Automobilista Time Trial Challenge - Season Completed!

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

When running the TToW combo do you have both sets of times displayed in the garage timing screen? ie the normal global board and the TToW board.

2. diabolus79

diabolus79 New Member

I see the global board and I'm on 51st, there is no option to switch to TTOW if there should be one.

I open Automobilista, select the car and then Time Trial as it is stated on your Twitter account, am I doing something wrong?

3. Sando75

Sando75 New Member

@diabolus79 I made a short video showing how to enter the Time Trial, and you'll see the TTOW leaderboard if everything is done correctly:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Sando75

Sando75 New Member

Is it possible to make requests for future Time Trial rounds? If so, Bathurst with Super V8's would be a nice inclusion and anything around Adelaide would be fun too:) I am a bit biased though, I'm from Adelaide and as it is a street circuit, I get to drive on it often. Within the speed limit of course:)

5. diabolus79

diabolus79 New Member

Thanks for the effort man, I follow the exact steps but this video is the first time I've ever seen the TTOW button.

I checked the file integrity, there is no problem there, I'm sure that I'm running the latest version of the game and not the beta.

At least now we know the culprit, I hope Reiza guys will find a solution to this. Thanks again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dave Stephenson

We have a set schedule to cover as much content as possible during the competition. We aren't exposing them until a few days before so that people don't have too much of a preparation advantage.

When competitions aren't running we do take suggestions and have votes some weeks. You can keep an eye here in the forums or on twitter for the latest on those when the time comes.

The fact that you don't see that button points towards the game failing to contact vx. Can you double check that your firewall/av etc allows outbound connections from AMS.exe on port 80 please.

@Sando75 thanks for the video!

• Like Like x 1
  7. diabolus79

diabolus79 New Member

Thanks for your answer, I set a rule on outbound connections for any type and all ports but it didn't work. I also have other rule sets for inbound connections set automatically by Automobilista. I guess I'm out of luck.

Attached Files:

• a.JPG
      a.JPG
      File size:
      165.7 KB
      Views:
  8. Antonio Castagna

Antonio Castagna Active Member

For the next TT i would have preferred the full version of Brands Hatch instead of the short version ... at least it would have been more fun and varied, lately only short tracks ...

9. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

I can't make YouTube videos, but if anyone is interested, here goes my lap's replay:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Sando75

Sando75 New Member

Just to confirm that the firewall is not the issue, even though you've already created an outbound rule, can you temporarily disable the firewall and try again?

11. Sando75

Sando75 New Member

I really want to watch this, but it's not opening with VLC or Media Player. I need to find a player that will open it:(

12. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

It isn't a video file, it is an AMS replay file. You should put it in the Replay Fridge folder and open AMS to watch it. Top right corner, if you never saw the icon before.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Tim O'Glock

Tim O'Glock Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I made a video comparing Heitor's fastest lap with mine. It's very interesting that the lap times are so similar despite our driving styles being vastly different.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Antonio Castagna

Admins, when you update the ranking ?

15. Dave Stephenson

Sorry for the delay on this, all being well, there should be something in place ready for this weeks results.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. diabolus79

diabolus79 New Member

Nope it didn't work either, no TTOW button.

Reiza guys, any more suggestions?

17. Antonio Castagna

In this TT at BH Indy you can cut every turn with 2 wheels over the curbs ... In some tracks the anticut system works well, here it is obvious that it don't work almost at all ...
    Who win here, the most fast driver or the most good cutter ? :mad::mad::mad:

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. jose46lopez

jose46lopez Active Member

You should always see the same drivers in front, under any circumstances, so there is no problem. The thing to do is complain less and accelerate more. Sorry google translate;);)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Race Fanatic

Race Fanatic Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I never understand why ppl complain about track limits, especially in an event like this, you find out quickly how much you're allowed to cut and then you make the best of it, easy as that! I also think Reiza are fairly consistent with track limits where kerb is counted as part of the track and where atleast 2 wheels needs to stay on the kerb. Then you can obviously discuss if this is where the limit should be, but for me it makes no difference.

• Agree Agree x 7
  20. Antonio Castagna

It was just a clarification that you can make a very low time cutting in all the turns ... who has put a reaction to my previous post obviously don't know how to run without cutting halfway.