AI pile ups in 3 out of races in MP.

5. Lucaschevy

Lucaschevy New Member

They should have a variable of half a second per lap approximately. Like a human would. Some may have more and others less.
    I already believe the pilots but the same thing happens, the first is always at a disadvantage if he is within a second of difference. This was very well done in AMS 1.