AMS - Custom Season Tool feedback & reports

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, May 26, 2017.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Please post your Season Tool related feedback & reports here.

2. CCKaren

CCKaren Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Season tool won't launch, causes a Javascript error. Seems to be looking for the main AMS branch rather than the beta.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Schlitty

Schlitty Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Same issue here with Java errors. Do we need Java installed?

4. CCKaren

From the other thread literally about 5 seconds before my post.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It will now run if the path to AMS.exe has no spaces. It will be fixed to run in all circumstances later today.

6. Renato Simioni

Tool should be working now.

It´s supposed to be fairly intuitive to use - run the tool, select a series to create a custom championship for, customize a calendar for it from all available track layouts, set up the scoring system (including option for separate points for multiple heat results, pole position, laps led), some basic rules and then save when you´re happy with it - your custom championship will then be listed in Championship mode for the series it was based on, and you can further customize it with the usual championship options in-game (opponent cars, opponent strength, race distance, number of heats, quali, tire / wear multipliers etc).

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. CCKaren

It's a lot slicker than I was expecting when you said it was going to be an external program. I was kinda expecting something similar in look to the config tool or the season editor for Nascar Racing 2003. I'd like to see the ability to set different race lengths like Assetto Corsa has in that game's championship creator so as to be able to have race distance by laps be a viable thing (10 laps of Velo Citta is a much longer haul than 10 laps of Velopark). It would also make more sense there having the ability to set different scoring systems for different heats as a round with a sprint race and a main race worth more points would be cool to do. Though I accept that's unlikely to happen with AMS and this tool I'd hope it's at least considered for Reiza17. More realistically I'd like the track list in the calendar section to follow as I scrolled so I can keep an eye on what I have selected without having to move back to the top of the page.

Good job having it work with mods too, I wouldn't have been surprised to be honest if it didn't detect them properly but I tossed a couple of mod tracks and cars into my beta install (which I usually keep mod free) and it picked them up just fine.

One thing I do want to ask about with the tool though is the Safety Car Road Multi option under the rules. What does that actually do because my initial thinking is that it's effectively the chances of a safety car coming out following a crash.

I put some shots of the tool below if anyone's stuck at work and wants to know what it looks like.

977d304718b510a138d70370dcaba3aa.png bcedaec7683186f37e94c73e55607921.png 87795622588b28aab126fdebb2b9134b.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Schlitty

Im not seeing a custom seasons I made in game. Am I doing something wrong or blind/dumb?

Tool looks and flows good though. Only thing that stuck out was scrolling down through the tracks/maps you lose visual of your list as it scrolls away too, so you get no confirmation you added a track you clicked. Like maybe your list of added tracks shouldn't scroll with the tracklist.

9. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

At present it saves to your Automobilista instead of Automobilista Beta user data folder.... So until we fix that be sure to save in Automobilista Beta\CustomSeasons

• Like Like x 1
  10. Schlitty

Works like a charm! Thanks for this. Along with the AI updates this is the feature I've been looking forward to the most. Awesome stuff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Paulo Gomes

Paulo Gomes Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This custom season tool is awesome, very easy and intuitive to setup, tracks from PG crew are working perfectly. In my opinion, is a very good feature for the game ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

That's exactly what it is. The lower the value the more likely it is that an incident will trigger the game to call a full course yellow.

The final version that will be going out in the release (it may have hit beta already though I'm not 100%) has help text for all the settings on the rules page.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

From the other thread:
    I guess that's why the first time I created a custom season it didn't save my track selection.
    I tried it again, F-Reiza, this time I removed all tracks and added the ones I wanted in the order I wanted, saved in the AMS Beta folder and the championship loaded fine in game.
    I'm sure there will be lots of happy players once this feature is added into the main game.

14. gdubmx

gdubmx Member AMS2 Club Member

im getting this error...This is AMS V4 not the beta version
    [​IMG]

15. Renato Simioni

Restart Steam, all your troubles go away :)

16. Paulo Gomes

Paulo Gomes Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I did a integrity check, and the season still doens't work. In the beta works fine, but in the public doens't. The difference between the two, is that beta version is install in local disk C, the same as steam, and the public version in disk D. image

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  17. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I suspect this is a failed read from a series/track file. There should be a hotfix later to cover off this error and get things up and running. You may find that one or more pieces of content (probably a mod) are not available for selection in the tool. If you notice any aren't there then please drop me a message with the details of which they are so I can investigate further.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Atsuki

Atsuki Member AMS2 Club Member

I got this when I try to open the Season tool...

[​IMG]

19. David Spalding

David Spalding New Member AMS2 Club Member

Same here - identical error after scanning content:
    upload_2017-5-30_19-50-31.png

20. Rebellion

Rebellion Member AMS2 Club Member

same here