Reiza and racecraft.online?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by roszman, May 3, 2023.

1. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@roszman I would make the servers again by regions Quality is more important. The server browser is there to organize the servers whether there are now a par more in it does not matter. It even generates advertising for RCO.

2. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried to participate in a race with racecraft twice this weekend but unfortunately it didn't work out twice. The first time I got the error message "Our race servers pool has depleted" and the second time I didn't even know what the problem was. By the way for both series I did three clean laps before so that shouldn't be the problem. Is there some kind of guideline somewhere?

• Like Like x 1
  3. roszman

roszman Well-Known Member

Yeah I know, but there are always two sides of the coin. Something important to you and me can be not so important to others :p

I will observer practice servers count and will react accordingly ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just signed up, looking forward to a bit of scheduled racing. At the bottom it says there's AI 'signed up' too. Are there races without AI too? I'd definitely prefer racing without.

Last edited: May 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  5. roszman

Things will break, I am doing some changes constantly and since I don't have resources for quality control, we're all doing live testing.

Checkout RCO discord for support and/or try RCO again, it seems to be stable today ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. roszman

If there are 6 or more drivers registered to the race then there will be no AI, and yes there are races with 6 or more drivers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

O.K. that's not funny anymore!

So basically, MP is only for "registered users" of a third party from now on?
    That's what I wouldl call an unfriendly takeover.
    ss172421.jpg

• Disagree Disagree x 13
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. roszman

Lol :D

Takeover of what exactly? So any leagues, SGP, JR, password protected servers are all unfriendly takeover? :D
    RCO is league of some kind it only fault is that it becomes popular...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If a third party is providing a better online service, then Reiza need to up their game or collaborate with @roszman.

• Agree Agree x 8
  10. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it not simply a case of someone providing a much better pick up and race service, where you can get clean, ranked racing with points, seasons, licenses and progression?

If it’s proving popular, I’d say that’s positive, not a negative.

• Agree Agree x 7
  11. roszman

Sorry for my reaction @McClutch , I just can't comprehend your tought process.

12. roszman

So it seems that I get myself trolled. Nice one ;)

13. roszman

I get your point, thing is that MP third party thing can be run behind the scenes.
    I can provide race servers infrastructure and all backend services for Reiza without any need for players to go trough RCO website.

Overall no matter if Reiza will respond to me or not we're all winners already ;)
    Or Reiza will deliver their own multiplayer or we'll continue to use RCO for online racing.

Last edited: May 9, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

Then there would be tons of bugs contained in an ugly interface.
    An outsourced RCO that is accessable by any internet browser makes much more sense than ingame.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

what’s actually happening here is more a study in human behaviour. because there’s nothing massively new in the
    is third party service , and like some others that offered similar stuff, it was floundering with no uptake.
    It’s still essentially the in game multiplayer , and all that’s happening is all of a sudden some marketing has caught enough people to start hearding into the same paddock .

rather than have 6 different lobbies running the same generic Gt3 races with only 2-3 people in each .
    all of a sudden there’s acceptance of some more unique combos. and motivation to learn a different car.

And the heard is now attracting more from other pastures.

it’s a positive for players and reiza , it’s helping increase numbers for sure.
    but i’m sure Reiza have been working on something for a quiet a while . so they can’t just abandon that and it’s probably not that different.
    Time will tell .

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Michael Croshaw

Michael Croshaw Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Nothing stopping you from using any other multiplayer service is there? This is a frankly unbelievable response. It's a free service provided by someone working their ass off to fill a gap that should have been filled some time ago by Reiza tbh. And you're moaning about it? People really will whinge about anything.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

you all must be talking about some other racecraftonline, the one i go into now and then is as ghost towned as always?, jsut checked now, 18 in one server, 1 in another server and rest empty?

What am i missing?
    upload_2023-5-10_18-32-37.png

• Creative Creative x 1
  18. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Looks like the Rocketeer Sunday Cup is taking place on May 15th and people already signed up. I think it depends on the region, time of day and whether it's during the week or on weekends. I participated in my first race yesterday and there were more than 10 people (EU region).

Everything worked flawlessly btw. Clean laps challenge, then join the race server, no issues here.
    I know, it's still a WIP, maybe a tiny little suggestion. There's no such thing as 24 o'clock. The day ends at 23:59 and the new day starts at 0:00 ^^

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. GeekyDeaks

GeekyDeaks Member AMS2 Club Member

I have only managed to race a few times, but noticed that there seems to be busier periods late afternoon for me (EU TZ). The most populated races I have done so far were in the Rookies, but the more interesting ones have been in the Bronze class, albeit with smaller grids.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

930/1030am in EU on a weekday probably isn't the best time to judge.

• Like Like x 2