The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is actually only „one“ and you could put a real car in front of him and he would claim that it drives wrong...

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I know who you mean...:rolleyes:
    But I often read/hear such comments from other guys, too. And then I see that they just use the standard setup.
    Not everyone knows much about setting up a car and more love for the defaults could increase number of customers.

3. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

"Recenter VR headset position" function should be placed in the "Cockpit adjustments" menu when you are in any session. My wheel does not have that many buttons available so i always have to unbind a function and then bind the original one back once i reset the camera.

And i cannot use the keyboard when in VR. so please add this function.

• Like Like x 2
  4. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Floor damage

• kerb strikes

• other realistic forms of damage that mean you cant abuse the cars irl like you can in ams2

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  5. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

IMG_8862.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think pitboards might be a stretch, but the game desperately needs working flags and flag marshals. Also as you wrote before, damage to the undertray and from getting airborne or too violently on the gravel traps, specially in the open wheel cars like in GP4. Asked about it in one thread but got no response from the devs.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

Ams2 has a lot of vintage content. It would be really great if we had pit crews with vintage clothing too.

Sometimes you have the feeling of driving from 1970 to 2023 when you drive into the pits. As if the time multiplier is not 5 minutes but 5 years. With a DeLorean that would even be "real" somewhere. :D

Oh yeah, while we're on the subject of vintage....MazdaM1,ToyotaAe86, SupraMk1.....:whistle:

but on the other hand mhmm:confused:... then I would have to quit my job, get a divorce from my wife, leave the children with grandma, release the dog, and order 1000 pizzas. hard choice...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. TomLehockySVK

Allow one player from a server to drive the safety car.
    For league races especially it could be a cool feature.
    034.jpg

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Hosts used to do this all the time in the old rFactor days...

Because the FCYs in AMS2 need a lot of work still due to their random choices as to when to be thrown, manual FCYs are still the best way to handle them online...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

+ 1000000000 for this ;)

11. TomLehockySVK

Limit the way tires can be changed and used. Something like THIS should not be allowed when racing F1 cars. Or add server option "Different tires - ON / OFF"
    20230620112957_1.jpg

Last edited: Jun 20, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

In the old days of F1, this mixing was allowed. Teams choosed different kind of tyres depending on the track. But they did not put on a rain tyre in dry conditions...:whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Bernd18995

Bernd18995 Member

Build: 1.4.8
    Request Title: Access to clipboard + demo update

Not sure if it's an engine limitation or if it is as "easy" as it sounds, but do you think you can squeeze in access to the clipboard into the build ?

Would be a nice QoL feature for RCO or users of a similar service, because as of now we are unable to paste a copied server name into the server browser filter.
    Something my bro and i also discussed, do you think it would be possible to update the demo to the upcoming 1.5 physics ?

Cause we currently do not feel that the demo is doing the sim justice, in terms of physics/driving experience etc. and you may miss out on some sales.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Jason Pladoh

Jason Pladoh Member

Would like to request a Digital Gear Indicator for the hud, as a solo unit, Also would like the option to leave the pits under my own steam.

tia

Jason

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

you already can have manual pitstops,

• Like Like x 1
  16. DaveLew

DaveLew Member

Visual tyre deg/damage on open wheelers would be great! Especially in VR, being able to see flat spots and graining/delamination would be great for immersion.

Not to mention treaded tyres like intermediates losing their tread over time if driven in dry conditions for too long (though this would probably require some serious physics work if it's not just a visual thing!).

• Like Like x 1
  17. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can real life open wheel drivers see tire damage while the car is moving? My impression was that the tires move too fast for the driver to be able to see a flat spot.

18. TomLehockySVK

We aren't driving at 300 km/h all the time every time, so visible flatspots should be added.

19. DaveLew

DaveLew Member

It's usually fairly visible on slicks and semi-slicks yeah, the overall look of the surface goes from a nice black (for a new set) to a dull grey throughout the stint. Especially if you're overheating the tyres, you normally feel graining more than you can see it (the surface of the tyre just becomes duller than usual wear), but blistering is very obviously seen (it appears as dark lines on the tyre) when you're REALLY pushing too hard.

Flat spots are also usually very visible due to how they catch the light differently to the rest of the tyre. Depending how bad the spot is, it'll either be an extra dull patch, or everything will be vibrating so much you'll have trouble focussing on anything anyway o_O

20. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

Chassis flex & tyre flex