Automobilista 2 Mods!!!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by ZeferinoCoutinho, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Good luck in re-creating the physics ...for this Dirt-Devils:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

The way to mod cars atm negates this...

As you create a new car...

If the lobby host doesn't have the mod car the person with the mod car can't get in with it as the game won't be searching for it...

To cheat the game is probably possible, but the game always goes to vanilla structure first... Even with textures... So if you use the same lines to import a different set of physics the game will default to what's in the stock set until you change the pointers, and even then the stock version of the file gets picked up with the original pointers... So to get it to work properly you'd have to create a new car still...

There's probably some cheater out there whose figured out how to hack the physics without JSGME... But that's not modding...

I do find it very amusing that the first car people go to is a DLC car which they obviously shouldn't be touching... Using DLC models takes money away from Reiza...

Stock content on the other hand... That's fair game to mod...

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Scar666

Outside of the tyres... That's easy work for anyone who's touched physics in other games... :whistle:

4. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is one player confirmed to have hacks and know how cheating works, but I won't complain given he gave Reiza the radar HUD tool. I've only seen two incidents of online hacks in the 3 years since launch, and they were the same player.

5. Scar666

I thought they were a new hire and the HUD was part of the hire... So I naturally thought they'd be working on closing those loopholes... But now I'm confused on the matter... lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I could be remembering it wrong. :oops:

7. KRRTDustin

KRRTDustin Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Good progress on my upcoming F1 Mod. I'm trying to have the Cockpit very realistic. So there will be cables and stuff! ;)
    Who can spot the hint which Car it is?
    Aston Martin AMR23 Render 1.png

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

9. RockyTM

RockyTM Modder AMS2 Club Member

I see there are a lot of questions about CM, JSGME, bootfiles and whatnot.

This is a breakdown of how the mods are integrated into AMS2, what is changed, and how you can make sure everything works.

This guide is primary for those who want to know the inner workings of applying mods to AMS2, and don't want to bother with CM or JSGME for that matter.

First the function of the bootfiles:
    The bootfiles are practically just adding a bunch of files, that are normally hidden in archives, and make it possible to add modded content.
    They only do 3 thing.
    Copy all the files in the bootfiles folder to the folder structure.
    Delete the Pakfiles\physicspersistent.bff file.
    Replaces Pakfiles\bootflow.bff file.
    That's it.

As a good practice when you start to mod the game, you can make your own small mod for the files that are frequently changed, namely the tracklist.lst, vehiclelst.lst and the driveline.rg file.
    Make your own "MOD" with these file.
    It would look like this:
    My Changes
    ├───Tracks
    │ └───_data
    │ tracklist.lst

└───Vehicles
    │ vehiclelist.lst

└───physics
    └───driveline
    driveline.rg

When you add mods, add the entries from the included readme files to the end of the files after inserting a MOD section header like this ##########MY MODS #############
    Any time you add a mod, just copy the content of the mod, as described below, and these three files again after adding the necessary entries, into ams2 folder, overwriting, and all is good. No need to "activate" and "deactivate" anything.

If your game has been patced by REIZA, and there are new bootfiles published, getting your mods going again is really easy.

Just copy the content of the new bootfiles into ams2 folder structure, overwriting everything and delete the Physicspersistent.bff file.
    Then, copy the content of the 3 files above from the new boot files into your 3 files, above your #MY MODS# heading, and your files are up to date.
    Finally copy in the content of your My Changes folder, and you are back in business.

MODS.
    All the mods are just new files and folders to the AMS structure. To apply a mod, edit the two files for cars, and the one file for tracks in your "My Changes" folder, and copy the content of the mod into your AMS Folder. Lastly copy in the content of your "My changes" folder with the changed files, and you are done.
    Rinse and repeat for any new mod.

If you have the disk space, you can always keep two copies of AMS2 in your steamapps\common\ folder.
    One called Automobilista 2_MODS and one Automobilista 2_Original. You can apply all your mods to the mods folder, and keep the original if you need to start over.
    Rename the one you want to play to Automobilista 2.
    (Or just delete everything, and download AMS again, none of your settings are in the Steam folder structure.)

You can even Just copy the content of all the mods you download (both cars and tracks) into a "All my mods" folder, and apply all the mods in one copy operation into AMS2. All the mods have an identical folder structure, and this folder will basically just be a giant mod.

If you want to disable a MOD from showing up in the game, simply comment out the entry with a # in the vehiclelist.lst or in the tracklist.lst.

IF there is an update to a mod, just copy the content of the mods folder into the AMS2 folder, overwriting everything, and done, updated in 10 seconds.

When you copy MODS into the AMS2 folder structure, make sure you start at the correct folder level. The folders you copy should correspond to the folders already present in AMS2 folder.

So, these folder are the ones you typicaly copy in all the time.
    Automobilista 2
    ├───animation
    ├───cameras
    ├───characters
    ├───effects
    ├───GUI
    ├───Pakfiles
    ├───tracks
    └───Vehicles

That's all the there is to applying mods to ams2. IF you are low on diskspace, and need to selectively add and remove mods, a mod manager is what you want to use.

-RockyTM-

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

I've read that the mods installed, when the update comes, could give problems to AMS2:
    Is it true?
    Just deactivate them, uninstall them?
    Can the JSGME exe file be left in the AMS2 root folder?
    Thank you
    :)

11. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

you must deactivate b4 updating
    leave the exe in AMS2 root

12. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Many thx Wolfang Herold
    :)

13. projupiter

projupiter Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow, looking forward to see what you come up with. I don't if possible in some way, but I think some people including myself would like a transparent halo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Absolutely, yes! On a monitor it's almost not fun because you can't see around it. I believe VR is different though.

15. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes in VR you really don't notice at all.

• Like Like x 1
  16. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

It's an Aston Martin, based on the steering wheel. Which one? No idea.

17. Yerffej

Yerffej Active Member

I would say the AMR 23 ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. RockyTM

RockyTM Modder AMS2 Club Member

Doesnt matter. The mods are just a bunch of files, and the update overwrites bootflow.bff, effectively disabling all mods.. No need to do anything. Read my post above.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. KRRTDustin

KRRTDustin Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We have a winner! ;)
    And it won't be the only F1 2023 Car I will be releasing. When I'm done with the Aston I will start another one. Which one remains to be seen.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 4
  20. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

*deleted*