Reiza and racecraft.online?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by roszman, May 3, 2023.

1. roszman

roszman Well-Known Member

Btw, RCO got almost 2000 new drivers during last 7 days ;)

People want to race ;) Are we doing something or not?

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I signed up right away. I'm not an online gamer because I'm bad and my life is already full. But I will try tonight if I find other low level pilot . Just one thing I didn't understand. How is the link made in RCO and AMS2? once I click on practice, what happens? what should I do ? Thanks

3. Sputafuoco

Sputafuoco Member

• Like Like x 2
  4. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

my exams wont allow for a week or two sadly

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. roszman

roszman Well-Known Member

I was more reffering to Reiza :D but yeah, let's do some racing in the mean time. I will do my best to keep RCO alive till your exams ends ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And I will go on vacation next week for 3 weeks... But I will follow online how it goes on with RCO

• Like Like x 1
  7. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Welp, AMS2 being AMS2... tons of disconnections now

• Like Like x 1
  8. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I tested tonight and it works fine. The interface is intuitive. Kudos to the creator.
    But I am a player who plays with the aids and even in rookie, some aids are deactivated (by the way, indicating which aids are authorized on the race panel would be interesting). So we would have to create a "Rookie +++" level lol.
    I think RCO is a great idea that will appeal to a lot of people.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Like many here, I also really enjoy RCO. I haven't been able to race much but what really stands out is the AI. It provides something to do other than hot lapping alone and depending on the time you might actually get a few real people in there. At some point I'm sure Reiza will add custom AI to MP and that'll be really cool too.

One thing I noticed recently is that there are actually people playing online around 10pm PST, which is awesome, as usually sim racing is a ghost town at that time (except for AC and ACC). Looking forward to whatever new features arrive with 1.5.

Keep up the good work! The interface is clean and intuitive, it's easy to hop on and quickly jump into a practice session then a race. It's less "noisy" than some of the other systems that are available.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Twinz

Twinz Member

I finally bought the season pass DLC beacuse of this service. There are some combos I'm unfamiliar with and I prefer to practice in TT where I can watch ghosts from the fastest laps. (in addition to the clean lap challenge practice laps)

• Like Like x 1
  11. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member

I feel like I'm missing something obvious here. I completed a "clean lap challenge" (GT40, Cadwell) yesterday. Today I registered to race in this afternoon's 15:30 Cadwell GT40 race. An RCO 'race' server for this combo appeared at about 15:35 but I was unable to join - it just says "invalid password" and I'm dumped back to the game's main menu.

Is there a step I'm missing? I've not seen any passwords and the server doesn't have a password according to the lobby. I'm logged into RCO's website with Steam, my user name and steam names haven't changed so I'm a bit confused

12. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Did you register for the race?

13. mr_belowski

14. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Did the race split into 2 or more splits?
    When you click join, it will give you the name/number of the server which will be something like RCO.R.1234.

If there are 2 splits then it will create 2 servers with different numbers and you can obviously only join the server you’ve been assigned to.

If it’s not that, then I’ve no idea. It’s always worked for me.

15. mr_belowski

There were only 6 or 7 drivers registered, no server name was given and there was only one rco race server for that combo anyway, but I'll keep my eyes open for server name if I give it another try. Brings back memories of waiting around for an iracing race start time...

16. TheMattyOnline

So, you registered for the race ok. Did you click “join” on the bottom of the RCO website main screen when the server was opened and ready?

After you click join, it will give you the server name/number that you need to join. You can’t just search in the AMS2 server list and join there first.

17. TheMattyOnline

Of course, this would all be so much easier if AMS2 supported joining a server directly from RCO (is it called Sportsplay?)
    But unfortunately it doesn’t so we have to jump a couple of hoops to get around it.

18. mr_belowski

Ah that must be it, user error, thanks Matty.

So the process is, complete the clean lap challenge, register for an upcoming race, wait for the server to appear in the game browser, go to the rco site again and click 'join', and finally enter the server in game

19. TheMattyOnline

Basically yes, although I just wait on RCO’s website. There is a countdown at the bottom for the race you are registered to. Once that reaches zero, it will inform you the server is loading and then will change to a “Join” button which then gives you the server you need to connect to.

20. DazzyD70

DazzyD70 New Member AMS2 Club Member

I've been using RCO since early March - I registered for the 16.00 F-Inter at Cadwell Park. Dropped out of practice server into race server (R.2699) at 16.00 and got an "Invalid password, cannot join lobby" message and missed that race. I also missed an earlier race.

Also saw a not enough virtual server resources message earlier this afternoon, so there could be some issues today?