A compliment and question regarding ai

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GodzillaGTR, Mar 27, 2023.

1. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I primarily race the F Reiza and do offline championships. For some reason this "season" I am fighting tooth and nail with "Fernando Alonso" and this race I am posting below is one of the most epic I have ever had.

Fernando and I were basically never more than a half second apart the whole race and I had an amazing time. Now my question is in regards to DRS and KERs and the logic of the ai using it. As far as I can tell, Fernando only used it once and it was certainly at a key time (the 2nd last lap) and he blew right by me. I would have expected it to be used a lot more though given our crazy close proximity. Do the ai not always use DRS if available? And also, thank you for this amazing ai. This is my "go to" offline game.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GodzillaGTR

FYI ai was set to 105% and max aggression if that matters.

3. gian

gian Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

In your replay we can see he used the DRS every lap when within the DRS zones when less than 1 sec behind (after lap 3 when it become allowed).

4. GodzillaGTR

Thank you for the reply. I wasn't sure I could trust the replay as it isn't accurate when it comes to certsin things. Since I was never using DRS until he passed me it just seems odd he struggled to pass me. When I used it the one time, I ate him alive.
    Is it perhaps an ai setup issue where their rear wing is maxed or something?

5. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The AI open their DRS but it doesn't seem to do much, dont know if they just hit the limiter or what, but they dont get the speed bump the player does.Thats why Fernando never managed to get a run on you on the last straight even with DRS, when he overtook you, it wasn't because of DRS, you just overshoot the hairpin and he got a much better exit, it had nothing to do with DRS.

It's an issue in AI to AI battles as well, the DRS seem to be just for cosmetic reasons for the AI, it does work for the player, but I dont think it does for the computer, shame because I do love the AI, hope they can fine tune that in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  6. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've often questioned the AI's use of boost or push-to-push in those cars that offer that feature. I've had many races in such cars where I've used it (when I remember it's available) and suddenly get a clear speed boost over all the AI cars around me, but the AI never seem to use it to counter that or blast past me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

The AI is of AMS2 is not bad but I would like to see them defend more.

• Agree Agree x 1