new patch game "changer" or just "easier" ?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by MarcoMd, Jun 13, 2023.

1. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

eheh infact some cars are really undrivable and i ever think woww they drive so fast and so difficult..

2. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

wowwww
    to see Nigel driving a Sim .. woww .. so cool..

this is how i drive with the new patch

3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I think it was this one.:)
    Sorry about seeing more crashing out in quali and race than I see now.:oops:
    But I think it was the interview afterwards he said something about how difficult gaming was compared to RL racing.
    And the joke about what would have happened for him and his competitors had RL F1 cars been so difficult to drive as the virtuals.

ByTheWay: Its amazing to see how good he is to control this complete unknown car/game when the virtual race actually starts.
    Hehe looking at his face when driving and his reaction afterwards does show how instinctive competitive he still is ;)

4. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

Goodness, they give him a completely wrong FOV :Do_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I hate these exhibition setups where they leave gear shifting set to auto. I understand it is aimed to keep it simple for the majority of the public which don't know how to use a steering wheel, but it is so awkward to drive it.

I've been to an Aston Martin stand where they had a rig setup and would give away merch for the top drivers in a 1 shot hot lap around Interlagos in AC. Because of the autoshifting (+ my usual bad skills) I was about 2 secs from the usual time I do at home :(

"Btw", this has been the first time I've ever touched an F1 (show) car :D

upload_2023-6-14_18-35-44.png

They are large, but not as much as I thought they were.

• Like Like x 3
  6. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Dear BrunoB, each time I see your name on a TT learboard, I that know I better set aside at least 1 hour trying to beat your time :)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can't have a simulator if you don't properly simulate real life vision distances, ratios, etc...

8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Haha thank you my good man.
    My self esteem cannot accommodate it :D
    But how long time do you think I have used setting it?:rolleyes:

ByTheWay: I have just used some time in the F-Reiza on Monza. And for the first time I consider the low downforce setup useable. And enjoyable.
    The feeling of connection to tarmac is amazing. Hehe go home rF2 :).
    After testing this car on both Imola 70 and modern Monza I consider more and more this 1.5 update as some kind of game changer.
    Still many bugs in AMS2 - but Reiza have done miracles with the physics and specially the TM;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

so yesterday i try F1Gen2 in Spa, level 120, bah.. i think is too easy, if u don't want to say more arcade, but i even go on the grass or i brake the car and i did one lap with the broken car and the car behind me was slower than me, when u nearly stop to the first sector u can even push the gas nearly to the maximum and u'll not spin. if f1 car now is like that, ok i'll send CV to Ferrari !

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  10. projupiter

projupiter Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe that's the one with traction control

11. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

It is difficult to actually spin the cars out now when over driving , also every mishap seems recoverable

In my limited experience driving on the limit is actually pretty hard not all over limit situations are recoverable & ams2 seems to be dumbing down to please the masses ?

imo needs tweaking back a bit as in real life -the user needs to respect those limits

I must add great sim though & the continued hard work much appreciated

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

The ultimate gen 2 still undriveable to me because my brain cannot process that corner and breaking power, but your case seems more a problem of slow AI? Have you tried editing the AI files?
    For the record I tried the ultimate 2 in the last update, and the fact its not snap oversteering every time they can feels much more realistic, I cant imagine the apex of modern motorsporst being kind of a mess to drive like it was before, but thats just my opinion and I suck at these cars :confused:.

13. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think this kind of comments mainly come from a lack of say understanding of what the reality of race cars is, no offense. I could post an older video with older tech and it wouldn't be much different. This is my favourite video to demonstrate what race cars are capable of. Keep an eye on the speeds through certain sections. 320 kph down Fuchsröhre (Fox hole)!
    Timo Bernhard in the unrestricted Porsche 919.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

mm maybe my Ai is modified by some skin, if i want to reset the Ai d'u know where is the file to delete?
    I deleted the folder that Reiza said after the update..
    Actually i don't mean only oversteer, i mean all.. for example when all of u have Drs and u have 3-4 car in front of u in spa or monza, don't u pass all? i arrive from far and than i pass all in a very easy way..

15. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Old AI custom files don't work with 1.5 cars.
    The folder is under Yourinstallationdrive:steamapps/common/Automobilist 2/Userdata/customAIdrivers

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Probably the same I'm using too, You could delete but it probaly will make the AI slower... You could try opening the file F-Ultimate_Gen2.xml were Dady Cairo said above and maximize race skill and consistency, well everything that could be race related, maybe it could help.

Edit: Also in some turns the AI can be slower than it should, one thing you can do to try to help to solve the problem is to report in the AI report thread where do you think the AI is slower or inconsistent.

17. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

This discussion reminds me a lot of the old days with flight sims like Falcon 4.0, Flanker 2.5 and Janes F-15.

Jane`s F15E had a distinct flaw, and that was it's inability to simulate high altitude atmosphere. Therefor it was impossible to go above mach 1.5 in the F-15E at 42.000 Feet clean, where it should achive at least mach 2.1.

All the other simulators, where such speed where easily achivbable where wrong in the eyes of the "experts" and it should be super complicated to reach hich macvh numbers clean. Fact was rather, it was impossible in Jane's sims. due to only one atmosperic pressure and drag model from 0-100.000 feet.

Same with Flanker 2.5 where it was impossible to hit something at more then 12 miles with medium range missiles, it was defended a long time till it turned out Missile drag and inertia loss where wrong.

More difficult does not equal more realistic.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Not being into settings up the cars myself it would be good if in the future a choice of set ups could be offered much like in ACC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

i donno u still talk about this.. more difficult not mean more realistic, but i say again, if u have an half spin u can recover the car, if u want to shortcut on the grass no problem
    this can't happen in f1, old and new, one mistake ur out
    i think i will record something and i'll share here
    for me, my personal opinion that i never drive an f1 car in my life, now look like more arcade, if i compare AMS2 betweek F1 2022 and Assetto Corsa now i feel that we did a step in the direction of F1 2022

20. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

If the setup files could be named coherently, setup sharing between usern would become much easier.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1