Menu Control on Wheel?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by WalkingFlask, Jun 17, 2023.

1. WalkingFlask

WalkingFlask New Member

Hi,

Can you work the AMS2 menus from the steering wheel?

I can assign a button on the wheel to bring up the game menu, but I can’t see an option to navigate up / down / left / right and select?

I can assign all of this for the In Car Management (ICM) system, so why not the game menu?

2. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

+ exit replay

3. WalkingFlask

WalkingFlask New Member

Yes, that’s my question.

There is an option for Wheel Return Speed in Game Menu mode, which would imply that you can.

As previously mentioned you can use buttons on your wheel to operate the ICM system, but I can’t find a way to operate the Game Menus from the wheel?

4. Oleg Kaban

Oleg Kaban New Member

Hi. No idea why you cant operate menus from a wheel. What wheel do you use? On my T300 (standard and formula wheel) all game menu controls seem to be pre-binded which is a huuuge pro for the game (and steam also states that game supports full controller input). I kinda thought the game pre binds all menu controls for all non-exotic wheels and bases. Only exception still seems to be the replay exit for some reason...
    On a standard T300 wheel d-pad navigates you in all menus by default, and on old TM formula 1 wheel it is left joystick that does the job.

5. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

edit: sorry I didn't see the date of the original post.

What wheel and pedals do you have, is there a native profile for it? Do you have any other peripherals attached that might be seen as a joystick?

I have a CSL DD which I was using with a set of TP3A pedals until the other day. That combo worked perfectly "out of the box". All I had to do was select the CSL DD profile and menu navigation worked...Upgraded to a set of simjack pro's and for whatever reason menu navigation has stopped working. Haven't managed to come up with a solution, but there's clearly some sort of hardware conflict at play.

Trying having just the base and wheel plugged and see if that makes any difference. Tomorrow I will try nuking my documents folder as a last resort.