Help - Does AMS2 drivers really want to race online?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by roszman, Feb 26, 2023.

1. roszman

roszman Well-Known Member

Hi, look closely at race series card on the website, you will find all info there ;)

Generally races are every hour, except one.

EDIT
    Welcome in racecraft.online btw ;)

Last edited: May 2, 2023
  2. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yesterday, I registered to race at 8pm EST... but no one showed up yet... perhaps, more users are needed.

Suggestion: Make sure the UI shows how often the race runs (like you said, every hour). I have not see it in the UI which is really important otherwise people will skip the process since their time frame might be "past" already and not know that it will run again.

Good job @roszman , it's coming along great.

3. roszman

Race frequency is shown on UI, maybe it's not prominent enough. I will think about it, thx ;)

4. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Just ran my first race, really nice setup roszman! Great to see some traction, and I will definitely be back :cool:

One piece of feedback: For me, a +/-20minute race would be more preferred, also for the rookies. (but hey, taste...)

• Like Like x 2
  5. IssaP

IssaP New Member AMS2 Club Member

I did my first races today, really great service and the adaptive AI is working great if there are too few human drivers!

I have a suggestion for the race schedule: in my opinion it would be better to do the races every 35 or 40 minutes instead of every hour. This way if you only want to race a specific car you have a break of ~5-10 minutes after each race and then can go directly into the next one.

I see that the current schedule is timed so that you can go from one car to the others (e.g. Formula Inter at 20:00 and then Copa Classic B at 20:30 and after that Formula Inter again and so on). So for my idea to work I would suggest to let all races start at the same time, this way you can use the short break to decide if you want to switch cars or not.

Edit: I just saw that the races are longer for Bronze and up, so my suggestion is only valid for the Rookie races with 8min quali + 12min races, which in total roughly last 30 minutes (extra laps, time between quali and race, cooldown lap). However the general idea still works, for each series calculate/try out how long a complete quali+race takes, add 5-10min as a break between races and make this the schedule.

Last edited: May 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  6. VFX Pro

My bad... you are correct.

• Like Like x 1
  7. VFX Pro

@roszman How are you paying for all the servers if the service is free? Are you working on a paid service or via advertising? Are all the server spun up in the cloud? if yes, what region? or is the region determine by the region of the user demanding a practice server to lower the ping?

• Like Like x 2
  8. VFX Pro

@roszman I really like the warning in the practice about a race that I have subscribed... like iRacing. Great move!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So it predictably turned out to be a dumb question :confused:
    Pretty self explanatory after all. Thanks mate.
    BTW, you've done some great work. I really enjoyed online racing tonight. I'll be a regular for sure!
    Dzięki :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. VFX Pro

@roszman I wish the races would use "laps" instead of time... remove the hassle of figure out fuel when you might have 2 laps left to qualify... If it's time based, the user must know the consumption and the fuel tank capacity..

Last edited: May 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  11. BartZ

I use crew chief during practice / qualifying to get fuel consumption per lap. Since lap time is well imprinted in my memory form chasing it in qualifying I just estimate race fuel quantity

• Like Like x 1
  12. roszman

Paying from my own pocket atm, people are suggesting Patreon or something, I will think about that.

Yes cloud, servers are all over the world, denpends on the region you choosed during registration.

Jump in to RCO discord Join the racecraft.online Discord Server! there is "what to improve" forum, just drop your ideas there ;)

13. thegreatradish

thegreatradish New Member

Well, I got the chance to try it out last night - only registration and a bit of practice as of yet because I'm not fit to race at Cadwell Park :D Very impressed, not just with the potential (which is huge) but how well it's working already, very smooth sign up process and simple to use. AMS2 itself crashed a couple of times when loading but that's not from your side.

You wouldn't be able to say, but I hope Reiza have been in touch with you ;)

EDIT: What a coincidence, just saw your other thread...

14. roszman

I can say. I am trying to reach Reiza since around 1 year, but or I am being ignored, or my messages do not reach them.

I've just created this thread: Reiza and racecraft.online?

Give me some thumbs up and good comments there if you think that RCO and Reiza is a good match ;)

thx

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Bob thing

Bob thing New Member

Love to see tighter intergration with ams2... played the last four hours 4 races, and much more motivated practice... great system :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. BartZ

Will I ever be a contender for P1? :(
    Here's a background : I'm not super fast but I'm OK. Often finish P2 or P3 in competitive grids or at least I find myself fighting for a podium. My consistency is pretty good. In a properly competitive race I'm nowhere near P1. I mean rediculous deltas. The thing is I'm not into tinkering with setups, never have been. It's hard enough to make time for a bit of evening racing without dedicating hours to fine tuning a car. As a result I always drive stock.
    My question is, is there any chance for a stock setup to win a competitive race or should I give up on the dream?

17. VFX Pro

IMHO, stock setup is a 3rd place podium contender on some cars.

18. BartZ

Yea, that's how it's shaping up for me.

19. VFX Pro

1st and 2nd place will require some level of setup tuning for the current weather (Radiator/brakes) and fuel usage at a minimum...

20. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

@roszman
    Now as the youtuber promoted RCO and the number of servers raised up to the sky, how can you afford the costs?:confused: