Automobilista 2 Mods!!!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by ZeferinoCoutinho, Jan 4, 2021.

1. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I haven't done any long runs, so I'm not sure about pitting, etc. but the AI was fine on some short 5 lap sprints.

2. morpwr

morpwr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It did for me with the FInter

• Like Like x 1
  3. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

is there any option for auto "yes" in JSGME? it will save our time..

4. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

One thing I'd like is to be able to save some activation profiles... So I can activate certain mods for certain situations as well as turn them on and off in one go...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Somehow I Love that track

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Valle1950

Valle1950 Belgium AMS2 Club Member

When updating the bootfiles I've lost all cars, the vehiclelist.lst has removed all entry's. Do we always have to update them when updating the bootfiles or am I doing something wrong?

7. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Need to update every time

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

yeah, best thing is to make seperate files with the vehiclelist/tracklist/driveline entries, and paste those in the respective files that come with the new bootfiles, those files are always included with them.
    this way you can easily copy/paste those lines again after an update, if you still have the old bootfiles in your MODS folder, you can copy/paste the entries from the files in there, otherwise you will need to do them again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Full Pace

Full Pace Full Pace Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I just installed some mods but i don't have any interiors. the game is not crashing though. it just look s like bonnet cam... what did I do wrong?

10. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Try deactivating the bootfiles, verifying the integrity of the game’s files with Steam, making absolutely sure you have the latest bootfiles, reactivating them and try again. Worked for me recently.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Roy Niessink

have you tried using the switch camera key/button, as some cars put you in a different camera view then cockpit

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Full Pace

Unfortunately this didn't work. on all mod cars the interior is still missing and i also can't change the camera on mod cars. really weird. I started from scratch and created new text files. no luck so far...

The bootfiles I use are from project cars modding team
    I didn't find any news files...

13. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Inability to change views is a sign of outdated mods. Have you downloaded them recently or are you trying to reactivate them after a long time?

14. Full Pace

Thanks for info, they are indeed a bit older. I‘m going to re-download them right now

• Like Like x 1
  15. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Can anybody get a valid lap time on the Sugo mod track? It invalidates every lap, even if I drive carefully and completely in the middle of the road. I suspect it may be the blocked off chicane just before the finish line.

16. Roy Niessink

They mentioned on their page i think to turn of tracklimit penalties when using that track

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Completely missed that. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  18. RockyTM

RockyTM Modder AMS2 Club Member

Why would you want to do that? In what scenario would that be useful?

When it comes to JSGME, its use is pretty optional. Its way faster to just copy the files into Automobilista folder. The only thing you need to do is backup and remove physicspersistence.bff.

19. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So I finally dug deep into all the mods and have to say all that I have tried are pretty good! Not a real hassle to install either but I had experience installing mods on GP4 which was a pain as well as the Elder Scroll games.

Sugo works fine although the live track doesn't work visually (to be expected) you can se the rain spray and the track wetness will change but the track appears dry (weirdly on the virtual mirror it appears wet).
    Also can you customize the AI drivers of the mods? If so a heads up on how to do it would be appreciated. Cant seem to find the livery ID of the mod cars and I have no idea if you have to activate the custom AI after creating them via JSGME.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
  20. Beezer215

Beezer215 Member

So what you can do without having to disable and then reenable bootfiles, is either keep different versions of, or remove entries to the vehicle.lst and/or track.lst. Once bootfiles are enabled, it puts these files in their respective places within the AMS2 root folder. You can leave the rest of the car enabled but the content will not load if it isn't on this list. Not sure why you want this but this is a possible work around.

Putting tracks in AMS2 is still pretty new, while some features of AMS2 can be added, others cannot. One example is the track map or having the game tell you to give back a position while passing someone during a race with rolling starts enabled. Which by the way, you can ignore that countdown when you pass someone. It won't give you a penalty. It just disappears.
    I'm pretty sure you can customize the drivers of mod cars. I know that Didouc adds folders for custom drivers on his mod cars. Contacting or leaving a comment on the webpage might get an answer for you as to the folder structure needed to make custom drivers. I don't know off hand.