Automobilista 2 Mods!!!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by ZeferinoCoutinho, Jan 4, 2021.

1. morpwr

morpwr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Its been checked by 3 different people and the file is clean it seems to be something with media fire for some reason.

2. Beezer215

Beezer215 Member

Well if true, and I'm not doubting anyone, that's not very nice. Wondering if it's from mediafire. I can tell you that knowing the guys making this content, they're not adding malware to the tracks and/or cars. lol
    I would however remain cautious of anything found like this.

3. Beezer215

Beezer215 Member

One of the thoughts on this that Mister More Power has come up with is that one of the pop-ups that you may get on Mediafire could be the culprit. Please use adblocks and the like when downloading I guess. I don't get these popups and coincidentally, I don't get any virus warnings.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. gvse

gvse Active Member AMS2 Club Member

downloaded the archive and uploaded it to TotalScan.
    It came back clean:
    VirusTotal

• Like Like x 2
  5. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Tried this and didn't work unfortunately. How weird, I don't believe for a second that modders did something fishy at all! just something going on with this particular upload.

6. mad maxx

mad maxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've got no alert from my antivirus , and as said Virustotal.com reports no infection.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
  7. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

WTF… o_O

• Like Like x 4
  8. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Someday soon AI will translate everything for us in realtime and we'll all be united in modding lol. For now we are stuck in language-specific silos (English is pretty common but just imagine if everyone could communicate in their own language!). I assume someone has been converting PC2 mods to AMS2. There are over 200 mod cars available but it's hard to update/convert them and have the motivation to keep them current.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

1. allowed it in windows defender history
    2. download again
    3. unzip it
    4. scan whole with defender again
    no virus found.
    its clean now
    it needs the leap of faith.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Fabio Aragão

Fabio Aragão Member AMS2 Club Member

after the last update, the indycars mod was removed

11. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You need the new boot files

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. TronLi

Fun car around Sugo...

You know, there's always controversy around content from other games but in this case its a win for everyone involved.

Shift 2 (EA) content got ported to PC2 (SMS), EA bought SMS and now PC2 content is being ported to AMS2, which they want to do well since they probably get a piece of the pie from the licensing deal. Reiza gets publicity and sales, gamers get more content, modders gain motivation to make more content, etc. Reiza can keep working on the sandbox and we can all keep enjoying driving what makes us happy (nobody is forced to install mods but having them as an option is awesome).

We really need an api or something now to be able to setup championships/careers, manage and launch them directly from a website/app (no fiddling with spreadsheets or manually setting up date/time/conditions). Then the community can go wild with ideas. Seriously, that would grow quickly into something incredible that doesn't exist currently for any racing game on any platform.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is interesting how easy it is to install the mods. You can see it from 30:12 in the video.

14. mad maxx

mad maxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Better install cars before bootfiles, so on new updates of Ams2 you have only to unistall/reinstall them (bootfiles) and not the whole package cars/bootfiles. And if you install mod tracks too, tracks before cars.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Had a good run with the Indycar 2023 mod last night. Highly recommend it. Managed to get an rF2 feel to the FFB (a little on the noisy side) with Danielkart’s v70 files as well.

This mod is easily as good as anything Reiza have put out for AMS2.

And installing these mods is not hard at all, and it’s free!

• Like Like x 2
  16. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

With new bootfiles, I found that I had to re-add the vehicles .crd lines(mod readme) to the vehicles.lst file, and the physics info to the driveline.rg file. before the mod showed up again.

I figure that's the part of the process that I wasn't doing, but I don't see that bit being mentioned anywhere, especially as both files reside in the new bootfiles folder.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

After I add all of the car and track info to the files I make a copy of vehiclelist.lst, driveline.rg and tracklist.lst and put them in a different location. This is because those files are in the bootfiles folder for which ever release is active. So when you update the boot files those files are present in the new boot files download and are the default ones without your updates. So just copy them back to the correct locations and you should be good with much less work because you don't need to add the lines back again.

This should work unless some info changes within these files but that would be posted on their site so you can update them accordingly if need be.

• Like Like x 2
  18. TronLi

I was afraid the info would change in those files so I just have a .txt file with what I need to add to each area. I pull the driveline information from the AMS modding team page and compare it after each update, just in case. Luckily we won't have to do this for too much longer, as there are several people working on a solution (hopefully some have joined forces).

I didn't want to remove all the cars before adding Sugo though, so I just deactivated boot files, added the track and reactivated. Things work fine now but if it stops working after the next boot file update I'll know why...

• Like Like x 1
  19. RockyTM

RockyTM Modder AMS2 Club Member

Not entirely correct.
    If Reiza add a new car (Like the Inter), the files will differ.
    Just Make ###MOD#### entry line at the end of the 3 files, and copy everything after into the new files.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Has anybody done races at Sugo with a full grid of AI cars? Does it work well?