Formula 3 backfires...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Harvey Mushman, Jun 18, 2023.

1. Harvey Mushman

Harvey Mushman New Member

I have looked for any posts concerning the amount of backfires in the Formula 3 cars, but haven't seen anything. Please forgive me if I just haven't looked in the right place. When I drive the F3's, it sounds like a shooting gallery. Is there something I can adjust to lessen the backfires from all the cars? I don't experience this problem with any other cars. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I remember going to the British GP and the F3 and F2 cars having very loud backfires so it could be a design thing. Otherwise, maybe lower engine sound

• Like Like x 1
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I havent tried the F3 much of late but the new (old) little formula Jr has a similar backfire sound, when in a pack of many cars the backfire sound is pretty intense, I feel the backfire sound from more distant cars don't lessen with distance enough.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Harvey Mushman

Harvey Mushman New Member

I agree with you, the backfires from other cars sound like they are ten feet away!!

5. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

i remember watching a A1 GP race live ( featuring a young Nico Hulkenburg vs our unheralded Kiwi Jonny Reid) and the backfires where like sonic booms .
    Tv simply doesn’t do the noise justice .

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

A1 GP was good fun to watch... I didn't really get into the whole country vs country thing... But the cars were fun at least...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I suspect the current backfire sounds are placeholders. In any case, they are not very convincing in the way they sound or how they repeat, lacking in variability, etc.

I'm sure the sound team would love to refine samples and effects in various ways but, it's time-consuming work and having access to viable sound sources is a major challenge, no doubt. We can only hope for further improvements over time, fingers & toes crossed.