Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Everyone has to decide that for themselves. There is no "best" file, everyone has different ideas and preferences. Decide according to your feelings:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. AxisMagi

AxisMagi Member AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would also highly recommend trying out NuScorpii's heavy messing smooth with the new updated cars. It feels really good to me.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Good morning / afternoon / evening all.
    I was wondering if it is possible to use the fresh generated blank custom file and just add these lines.
    Can i just throw those in there? The numbers you see are just a example.

# Road features settings
    #

(texture_scale 1.0)
    (micro_bumps_scale 0.275)
    (micro_bumps_smooth 0.008)
    (kerbs_surface_scale 5.5)
    (kerbs_surface_smooth 0.03)
    (kerb_bump_scale 2.5) #How big the tall curb bumps are.
    (large_track_bump_scale 0.1) #how much bumps on the track are felt.
    (large_offroad_bump_scale 0.1) #how much bumps off the track are felt.

###########################################################
    #
    # Effect scales - Change here to make an effect more or less pronounced.
    #

(engine_scale_at_still 0.6)
    (engine_scale_at_speed 0.0)
    (scrub_scale 2.4)
    (tear_scale 0.28)
    (tear_hard 0.1)
    (scrub_frq_scale 0.86)
    (tear_frq_scale 1.7)1.6
    (flatspots_scale 0.7) #how much you feel the flat spotting. At default 1.0 flatspots are nicely felt in a formula V10.
    (suspension_scale 0.6) #how much the suspension is felt. Range 0.4 - 1.0
    (rear_bump_scale 0.1)
    (rear_bump_hard 0.9)

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Double post sorry, but the recent changes that have been made to the default ffb in the new physics update has brought out a lot of detail in the logi dd pro wheel. Some things are still a bit wonky and i would prefer to use a custom. Hence my above question.

6. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

the above would have no affect apart from maybe breaking the ffb, as it has no connection to anything in the code.
    It’s like measurements of a recipe without any ingredients included.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Danielkart

Hello DMand! Unfortunately, this isn't as easy as you might think. Yes, I noticed that it now seems to support Trueforce (better supported or fully I don't know). Wait for the official 1.5 then you will see if it still needs customs or not. For me (current status) it still needs customs

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Champrt78

Champrt78 Member

@Danielkart

What is the latest version of your file, last one I have is from March. Love your work, could you point me towards your latest version please?

9. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

It is V70 and on page 314

10. Danielkart

Hello Champrt! V70 is currently the newest. The 1.5 update from Reiza will change a lot in the FFB as well. As I have already mentioned in another thread, I will wait for the definitive update 1.5. A lot has gotten much better with this physics, but there are things that I have to change a lot in the FFB to adapt it to this very good physics. The in-game and base values will also change due to this new physics. I'll be sure to post it to you when I feel like the V70 doesn't fit the new physics anymore

• Like Like x 2
  11. Danielkart

Hi guys! After many hours of testing with the excellent new physics of Ams2, there will definitely be new V80 Customs. There will be many changes in the file to perfectly adapt to the new physics. But the effort will be worth it, it will be fantastic, the feeling on the wheel is unbelievable. See you when 1.5 is definitive:)

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Can you give some examples of these changes?

13. Danielkart

The physics have changed a lot (in my opinion the biggest and best change in the physics of Ams2 so far) But the FFB has also changed a lot with this update for defaults and customs. I had to adapt a lot and sometimes break new ground. The changelog will be long and maybe even longer for the definitive 1.5 update. I'll post it in due course:)

• Like Like x 8
  14. easy81

easy81 Member

Guys I have a little problem with AMS2 since I did the update. everytime i restart the game i lose the steering wheel settings of the FFB settings. If I set custom and then save and restart the game I find Default in FFB. Every time I have to redo the procedure and sometimes it doesn't recognize the base grades.

15. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

a couple of guys i race with seem to be experiencing similar oddities . not exactly the same in each case but still related to recognition.

I’d suggest saving/recording all your settings and deleting the controller profiles out of save game folder . and creating a fresh profile .

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. easy81

easy81 Member

la cartella del profilo del controller è quella salvata nei documenti o quella in steam?

Edit. I reset the controls profiles from the game and did everything from scratch. Now everything seems to work as before.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Good day everyone!
    I just want to share this file for anyone using the Logitech direct drive at 11nm.
    base and in game settings are listed in the file. I can't really take credit for this, it's a modification of a modification of a modified file, but i have been tinkering with it here and there for a couple months.

Danielkart, really looking forward to your new file!

I really don't know what i'm doing, tinker-save-try, tinker-save-try...
    I would appreciate any opinions and feedback on the file, even though FFB is entirely personal, plus i really don't know how different the logitech direct drive base will feel to another DD base at the same levels of torque. DD noob here.

Hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as i have and once again feel free to point out flaws.
    Thanks all. Enjoy your weekend.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Danielkart

Hey Dmand! Very nice that you write your own file. It's a lot of work and anyone who has ever tried to create their own custom knows how difficult it is. I hope it will be of help to many Logitech users. Your settings will also be useful for me to integrate them into my file with the help of other Logitech owners. Well done dmand:)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  19. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

But take care, missing opposite (left_bump_pos (max left_bump_pos left_bump)) line in those files (I've already mentioned this before).
    One thing I definitly would change for TS-PC wheel bases is to reduce the "dead center" (by a lot!) with changes is these lines:

(as (blend (min 1 (* (abs steering_angle_rack) 200)) 1 0)) #JP less dead-zone (200 was 10)
    (as (power as 0.01)) #JP was 0.7

My file has many changes, I'll leave it here if anyone WITH TS-PC wants to test it.
    My wheel base is at 75% total force (test from here, don't leave it at 100%, my guess is there not much linearity in the 75-100% region)

Attached Files:

20. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I have just got a probably slightly silly idea.
    I use a handcontrolled non-FFB wheel because of my damaged legs.
    But Im struggling with the linearity of the wheel.
    I know the Sensitivity does or at least should influence the linearity.
    But even when I set sensivity to 100 I cannot get enough movement (rough) on the virtuel wheel when I turn my plastic wheel.

Question: If I set FFB on is it then possible to directly input a parameter in the FFB file that will make the transfer from plastic wheel to virtual wheel more exponential (rough)?