Back Racing AMS2 after Looong Break !

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by blanes, Mar 16, 2023.

1. blanes

blanes Member

Fired up ams2 first time in about 8 or 9 months and very happy I did... bought the Historical pack 1. as well to enjoy the older versions of some nice tracks... especially Bathurst from my boyhood memories ... Classic, Thanks Reiza ! :)

However I have one small but annoying issue I am hopeful someone here can help with. I now notice there is a constant beeping noise that occurs whenever I get close to the Rev Limiter, in the Formula cars it seems to be constantly on. I have looked in all the different settings to either turn it right down or preferably totally Off but it is eluding me and driving me crazy :eek:o_O:confused:

Can anyone please steer me in the right direction to fix this ? Cheers.

2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

If you are lucky you can find the sound file causing this sound in one of these folders.
    Rename the file so it doesnt sound.
    Thats the way I have solved some of the annoying limiter bullocs.

Sound folders.png

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. blanes

blanes Member

Ok thanks, will check that out tomorrow. I wonder was that sound intentional and is it implemented in a realistic way ? I was unaware that a warning sound existed in some of those cars ? An on/off toggle would be a handy solution though.

4. blanes

blanes Member

Hey Bruno I cannot find a directory with those names, can you point me to where it is please ?
    This sound is definitely a rev limiter but it is so damn annoying ... why would they implement such a thing without having a toggle for it ?

If any devs are reading this forum please will you explain about this and tell some way to turn it off or at least limit its volume please ?