Reiza and racecraft.online?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by roszman, May 3, 2023.

1. Mystikal

Mystikal New Member

Racecraft is a great way to improve the numbers on the online servers. We need to have these kind of initiatives to make it work better for all of us. New tracks or new cars will not improve or create bigger player base. Racecraft has it in it to make this change, although it is still in early development.

• Like Like x 5
  2. BartHalligan

BartHalligan New Member

I'm loving RCO. It's so impressive already and is getting so many people pumped up about AMS 2 again.

With that and the new updates things are getting very exciting at the moment

• Like Like x 5
  3. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I mean, dont wanna be that guy, but this thread reminds me of these old informercial with "real" people talking about how great their product is.

Nothing against you roszman, I browsed your page and it looks pretty good, I just dont play online. But I am finding all these post too funny, sorry, :D.

• Disagree Disagree x 12
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Love it super simple and does what it say's...Just race too many loop holes (love the idea) but it's pretty buggy

• Like Like x 1
  5. roszman

roszman Well-Known Member

totally getting you :D

I've asked my discord and ams reddit to thumb up or drop a comment here only IF they think that Reiza and racecraft is good idea.

I dont know all those people, all I know is that these people are AMS2 drivers who would like to race online in structured way.

EDIT
    I know some of those guy, we've chatted on few ocassions. But I believe that those responses are honest, I didn't pay them or anything :)

Last edited: May 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 10
  6. Emir_de_Passy

Emir_de_Passy Member

RCO is absolutely a blessing from ams2. Though I respect Reiza and their work, I think they didn't proceed in the right sequence. I.e: they kept adding tracks and cars to an already decent library instead of focusing of fixing MP modes. I think having a robust MP mode first, with that decent library would have generated more traction and Ams2 might have been more popular by now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Emir_de_Passy

Emir_de_Passy Member

If all you do is using the SP mode, then you're probably not as frustrated as an MP user can be. Sp modes could be better but at least they work. You can't possibly know the frustration an MP user can experience. Which is why efforts like racecraft are so valuable. Believe me,no need for fake reviews. There are hundreds of excited users at the idea of a well functioning multiplayer option with Ams2. In my opinion, that's the only thing that keeps the Sim from becoming popular. Of course, I would love stronger SP options as well.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. codeREDsim

codeREDsim Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is just what AMS2 needs for anyone that wants to race with real people casually. If the devs can improve multiplayer stability, this is a great tool to ensure good quality ranked safe racing. Well done @roszman

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

I get what you mean :D

Anyway, you can believe me or not, being an "SP only" guy myself, I totally replaced my single player sessions in AMS2 for RCO. It really is so much fun to race well behaved human drivers, even with mixed AI bots in the way.

I occasionaly raced online in public lobbies, and the experience always was and is the same: You have two good races for eight disasters, plus it's hard to find at least mid populated lobbies at my timezone AND time of day I can sit on my rig.

What RCO provided me is a service with structured and hourly scheduled races so I can have a couple interesting drives when I have the time to play AMS2. In the last week I had more fun and clean races than I ever had in public lobbies since AMS2 came to life three years ago.

So yes, I love RCO so far :p

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@roszman, in this video it is stated that the servers will give region priority, however I don't think that it is how it works in AMS2. Where the dedi server is started from is irrelevant, I thought.

With this current P2P system, AMS2 actually would elect the first joiner as the server's host, which means that player's computer and location is where the server data is computed from.

i.e.: I'm currently in Brazil and I register for a race with 19 players from the USA. racecraft.online will start the dedi server in the USA just fine. However, if I happen to be the first one to join, the "server" (host) will be my computer here in Brazil.

If I'm not mistaken, this is one of the main reasons why LFM did not pick up AMS2, even though it was heavily requested by its user base.

Or maybe you found a neat way to overcome such issue?

• Like Like x 2
  11. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think what happens is that the players are grouped by region for practise servers, so that only people local to each other are in that session, so no matter who joins first, they will be local(ish) to you. Unless i've misunderstood this?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried a practice session today and I quite liked how the system works

for some reason in my phone I get logged off every time I refresh the page but apart from that, great experience

hopefully your efforts don’t go unnoticed

Last edited: May 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Full Pace

Full Pace Full Pace Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Great system! Go for it Reiza

• Like Like x 2
  14. TacticalNuclearPingu

TacticalNuclearPingu Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is what I’m interested in finding out. As neat as this system sounds, the dedi is the Achilles heel (same roadblocks as the plethora of services which have come before like SGP and LFM).

From what I understand, the dedi acts as a middle man and assigns the P2P server head to the first driver into the “lobby”. What this means is that anyone - I.e. someone with an unknown connection strength - can become the head. And that has obvious ramifications to the server stability even within the same locale.

I remain sceptical of any service’s ability to handle grids of 16 or so up, unless there’s been some breakthrough OP has managed. Would be good if they have. Interim feedback from some of the guys in our discord who have tried it suggests there’s a lot of server lag and player disconnects which are hallmarks of the dedi.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Theoloop

Theoloop Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Main issue is the dedi backbone for services such as these. You're not the first to offer something like this and won't be the last. The idea of splits are great but the sim doesn't have the player base for that yet, so you're just further separating the already small grids that are present. As of now there's a lot of hype cause the service just came out, but it'll taper just like the hype from SGP did and the others. I love the idea of a service like this wether it's integrated with ams2 or not. But first the dedi needs to be made to run reliably for it to be viable, then a stable online will bring in more players, then it'll be time for splits. Just my thoughts.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not sure about that. The grid isn't very small. I routinely race with 10 cars sometimes more. I suppose it's not huge compared to some other titles but hell of a lot better than 2-3 which was a norm.

17. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That would be an interesting take and could mitigate the issue in some scenarios, but it still falls in the p2p trap: there is no guarantee the host has a fast/stable enough connection.

Unfortunately it is what it is. From day zero to today, there is no indication it will change anytime soon, or ever.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

This is pretty gosh daRn cool.
    I'm having a blast with it.
    Can't wait to bust my way out of this rookie content though haha. All my ratings are where they need to be, but i have only done 2 races.

That is what makes it interesting for me. Working my way towards the stuff i want to drive, and getting some ratings for it along the way.

Not to mention, it is a great way to organize and get stuff going.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Thiago Bittencourt Bruno

Thiago Bittencourt Bruno Skkylo in Ams2 Lobbys

RCO its a great third party! This can change everthing about ams2 being lack on competitive multiplayer! I rlly hope that Reiza contatact u about this service! Best of luck!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Last edited: May 4, 2023
    • Dislike x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1