F-USA gen 2 short oval differential locked

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by JavierZumaeta, Jun 20, 2023.

1. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

Hi guys, wanted to check if this setting in the car's set up is correct, or if it's a bug?

I hadn't noticed before the latest update, but I had tried it before and it wasn't a problem then. It appears the short oval variant (when going to the Jacerapagua oval, for instance) has the Spool set to on by default, and it cannot be changed. Therefore the differential is 100% locked. As I mentioned I hadn't noticed in the past, but I went to that track today and indeed the car is so slow and so easy to spin out on corner exit. I presumed the differential was locked and indeed the spool was set to on. However I can't turn it off to change the on-power setting.

I did check all the cars in the class and indeed all of them have the Spool locked on the on setting. I didn't check the other generations of the F-USA.

Is this by design?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2023
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, oval variants are required to use a spool by design.

• Informative Informative x 4
  3. JavierZumaeta

Thank you for checking!

Maybe I'll have to play with the toe settings to calm down that spin (and hopefully bring more temperature to the tires)

4. JavierZumaeta

-

Last edited: Jun 22, 2023