Help - Does AMS2 drivers really want to race online?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by roszman, Feb 26, 2023.

1. roszman

roszman Well-Known Member

I've made a copy of Extended Cars Info
    Extended Car Info vs RCO
    Most of the columns are hidden, you can unhide them if you want, last column is for RCO licenses.
    Now we just need to merge our ideas in to those file and we can start voting ;)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
  2. roszman

GTS is cool and very consumable :D I like it, but I am not sure about the races without the qualy, it can be done on RCO, I will think about it. It's good input thx.

Concenring stats, and "rewards" :), yeah that's the plan to give us all access to "racing dashboard" where we could analyse our performance per race, weekly event, season, all time. Where we could compare our performance vs other driver. stuff like that, I have few ideas, but I hope I will be also driven by sim racing community.

From gamifying perspective we can add achievments or somethnig.

Thing is that I can't promise antything, I don't know where we'll end up with RCO. If those cool features will see the light of the day, considering my pace of 5-6h of RCO work per week, it will take months or years, or forever to add them, idk.

;)

3. roszman

I've messed up file url previously, so double check the url if you're doing something there.

4. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

ACHIEVEMENTS!!!!:):):)
    Please check s.th. out about this.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

Dammit.

Pace down -3 points
    Safety down -2
    Consistency -2

Formula Vee AI outpacing me by 3 seconds a lap. I'd done a bit of practice on the timetrail and managed to get into 8th place there with a 1.20.390 - not even close during the race, I think I averaged 1.21.500ish. So I thought I'd just keep it clean which was going really well until the penultimate lap ( the section through turns 7/8 can be tricky in the Vee.) Oh well, try again:)

Something I have been wondering during some of my races is what AI skill level I'm currently being classed with. Is there a way to show this? I'd be interested to know as I could then use that in Solo Mode with track/car combinations not on RCO. Anyone else thoguht similarly?

• Like Like x 1
  6. roszman

I can show your AI skill, but multiplayer AI skill have a scale 1-100 and not 1-120 as in single player.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. roszman

RCO tracks your general AI skill, maybe it should track it per car class and/or track?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

That’s so disappointing to read:) I normally put the AI to 100% and that gives me a good race. Although that’s with cars and tracks I probably know better than I’m racing with on RCO. It goes to show how much you need to learn about a particular cars limits on a particular track.
    Another discussion for everyone? Interesting to know it can be done.

9. Coldsalmon

Coldsalmon Member AMS2 Club Member

Global AI skill enables another exploit: I could sandbag my AI rating in one series, then win in another series, then repeat, so that I win every race in the second series. This wouldn't be effective if points are properly calibrated to AI skill though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

Someone's joining me at Taruma in the Vee's - my first RCO race alongside someone else.

Hello whoever you are:)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Coldsalmon

See you there!

Suggestion: write in the chat how many people are registered for the race. Then I can wait until everyone joins to start the race. I almost started without Magnus, which would have caused a disadvantage in qualifying.

12. roszman

I could write that in the chat, but generally if you're late for qualy, then you are in disadvantage, everyone knows when the race starts :p

13. Coldsalmon

Well, maybe we will get them next time @Magnus

Last place, +56 seconds, no incidents :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

It took a while for the server to show up - but no complaints, qualy starts at the set time.

Now. I do need to point out that I'll be calling for a full stewards enquiry after that race. Mr Joao Pedro Maia swiped me out of first place and carried on his merry way - disgraceful track etiquette. I was still swearing at him some laps later ...... when I spun on the hairpin:mad::D

Pace down -6 again....Safety +2 points despite two incidents.

Nice to see you there....and more importantly, I didn't crash into you:)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

...and three us for the P4 at 2pm. Cool.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh man, wish I wasn't at work! Hopefully some people online later!

17. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

Cracking race. I managed P4 and got to witness @racezilla spin out from 1st and still manage to go on and win. Total fun

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Coldsalmon

5th race in a row hotlapping in last place :oops:
    I can't seem to get the AI slow enough for me, with other drivers or without. Maybe I messed up by racing Copa Classics B at Londrina - that's my best combo so maybe it skewed the AI too high for a long time.

My pace is down to 12 now, so hopefully the adaptive AI will get slow enough for me in solo races. Is it possible to expand the range of AI in races with other drivers? As it stands I have a disincentive to join races with other drivers since I am so slow. For reference, I race at 100 AI strength in single player, and that seems to give me good races.

It also seems very difficult to recover safety rating. Mine went up to 90 very quickly initially, but once the AI started consistently outpacing me, I retired from a few races in an effort to decrease my pace. That cratered my safety rating down to 60, and it's only increase back to 62 after 2 full clean races. This seems appropriate though, since safety rating is so important.

19. roszman

Thx for feedback.
    For sure Adaptive AI should be improved, drivers shouldnt be locked like you're now. I will fix it ;)

20. Coldsalmon

I just did qualifying in a P4 solo race and I'm in 7th place, so it seems to have adjusted. Racing with other faster drivers is still a concern though. I hope that my experience as a slow and inconsistent racer is useful to the platform ;)

• Like Like x 1