I do not understand it either

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by David Castiñeiras, Jun 9, 2023.

1. David Castiñeiras

David Castiñeiras New Member

Why are there so few people in the AMS2 lobbies? It's very frustrating...

2. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Not enough GT3 at Spa lobbies... and... ACC does GT3 at Spa way better now.

Or for my case, not enough Group A/DTM cars and tracks from the early 90's to replicate a season.

3. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

1) Multiplayer bugs + russian roullette on who is the host
    2) Lack of structured purpose (= lack of scheduled racing), which leads to uncommited drivers hopping from one server to another
    3) Bad impressions upon game launch
    4) Multiplayer doesn't seem to cope well with very fast and agile cars
    5) AMS2 is a niche inside a niche
    6) Lack of features make it not league friendly
    7) P2P structure made AMS2 lose the LFM hype train

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. David Castiñeiras

David Castiñeiras New Member

1) Multiplayer bugs + russian roullette on who is the host
    2) Lack of structured purpose (= lack of scheduled racing), which leads to uncommited drivers hopping from one server to another
    3) Bad impressions upon game launch
    4) Multiplayer doesn't seem to cope well with very fast and agile cars
    5) AMS2 is a niche inside a niche
    6) Lack of features make it not league friendly
    7) P2P structure made AMS2 lose the LFM hype train

I only agree on points 2 and 7, in the others I have not seen that and I have played 1000 hours, many in private leagues and multiplayer

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Good to hear that. Were these leagues filled with international drivers from over more than 1 continent?

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This has long been a pet peeve of mine with the legacy PC2 lobby system. It would help massively if there was a way to nominate or manually swap host duties.

There are several areas in the MP system that could benefit from extra features or revisions. A few examples: host-controlled manual FCY (hopefully to stop the buggy penalties or inconsistent calls), manual grid order, a heat system (for the incoming Adrenaline Pack), host ability to remove a penalty, "track-day mode," or practice only servers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

because the multiplayer system is designed like it's call of duty
    which is totally not useful for racing or any sort of structured racing i.e. leagues

it's also buggy too

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Your correct for the most part, but a practice only server is already possible when using a dedi, disable qually, make the race 0 minutes, and set the practice length, and bada bing bada boom, you have your practice only server:whistle:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Despite the awesome content...

AMS2 is held back by it's MP architecture...

Either the admins are forced into extra workloads because of the p2p side missing important features or drivers and admins have to deal with increased pings and the ghost bumps that take place on a larger scale on a dedicated...

International leagues risk having unhappy drivers by using a dedicated server... As most would expect better conditions, not worse... Any driver who is from the same country as another that is far enough from the the servers and hosts location can see pings to that driver from the same country head over 500ms, the same driver on a p2p is around 50-70ms... And all it takes is one bad internet moment and everyone is at risk of causing a ghost bump...

I've seen countless occasions where there's been a blow up over driving standards when it's been the poor predictions of the dedicated servers that have been at fault... I've had a few moments with drivers from Europe where they've had major contact and I've had no damage or contact what so ever...

Leagues with all of their drivers from the same country experience these poor predictions at a lower rate... But still suffer from ghost bumps and the issues when there's a bad connection...

Just Race really makes things a lot easier for admins on a dedicated but it really ruins the on track experience for the drivers and creates a lot more work for admins as they have to sift through far more incidents and make decisions on who was at fault when the cars are meters apart on the replay when the "contact" happens...

As such whenever I race on a dedicated I treat it the same as I would a public server... There's no point getting heated at the other driver when it was most likely the poor predications on a dedicated that were at fault...

• Agree Agree x 4