Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. jeanvendors

jeanvendors Active Member

Thanks, I’ll give that a try when I get back home. I understand how it’s used but haven’t seen it deplete at all (unless I’m just not holding it for long enough.) so you’re supposed to hold it continuously as opposed to a fire-and-forget system like the Copa Montana, is that correct?

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Press & hold, yes. You probably don't see it deplete because it's quite a good amount of time and the bar is relatively small.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Please see this post for F-USA23 P2P rules..

Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Deano

Deano Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Silverstone 1972 Chicane (seems to happen in any track)
    Car Used: Formula Junior (also tested on GT3, same thing)
    Applicable Settings: Single Race or Multiplayer. Tire wear was set to 5x to demonstrate the issue.
    Report: When setting up a pit strategy that has 'Automatic by Weather' tires selected the pit crew change the tires, but tire wear is not reset.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Setup a pit strategy to change ALL tires MATCH ALL COMPOUNDS and AUTOMATIC BY WEATHERS (also had add fuel selected but does the same without it).
    2. Start a race
    3. Request pit stop either via mapped button or ICM.
    4. Enter pits
    Outcome: Tires are changed according to the UI, but the tire wear is not reset.

If the user changes the tire compound to specifically select one, in either the pit strategy, or the ICM (in this case Track for the Jnr), the tires wear will be reset.

Summary (TLDR): Selecting Automatic by Weather in pit strategy doesn't reset tire wear in pits.

Video example and evidence:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

When being in garage and watching other cars on the monitor, the camera shakes heavily when you switch to cockpit view in many car classes. Can make you seasick. ;)

7. Bernd18995

Bernd18995 Member

Game Version: 1.4.8
    Sometimes there is a discrepancy in available AUTHENTIC assists between the server host and some of the clients.
    This can lead to a car that f.e. has TC or ABS in authentic settings for player A,B,C,D but doesn't have these features for player E,F etc.
    It seems to mostly happen in races and not in Practice or Quali.

I consider this a gamebreaking bug, that will hinder or overshadow any serious improvements of MP if it occurs. (imagine you trained many hours for a endurance race and you have this issue at the start- you are basically guaranteed to at least nearly crash at the first hard breaking point)

Same or probably related bug was also reported here:
    No stability control, abs or tc
    Reddit - Dive into anything

When i witnessed the issue recently again, me and my brother were driving a P4 class car and then switched to a GT4 online quali + race
    Everything was fine in quali for both but my brother didnt have TC & ABS in his car during the race while i did.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In the replay list, the 2nd line doesn't show the car image, scrolling one line up and the images appear again, but the then 2nd line on screen has no car images:

Oh and maybe finally the double saving of replays can be fixed as well, 3 years after release, very annoying bug, especially since the library has limited space.
    20230628130933_2.jpg 20230628130937_1.jpg 20230628130940_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ZakMcKracken

ZakMcKracken New Member

Game version: 1.4.8.1.2305.AVX
    Track: All tracks with less pits than grid size
    Report: If you get a message that your pit stop is occupied but come faster to the spot (AI will slow down more gently) , the AI that triggered the "pitstop occupied" message will bail out and essentially suffers a drive through instead of pitting.

If this was the first mandatory pit stop attempt , it will pit next lap.

If this happens in the penultimate lap it could also happen that the AI gets disqualified (unconfirmed), hard to test.

10. Marg

Marg Active Member

Game version: 1.4.8.1.2305...
    Track: -
    Report: When starting championship with F-USA 2023, in Long Beach, all cars were in superspeedway aero configuration (last race in single race mode was at Indy oval). This bug seems present for some time now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Gio U

Gio U Member AMS2 Club Member

12. Gio U

13. Gio U

Above 2 posts are accidental. Having trouble trying to post my own bug report which is cars bouncing into sky at Laguna Seca. Can't upload file or post video.

14. ThePanzafahra

ThePanzafahra New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any, it's a vehicle-related bug
    Car Used: Mercedes-Benz Truck (and possibly all Copa Truck vehicles, not entirely sure)
    Applicable Settings: Steam VR mode for TrackIR support.
    Report: The Oil Pressure gauge seems to be moving in the opposite than intended direction
    Steps to reproduce: Start the engine on the Mercedes Truck and you'll see the indicated oil pressure dip below the 0 bar mark. Increasing engine RPM will cause the needle to move further below the 0 bar position.

15. marc woolery

marc woolery New Member

This is during Button Controls assignments. Really frustrating with AMS1 I figured AMS2 would have resolved these issues, but its the same code.
    -You cant delete a button assignment
    -You cant search for text or "button" by click
    -You cant scroll vertically so you have to grab the thin red bar on the right and if you are lucky you will get to the bottom or top of th menu .. took me 30 minutes to find the CHANGE Camera row.
    -Trying to setup my Fanatec wheel I lost most of the button assignments for some reason
    -Continually recieve "Invalid Button" no matter what device Im using. when the same button worked earlier in another profile.
    - All button assignments start out "JOY . . . : there is no way to get the device name from windows ?
    I had to plug the pedals into my Fanatec base to get them to work, then they were backwards, then eventually they worked. After downloading the Fanatec Drive software nothnig worked when it had 30 minute prior.
    -Assigning Keystrokes dont allow a prefix key ? it appears only single key ?
    -In the secondary column "L" somehow is not "L" its (0)keyboard L ??

16. marc woolery

marc woolery New Member

Is it a bug we cannot get accurate fuel level or weather changes in Time Trial mode ?

17. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Weather shouldn't be changing in time trial, that's working properly in my opinion. Half the point of that game mode is to have everyone driving in the same conditions so the lap times are comparable, although I wouldn't mind having separate leaderboards for dry and wet time trials.

18. JBD Gaming

JBD Gaming New Member

Track & Layout Used: Nordschleife 24 Hour 2020
    Car Used: Mercedes-AMG GT3
    Applicable Settings: Tyre Wear - Authentic
    Report: When pitting to change tyres the pit crew visibly change the tyres however the tyres don't actually get changed. I even drove them down to 0% and the tyres still wouldn't get changed in the pit stop.
    Steps to reproduce: Set pit strategy to change all tyres, set to slick tyres, change teammate enabled.

19. Varesh

Varesh New Member

Track & Layout Used: Granja Viana Kart 102 (seems to happen in any track)
    Car Used: Kart 125cc 2STROKE
    Applicable Settings: Automatic
    Report: 1) I receive damage in the pit but I'm doing nothing
    2) Even if I try to repare, it seems the only brake working is the rear left. Others stay cold.
    Here is a screen capture where you can see the brakes temperature.
    Steps to reproduce: Nothing particular

Attached Files:

20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Which kind of session does it happen? Only Test Day or also race events? (it's a known bug though)

That's normal because the UI can only find one brake (which is how it is for these kind of Karts, because it simulates the single rear brake only)