Automobilista 2 Mods!!!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by ZeferinoCoutinho, Jan 4, 2021.

1. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I have seen mods that allow an increase of the livery limit by making a simple "duplicate car". For example taking the base content Stock Car 1999, i want to make a mod which adds 20 more liveries (picture shows 10 more i made so far) by doing just that - a duplicate. In the guidlines i see:
    - Allowed to share: content made from scratch
    - NOT allowed: content ripped from OTHER games
    - No information on: content used from AMS2, as in NON-DLC, just what is used in the game when buying the game itself.
    2.nd pack Finished Liveries.jpg
    So if i wanted to make this mod, is it also against the rules to take an original non-DLC AMS2 car and upload it as part of a livery pack to make it easier for people that do not have the knowledge on how the process of doing it themselves works ?

If it is against the rules to do it this way, am i allowed to upload the livery pack as usual and add a video tutorial on how to make a duplicate car for which the pack will work ?

Thank you for clarifying.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

1686202911093.jpg

@robillard3381 i found another 992 gt3 steering wheel on internet. it seems very heavy FFB:p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sergio Pirrone

Sergio Pirrone New Member

Does anyone know how I can find and install the modded version of the F Classic Gen 4 helmet? ie. The one without the ridiculous permanent 'Honda' Logo.

4. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

We had this while I took the screenshots for the v1.43 in default ams2 release, in beta it was fine. Patience plz, let @Alain Fry check that again.

5. Alain Fry

Alain Fry Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

At this point you just have to play with the RC version until 1.5 version is on normal branch

6. Sergio Pirrone

Sergio Pirrone New Member

Ah okay, just assumed it was a random mod that existed somewhere.

7. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Good day fellow modders,

Like the Assetto Corsa Content + Mods document, I have put together a spreadsheet for AMS2 that will provide links to all available mods. You can check it out here: AMS2 Mod Registry

I have already added links to most of the content at RaceDepartment. At your convenience, if any here would like me to include their work, please PM me with a link (or just tell me where to find it) and I'll add it to the Registry.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Aeomer

Aeomer Member AMS2 Club Member

Will do. However, one obvious one which needs no screenshots is the issue with the car being bolted to the ground. I would suggest using the new RC Formula USA and comparing it to the KAOS mod handling. Remember, although the new fake Indycar is a departure in looks, it is using the same physics as the intended IR-18 before it became the F.USA. That Reiza version acts correctly on ovals, street, and road courses. I am sure using that as a reference would provide a million times more information to you than a few videos, examples, and opinions from me!
    Rarely has the modding community had such a perfect reference point!

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Steve Young

Steve Young Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks! There is a 1975 F1 season skin pack on RD for the RetroG1 as well, didn't see it on the registry.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Oops; I knew about that one, as it was listed at my NAMeS mod page but obviously forgot to copy it over to the Registry. Thanks for the eagle eyes—that’s a big reason why I posted it here in this thread.

• Like Like x 2
  12. KRRTDustin

KRRTDustin Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

:whistle:;)

Ferrari SF-23 Render 2 ´low.jpg

• Winner Winner x 14
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

I’m sorry to be that guy but I’m really struggling to get CM to work. I’ve tried to follow some of the tutorials but I’m coming up short.
    So far I have downloaded CM to my desktop and created a mods folder and then an enabled folder within that in the game directory steam/steamapps/common/automobilsta2.

I have then downloaded the thunderflash mod the CM version but unsure what to do from there as when I’ve put them in the folder enabled and run CM it says there are no mods to install.

im sure this is a simpler way but I had mods working with jsgme but struggling with this.

Any help appreciated

14. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• 1 - Be sure to get the .NET 6 Desktop Runtime Here the x64 version Desktop for Windows : Download .NET 6.0 Desktop Runtime (v6.0.16) - Windows x64 Installer

• 2 - Download the CM version of Thunderflash mods : MediaFire Each archives files Offer a beer to @Didouc for his hard work Donate to Frédéric Pouzaud

• 3 - Inside Automobilista 2 root folder Create a Mods folder and Enabled folder : like this : ....steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\Mods\Enabled And just place all archives files inside without extract the archives.

• 4 - Download the Content Manager here (CM) : Automobilista 2 Content Manager Extract it where you want : exemple : ....steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\Mods\AMS2CM\ Go inside AMS2CM folder and launch : AMS2CM.exe

You will get a black window showing installation progress (if not >> install .NET 6 Runtime)

Just wait until you get the message :
    "Press any key to exit." Offer an other beer to @Paolo Ambrosio for his brain coding this amazing software Pay Paolo Ambrosio using PayPal.Me [​IMG]

• 5 - Disable automatic game updates on Steam

- Run the game as usual

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Thank you , I think I’ve done all steps correctly apart from I’ve unzipped the files and then put them in the enabled folder.
    Will give it another go after work.

Thank you so much , I’ve got it working

Last edited: Jun 13, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Dale Ballweg

Dale Ballweg Member

I'm reading through all these threads and I must be missing something. When I run the AMS2CM I get this message: Error: AMSCM.corepdb is not a know archive type.

17. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

did you put the AMS2CM files into the enabled folder?

18. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

number 5 is obsolete since AMS2CM V0.17.

19. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They don't have to be in the enabled folder. I have them in their own AMS2CM folder in the Root Folder of AMS2. As long as the mod zipped files are in the Enabled Folder, it should work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I do not even have the AMS2CM folder in the same hard disk as the game and it works without problems.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1