1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. GogglesPaesano

GogglesPaesano Member AMS2 Club Member

I've been using 60hz for years, since Reverb G1. Currently using a Pimax 8kx also at 60hz. I have no issues with it.

2. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I meant frame rate not refresh rate, but thanks for your answers.

3. GogglesPaesano

GogglesPaesano Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe 60hz limits frame rate to 60fps. I also tried 120hz on the 8kx, while limiting the fps to 60, but there was ghosting. I prefer 60hz setting.

• Like Like x 1
  4. safwan khan

safwan khan New Member

hi, thanks for this game. my problem:
    cannot use quest 2 controllers in game.
    my setup: PCVR via steam on quest 2.
    i want to play with quest 2 controllers only.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

That's not possible, unless I'm unaware of some SteamVR controller config/hack.

You can play on VR by using a regular xbox/d-pad controller for example.

• Like Like x 2
  6. AC3NSP4D3

AC3NSP4D3 New Member

Is it just me, or is the plane of the view in VR not locked to the car? The yaw obviously is locked to the car, or else you wouldn't stay facing towards the front of the car when turning. And pitch seems to stay locked to the car. At least I don't recall the pitch losing it's tracking in relation to the car while driving through Corkscrew on Leguna Seca. But when you're going around banking on ovals, the roll doesn't move with the car. It kind of broke immersion while driving on Daytona Roval. The view stays at 0deg while the car is at 31deg.

7. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I can’t remember which one changes this, but either legacy on or off will change this so the view does move with the banking.
    Maybe it’s been reset for you with an update or something?

• Like Like x 1
  8. AC3NSP4D3

AC3NSP4D3 New Member

I just wanted to report back that this worked. I switched legacy off in the head movement settings. No update reset this, I just never set it to begin with because I wasn't sure what it did. I wasn't sure if the roll issue was a limitation of the engine or something overlooked, as it's not as apparent at non-oval tracks. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  9. blanes

blanes Member

Thanks for tip ... Never knew this and avoided banked tracks mostly because how immersion breaking it is.

• Like Like x 1
  10. noel spence

noel spence Member AMS2 Club Member

does anyone have trouble with blurry vision when doing multi player ,but is fine in single player ,i get 90 fps in both scenario's
    This is with a hp reverb g2

11. A.F.K DaN

A.F.K DaN Member AMS2 Club Member

Fired up AMS2 a bit again in the last few days and have to report some strange issues I've encounter for quite a while now. Really interested if those issues are only on my side or not?

First, on Nords, I've seen some transparent objects in the apex area.
    Made a video, so it can be spotted easier:

Simply look at the 2nd apex of the corner. This was the regular Nordschleife 2020 layout. Think there are even more of them on the 24h layout.

Here is also a picture of it:

Next thing is, that on Nordschleife, as soon as I reach "Wehrseifen" Corner, the left part of my VR Image starts to shake somehow? Hard to describe. Best it is spotted in VR itself on the metal bar at the left side window. Also the track is flickering heavily in that area aswell, best seen at the asphalt and the white lines. Sadly this one can not be seen very well on a recorded video. After a couple of corners, its fine again. So simply something very specific to that part of the track.

But here, also a picture at what area it is most visible for me (no matter what car I drive):

Third and last, since I think a long time, I've simply got random screen freezes, which are not track or car related as it seems and are not tied to a specific location. This also can be spotted on a recording luckily, so here are a few examples:

Easiest is here, right at the end of the corner:

here, about 2 seconds after the timestamp:

and here aswell, another bigger one:

As I sometimes can notice many popup objects, it feels like this could be some sort of streaming issue?

My hardware should be strong enough, running a Ryzen 5800x3D, 32 GB Ram 3200Mhz, Radeon 6800 XT. Game is installed on a SSD. VR HMD is a HP Reverb G2, game runs with OpenXR at ~60% resolution (resolution thing mainly comes from me driving rf2 endurance races and wanting to have enough headroom for any possible scenario like dawn / night / rain, which can be an issue there, too)

12. EzCheez

EzCheez New Member

is there still no fix for being able to remove hud elements such as the "Live Edit Message" I DONT NEED A LIVE EDIT UPDATE I CAN SEE IT IN MY ICM OR ON MY FREAKNIG DASH IN THE CAR

13. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

If you get blurry vision it is probably motion reprojection kicking in.

14. noel spence

noel spence Member AMS2 Club Member

no it happens with a solid 90fps its fine in single player ,it only happens in multi

I have a feeling its the internet connections when there a lot of people racing from around the world , and me being from australia with a high ping ,but only guessing cheers anyway

15. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There's a new openxr available in windows store and it's working great on my G2.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

More info on it here:
    OpenXR Tools for Windows Mixed Reality update in the store (4/14)

Only issue I've come across is that if you enable 'Prefer frame rate over latency' then some games can hang for up to a minute or so on startup or shutdown. I haven't seen it affect AMS2 yet. If you're in a hurry you can always disable before launching, then turn it on once launched.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Two options dictate it "Head movement" and "Use legacy head movement".
    For tracks with a lot of banking it is recommend to have "Head movement = 100" and "Use legacy head movement = OFF / 0"

18. SaiBork

SaiBork New Member

It's not been too long since your post, but did you manage to sort this yet? I have these same random stutters. I can run the game at 4k 300 fps, but still get these random stutters. In VR (also Reverb G2) it's especially noticeable but as it's random it's hard to troubleshoot.

I was thinking to test more without VR and run MSI Afterburner and Rivatuner to show more information on the screen while testing a race, but the computer I use for racing only has 1 screen, so makes it trickier to get all the information easily visible.

19. SimRacingJunckie

SimRacingJunckie New Member

I recently got a Quest Pro and I'm wondering if Open XR works with Oculus products in AMS2 and if yes how to get it working and did somebody try the eye tracked foveated rendering with it? I got it working in ACC and the performance increase is pretty good. With ACC I use open composite and open the steam VR version but this doesn't work with AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
  20. A.F.K DaN

A.F.K DaN Member AMS2 Club Member

I've not played too much AMS2 recently but after my post tried plenty of things to improve the situation, with nothing really helping.

Tried disabling HPET which I think at least improved the situation by a tiny bit, but still having all the issues stated. What I'm wondering most, was having fps issues on long beach last corner, while I already know that it worked better for me with less hardware, even could do a night race on it.
    As I'm not having issues on other games and sims, I come more and more to the conclusion that something is borked with AMS2, or at least in specific combination with some hardware. I'm seeing so many people praising how good VR on AMS2 is, but I simply can't replicate that. For me rF2 runs by miles better, without any issues now, even on the most heaviest online endurance scenarios. No way I could get there with AMS2 right now.