Automobilista 2 Mods!!!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by ZeferinoCoutinho, Jan 4, 2021.

1. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree with your assessment. I took it around old Spa (1000km layout) for the first time and did a 4:05 on a learning lap. The fastest lap in the 1963 Spa 500km was 4:07 so there's plenty of room for improving the mod.

I hope the upcoming old Nürburgring inspires some more vintage mods! If nothing else, I hope Reiza brings out another vintage car or two so there are more sets of tires for modders to work with.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

So seeing that RD is such a PITA to work with for AMS2 and the whole Porsche buyout puts them in a precarious spot making money off of other brands IP through the ads on the site... I'm looking for a new place for mods and skins...

Does anyone have any ideas other than starting my own website? I'm not keen on that idea as I would also like to be able to recommend the site to others who need an alternative to RD...

3. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

RD is the only racing game centric mod site that I know of. There is Nexus Mods but thats more of an RPG games site, though they do host racing games, they are more well know for RPG's. Not many good choices unfortunately, others are full of ads and/or rather dubious.

4. Scar666

I had forgotten about Nexus mods...

A few years ago there were so many choices on this front... Now most of them that I knew of are ghost towns... And I do want to avoid anything as advert heavy as RD is...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

I use Mozilla Firefox with uBlock Origin Ad -blocker and see no adverts!:)

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I installed Sugo and Brno and I really like the tracks. Unfortunately, I don't see the texture of the building (the buildings are white). I do see the trees. What should I do so the buildings are shown correctly?

7. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

It's the way for sites to make money, if everyone used adblock then they wouldn't make any money and those websites would not exist at all.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

you can do it like me, after leaving RD.
    Create a discord with a good structure, strict permissions and some moderations to keep some hot and crazy weirdos cool and the channels clean ;) .
    Advertise it here and in your signature and you'll get a growing community.
    "The AMS2 Skinning Project" (link below) has now more than 700 members with daily more.
    Rob Thomsen from Reiza is also sometimes there and gives advice. Very welcome :)
    I'm sure a dedicated "AMS2 mods" discord will have more than 1000 in a short time.
    As i repeatedly say " Who needs RD " o_O

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  9. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I am on your Discord, but on RD, too. Have no problem with that.;)
    Most livery mods of the discord have been uploaded on RD, too.

Found Racedepartment in 2009 or 10 and got a lot of stuff for several games there. In addition, a lot of help was provided by some users when I had troubles with my own modding.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
  10. Scar666

There definitely needs to be a more unified place for AMS2 mods... But I'm stuck at this point...

That's not something I want to do even if I got paid to do it... lol

I shouldn't have to warn people or walk them through the process of getting it to work without dealing with the "unblock us" stuff...

I've had enough complaints about that sharing my skins over there as it is...

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I will check if I can do something in a future update. Tires are a very difficult thing to handle for mods, we only can use existing ones.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Do the modders have the ability to modify AI speed (are there AIW type files)? At Sugo, the AI go noticeably slow at the final corner, so it's very easy to pass handfuls of them in one go.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Possible way of expanding number of paintschemes for cars:
    Is it possible to add the "same" car to an exiting car class and with that cheeky move increase the number of liveries for the class ?
    Brazil Stock Cars 1999 for example are limited to only 20 cars, but adding the exact same cars as if it was "another car" would then make it a total of 40 ?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Steve Young

Steve Young Active Member

That seems to be what ThunderFlash's is doing... plenty of GT3's in multiple groups...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Asked that some time ago, too. I'm interested to make liveries for the 1993 CART season but they only used the Lola chassis so I'd need much more Lola chassis in the F-USA Gen 1 class.

16. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

17. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope that at some point the Brno and Sugo tracks can be fixed with their current bugs (pit doors shut at Brno, Sugo with its false cut detection at last corner). It's very cool to have them, and I don't want to take ANYTHING away from the modders who are doing this for free. But they are two tracks I would love to race at, specially online. And at the moment that's not possible unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

YEP.
    But there are only 2 ways.
    Either wait until the end of days or move your a$$. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Out of curiosity, what sort of tools would Reiza need to release to modders to make Live Track work on mods?

I would guess the rubbering, dirt, and drying is some sort of dynamic process, but would the puddles and overall rain simulation need some sort of separate simulation baked into the track files? The only good metaphor would be "light-maps vs. ray tracing," calculating the more intensive simulation offline and saving on resources in real time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. RockyTM

RockyTM Modder AMS2 Club Member

Did you install pc2 common trees pack? the PC2_common_3D_trees